• Forum Sophomore 300
I so cannot wait to see it!!

As soon as I hears it was coming out, I reread the book. XD

4,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Whatever W0rks
I've been waiting for this movie since '07. Back then, 2012 seemed like an impossibly long wait. And now that I'm here, it feels like it's a dream come true.

I'll be at the theater in my Elven garb, ordering lembas at the snack counter, and throwing popcorn at anyone dressed as an orc.

XD That sounds like fun!!

Phantom

7,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
Tsuki_Kirkland
Actually, I am very interested to see how the Hobbit Movie will turn out. Especially how they plan to do Smaug the dragon , and some of the other items from the book.

Also, I am hoping they don’t take anything that is too important out of the movie like they did to poor Tom Bombadil in the Lord of the Rings movie.

Actually, our problem will be making sure they stick true to the timeline. With it being a two-parter, they'll be adding in all sorts of things on what was happening with Gandalf and the like. They won't be pressed for time, that's for sure.

And in some ways, I'm almost glad they left Tom Bombadil out. They wouldn't have done him right.
Wickersnap
Tsuki_Kirkland
Actually, I am very interested to see how the Hobbit Movie will turn out. Especially how they plan to do Smaug the dragon , and some of the other items from the book.

Also, I am hoping they don’t take anything that is too important out of the movie like they did to poor Tom Bombadil in the Lord of the Rings movie.

Actually, our problem will be making sure they stick true to the timeline. With it being a two-parter, they'll be adding in all sorts of things on what was happening with Gandalf and the like. They won't be pressed for time, that's for sure.

And in some ways, I'm almost glad they left Tom Bombadil out. They wouldn't have done him right.

See, I'm really glad they left Tom Bombadil out of the movies. That whole bit in the book felt a bit awkward and weird. I mean, I was fine with it, but I can see how other people wouldn't like it. And turning that into a movie... would have been really awkward, to say the least. Especially with the whole running naked through the hills bit.

4,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Whatever W0rks
Wickersnap
Tsuki_Kirkland

See, I'm really glad they left Tom Bombadil out of the movies. That whole bit in the book felt a bit awkward and weird. I mean, I was fine with it, but I can see how other people wouldn't like it. And turning that into a movie... would have been really awkward, to say the least. Especially with the whole running naked through the hills bit.

I've read the Hobbit but not the other books. Who is Tom Bombadil, just out of curiousity? And why did he run around naked? O_o
xxcreativedreamerxx
Whatever W0rks
Wickersnap
Tsuki_Kirkland

I've read the Hobbit but not the other books. Who is Tom Bombadil, just out of curiousity? And why did he run around naked? O_o

Tom Bombadil is a character who appears in the first The Lord of the Rings. He lives in the forest right next to Hobbiton, and the four hobbits (Frodo, Sam, Meriadoc, and Peregrin) meet him when they're in trouble in the forest. Tom saves them and brings them back to his place where he lives with this elvish lady who is super pretty and sings (or something like that). His house is some sort of safe haven from the outside world, and the hobbits stay there for a bit and rest up. After they think they're ready to go, the four hobbits head out and are attacked by some sort of wraiths or ghosts (it's been a couple years since I read the books...). The wraith things take them and dress them in the clothes and armor of old warriors and lay them in coffins. They wake up and fight their way out and meet up with Tom again. He tells them that they need to take the armor and stuff off and that they should run free and naked in the open hills..... Yeah, they follow his advice and then get on their way. It's not as awkward in the book as it is when you think about it. If they had tried to include this in the movies, it would have been really... a huge turn-off.

4,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Whatever W0rks

Wow...lol so they changed the names to Pippin and Meriwether in the movies?

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Wickersnap
Tsuki_Kirkland

I hadn’t heard that it was going to be a two part movie. I really do hope they stick to the timeline, and I dunno they did pretty good wit the other characters. They might of been able to capture Tom Bombadil correctly if they’d tried. But we’ll never know since the movies for the Lord of the Rings are finished.

Phantom

7,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
Whatever W0rks
Wickersnap
Tsuki_Kirkland

Aw, I like Tom. Not even Tolkien knew what he was, but he was so very old. Some kind of high angel, maybe.

Heh. Even if they had included him in the movie, they would've cut out the running scene.

I haven't hear the voice of Benedict Cumberbatch- the man playing Smaug. Has anyone heard his voice? Does he sound impressive?
xxcreativedreamerxx

Actually, Pippin and Merry (not Meriwether smile ) are nicknames for Peregrin and Meriadoc. You hear their full names occasionally, but most people who are friends with them call them Pippin/Pip and Merry.

4,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Whatever W0rks
xxcreativedreamerxx

Actually, Pippin and Merry (not Meriwether smile ) are nicknames for Peregrin and Meriadoc. You hear their full names occasionally, but most people who are friends with them call them Pippin/Pip and Merry.

Oh. I must have not picked up on that. I could have sworn I heard Meriwether from someone I knew. Oh well, maybe they were mistaken too.
xxcreativedreamerxx
Whatever W0rks
xxcreativedreamerxx

Oh. I must have not picked up on that. I could have sworn I heard Meriwether from someone I knew. Oh well, maybe they were mistaken too.

It's understandable. The name Meriadoc is said in the movies like, twice. And if you're trying to remember a weird name, Meriwether sounds more realistic.

I know it took me forever to get everyone's names straight in those books. XD

Now, I'm reading The Silmarillion, and I'm having a heck of a time trying to keep everyone's names and relationships with eachother straight o__o ... So many people in that book.

4,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Whatever W0rks

I actually thought about reading that, how is it besides having so many names to remember? lol
xxcreativedreamerxx
Whatever W0rks

I actually thought about reading that, how is it besides having so many names to remember? lol

It's absolutely amazing biggrin
Tolkien had a brilliant talent for descriptions and for imagining entire worlds, and it's really showcased in this book. The story starts with the creation of the universe; I'm not sure where it ends (haven't finished it yet smile ). It has all of the backstory, and it really puts everything into perspective. You see that The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings are really just tiny pieces of the puzzle.

Also, if you have'nt read it yet, read The Children of Hurin. It's yet another piece to the massive puzzle that is Middle Earth smile
And it's kind of freaking amazing <3333

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces