Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Lunatic

karlemagne
so i watched the movie a few days ago and i really enjoyed it (i am just now reading the book so i had nothing to compare it to, which means i probably enjoyed it more than those who read the book prior to watching the film). in retrospect, the ending was probably a little disappointing because of the abruptness of it, but at the same time, i had been sitting in a dark room for over 3 hours (if you count all the shorts that were played before the movie started) and could no longer feel my butt, so i was actually very happy when i saw the credits rolling.

did this happen to anyone else? do you think it would be easier to enjoy the film if they cut it a bit shorter? after all, they did split a 300 page book into 3 movies, so i really don't understand why each has to be so long if they are not even going to be completely faithful to the original.
i read the book but i still like the movie and tbh the book wasn't that good so i'm glad they changed it and as jackson is so great i don't mind the long waiting

Witty Shapeshifter

14,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Threadmaster 200

The LoTR/ Hobbit movies are definitely something to prepare for, rather than "an episode or two" type thing.

And I'm more than alright with this, I didn't really feel bothered/ bored/ drift in and out for these movies, whereas some of the average 1hr screen time movies have failed to keep my interest as well.

I do think that Peter could have cut a lot of added plots/ storylines *coughTAURIELcough* and made two spectacular movies instead of three spectacular movies with some fanfic thrown in, but I would be 1,000% for taking out the extra nonsense and adding more character development for the dwarves/ Thranduil/ BEORN/ Bard, while still keeping it as a trilogy.

But we're missing so much of the real story for added fanservice, that it is a little disheartening.

In short, if we're going in for a 3 hour movie, I'd really like it to be 3 hours of "actually happened" rather than added fanservice.

Dangerous Kitten

karlemagne
Pineapple Express
karlemagne
Pineapple Express
Too long?
Heck no!
I wish the movie was longer!
I could sit down and watch the movie for decades
cat_3nodding
for decades sounds terribly long... i reckon your bladder would explode.

Well there would be moments where I will have to pause so I can do my personal things along with eating and sleeping, lol.
plot twist: movie plays endlessly without stops, like at the movie theater. surprised

Oh jeeze. I guess I'll have to use a catheter than, lol.

Profitable Trader

3,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I loved the second hobbit movie! I just wish the ending did not drag on like it did! That was the only thing i did not like i felt like it was never going to end!!!!

scientifico's Husband

Autobiographer

7,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Pineapple Express
Oh jeeze. I guess I'll have to use a catheter than, lol.
and a poop bag. just saying.

scientifico's Husband

Autobiographer

7,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Key_Ray14
I loved the second hobbit movie! I just wish the ending did not drag on like it did! That was the only thing i did not like i felt like it was never going to end!!!!
yeah, toward the end, the movie took some ridiculous plot twists (what's with kili being left behind to be tended to by tauriel?). i did love smaug though. cumberbatch is everything.

Valeforic's Prince

Invisible Exhibitionist

10,300 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
To be honest i think that the movie was too short. I was like "Woah, it's over all ready?"
is the hobbit even good like i never really watch it lol

scientifico's Husband

Autobiographer

7,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
mista bojjob
To be honest i think that the movie was too short. I was like "Woah, it's over all ready?"
from now, i shall call you butt of steel.

scientifico's Husband

Autobiographer

7,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
roseabell201
is the hobbit even good like i never really watch it lol
it is. and if you like to read, i recommend the book. i am reading it right now and it really like it.

Valeforic's Prince

Invisible Exhibitionist

10,300 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
karlemagne
mista bojjob

Heh, it probably takes about 10 hours for my butt to go numb.

scientifico's Husband

Autobiographer

7,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
mista bojjob
karlemagne
mista bojjob

Heh, it probably takes about 10 hours for my butt to go numb.
butt of adamantium then.

Quotable Genius

4,750 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
I like both the book and the movie too. I feel the same way you do. It's SUPER long, great though! 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff