Welcome to Gaia! ::

One word: Lembas
Recipe here.

You could also have elf ears and fake beards for the party guests. Not sure where to purchase though. Amazon might have them.

Print out invitations and other miscellanea with Tolkien fonts. Can be found here.

The Tolkien Ensemble has some nice music but I'm not sure if it'll fit into the theme of your party. Here's a sample from youtube. Again, can probably be found on Amazon or Itunes.

Here's the riddles from Riddle's In the Dark chapter from both the first and revised additions of the Hobbit for reference.

Give out goodie bags with a "dragon's hoard" or something? Like chocolate gold coins, gems, etc. If you want to spend some money you can buy figurines or other merchandise based on the movie to put in the goodie bags. Like the One Ring, the Arkenstone, Sting, Smaug figurine, etc.

Going along with the glyph idea, you can put a decal of it on your front door.

Original Gaian

15,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Luchanchan

I appreciate this very much! You and I think very much alike- I've downloaded every font there is, I've got all the riddles, and I've got the rune glyph primed and ready!
I do love the goodie bag idea emotion_bigheart and the music- great selection. Thank you very much!

Original Gaian

15,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Earyn
Your party sounds really fun blaugh I saw a Hobbit bored game at FYE the other day.

Why would I want my guests to be 'bored' ? mrgreen

Eloquent Dabbler

17,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
FullSkull_Alchemist
Earyn
Your party sounds really fun blaugh I saw a Hobbit bored game at FYE the other day.

Why would I want my guests to be 'bored' ? mrgreen

lol I didn't notice that. I meant board game blaugh

Beloved Bunny

You could do something with the dwarven ruins.
Or does Tolkien spell it dwarfen? I don't remember.
I remember we read The Hobbit in eighth grade and we had to write/decipher things written in the ruins.
So you could send the invitations in dwarfish ruins (with an equivalent in english), maybe on tea-stained paper to make it look old and such? I love tea-staining paper and it looks cool. c:

And perhaps make people take on a Middle Earth name for the evening? There are plenty of name generators out there. If you do go with the idea of have representatives from each nation/country/what you will, then you can easily have hobbit names, elvish names, dwarfish names, names of men, etc.

Original Gaian

15,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Quixotic Serf
You could do something with the dwarven ruins.
Or does Tolkien spell it dwarfen? I don't remember.
I remember we read The Hobbit in eighth grade and we had to write/decipher things written in the ruins.
So you could send the invitations in dwarfish ruins (with an equivalent in english), maybe on tea-stained paper to make it look old and such? I love tea-staining paper and it looks cool. c:

And perhaps make people take on a Middle Earth name for the evening? There are plenty of name generators out there. If you do go with the idea of have representatives from each nation/country/what you will, then you can easily have hobbit names, elvish names, dwarfish names, names of men, etc.

Great ideas! I will definitely be using those, thanks!
FullSkull_Alchemist
Luchanchan

I appreciate this very much! You and I think very much alike- I've downloaded every font there is, I've got all the riddles, and I've got the rune glyph primed and ready!
I do love the goodie bag idea emotion_bigheart and the music- great selection. Thank you very much!

You're welcome. And thank you for the donation. I hope you'll have a great party and a happy birthday. (:

Original Gaian

15,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Luchanchan"

[size=9]You're welcome. And thank you for the donation. I hope you'll have a great party and a happy birthda
2feabsdb:0="Luchanchan"

[size=9]You're welcome. And thank you for the donation. I hope you'll have a great party and a happy birthday. (:

Thank you, and you're welcome!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces