Welcome to Gaia! ::

watch it, its a similar movie in japanese with english subtitles.. it rocks

Premium Egg

Feva-nrv
watch it, its a similar movie in japanese with english subtitles.. it rocks

The movie was also based on a book, if I remember right. It's a really awesome movie! Have you seen Battle Royale 2?
I've seen it, it was kinda super gory though..
Wrong forum.

Moonlight Conventioneer

12,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
No thanks =)

Shadowy Shapeshifter

18,425 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Watched it, makes the Hunger Games look like a disney movie. I like it a lot better. I'm currently reading the novel.

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
It's s**t. Unless you just want gore and typical Japanese "What the ******** is this nonsense" vibe, which dozens of other Japanese movies do better.

Help me out here, because it's been a while: They were punishing children for not attending school by forcing the ones who did show up to fight to the death on an island? I could be way off, but the Google search I did just now turns up nothing any less retarded.

Shameless Loiterer

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Champion 300
Klaark
It's s**t. Unless you just want gore and typical Japanese "What the ******** is this nonsense" vibe, which dozens of other Japanese movies do better.

Help me out here, because it's been a while: They were punishing children for not attending school by forcing the ones who did show up to fight to the death on an island? I could be way off, but the Google search I did just now turns up nothing any less retarded.

It was for bad behavior in general, not just skipping school. You know, being a bad student, attacking the teacher, smoking, talking bad about the government, s**t like that. And I think the teachers or schools would actually submit the classes to be taken. At least, that is how I remember it being explained. It could be different in the book, I've only ever seen the movie and the manga.

Which is a little less retarded than that, but not by much. It's still heavily flawed logic at play, though it may have been implied that all that was just an excuse for them to use kids killing kids for entertainment.

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Aha
Klaark

It was for bad behavior in general, not just skipping school. You know, being a bad student, attacking the teacher, smoking, talking bad about the government, s**t like that. And I think the teachers or schools would actually submit the classes to be taken. At least, that is how I remember it being explained. It could be different in the book, I've only ever seen the movie and the manga.

Which is a little less retarded than that, but not by much. It's still heavily flawed logic at play, though it may have been implied that all that was just an excuse for them to use kids killing kids for entertainment.

I recall enjoying the teacher, but that was about it.

Sparkly Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
I did, Battle Royale rocks as well. (I personally liked Battle Royale better, book and movie)
I thought about reading it after I finished Hunger Games but I haven't gotten around to that yet -finals...- maybe this summer!
I hate it. I read a couple pages of the manga. I couldn't even finish the chapter because it's so bad.. Plus I saw the trailer for the film and it looks to horror film for me.
Battle Royale came well before hunger games, It is one of the few novels I have read more then 5 times. It goes through all of the psychological stages of a middle school child who has been told that he needs to kill or be killed. When you only have a small amount of time to live how all the small grudges that you held on your fellow classmates could drastically change if you trust them or not in a life or death situations, those little crushes you have end up being the last thing you want to try before you die. It is a wonderfully written book about how the human mind reacts when it is staring down death. Hunger games, while well written is leagues below battle royale because instead of focusing on psychological horror of children killing each other it decides to be a book about rebellion with the modern necessity of needed a girl unable to choose between two guys.

Moral of the story. If you liked hunger games but felt it was too light of a read pick up the book Battle Royale. The movie was ok, but the book was incredible.

Invisible Regular

Klaark

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm almost positive that's not how it's supposed to be... in the novel I believe classes are chosen at "random". One of the students could have been an incentive to pick that class too (I don't want to say who because of spoilers, but if you've watched/read BR I think you know who I'm talking about). From what I've seen, the movie doesn't portray the emotion of the novels, so I would still recommend you read them if you have any spare time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff