Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Gaian

15,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
So my [19th] birthday day is coming up on March 1st and I've decided to have a 'Middle Earth' themed part-ay! I have a few ideas in mind such as A Game of Riddles and some Sword Fighting, fireworks, food from Bombur's cookbook and a dragon pinata-
but I'd really like more suggestions as to pass the time.

Please leave your idea for::
GAMES:
Suggest a board game that has been LoTR modified,
Traditional outdoor party games that could have LoTR incorporated,
Traditional indoor party games that could have LoTR incorporated.

MUSIC:
Artist(s),
Album(s),
Individual song(s),
Online Radio Station(s)

PAST-TIMES:
Noncompetitive tomfoolery,
Arts n' crafts

FOOD:
Recipes
Designs,
Middle Earth names for traditional dishes,
Additions to tradidtional dishes

RIDDLES:
Individual riddles,
Visual puzzles,
Jokes

ART:
Middle Earth home goods,
Flowers in pots,
Hobbit portraits,
Landscaped windows
[all art can/will be exchanged for for GG]

Thank you [in advance] for you wonderful ideas! I'll tip any suggestion (penny for your thought)
and donate to active Quest signatures~! (This thread can also be found in the Lord of The Rings Forum)

Ideas and art will be posted HERE:
Talesian
Make the Poppy Seed Cake from the beginning when the dwarves invade [Bilbo's] Hobbit hole.
---
The invitations could have the image of the glyph that Gandalf put on the door and as the guests arrived they must give a "Middle Earth" greeting. (options included in invitation)
[Dwarves: At your service]
[Elves: Gi suilon (Literally: I greet you)]

x__Litrouke
If you have darts -- you can buy a set for pretty cheap -- you can pretend to have an archery contest. Could even pick teams and have Gondor and Mirkwood and Rivendell and Rohan and so forth[to be] represented. Actually it might be fun to have teams from the beginning and see which location/people/race racks up the most points.

We Are Organisms
scategories with only words from the show
candyland but the world of lotr instead

Erailea
Board Games:
Use Amazon, there are MANY. There's actually one in Barns & Noble right now for The Hobbit.

Given The Hobbit just came out, I'd imagine places like Party City would have decorations and whatnot. Not sure if such things exist, but if they do, Party City would have them

Lufferkinz

Have mini food courses (breakfast, 2nd breakfast, etc), pin the beard on the dwarf.
outside your house hang a sign that says "no admittance except on party business" like in front of Bag End!
For party favors pass out small golden rings, and pipeweed smoker thingies?

X_of_Pentacles

Hobbits are quick on their feet as well, quiet as mice when they want to be. You could arrange for an obstacle course. Jump, dodge,..if you've got three convenient trees, you could make 'avoid the trolls' part of it.

Luchanchan

Give out goodie bags with a "dragon's hoard" or something? Like chocolate gold coins, gems, etc.

Quixotic Serf

write/decipher things written in the [runes].
So you could send the invitations in dwarfish [runes] (with an equivalent in English), maybe on tea-stained paper to make it look old and such?

Original Gaian

15,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I'm taking the Hobbits to Isengard-gard-gard-ga-gard-gard

Original Gaian

15,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Tell me where is Gandalf- for I much desire to speak with him-

Original Gaian

15,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
The Hobbits the Hobbits the Hobbits the Hobbits to Isengard

Virtuous Muse

13,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Friendly 100
Well, if you don't mind cooking a bit you can make the Poppy seed cake from the beginning when the dwarves invade his Hobbit hole. I've made it . It's delish!

Books Make Me Hungry

Or here's a simpler recipe that's also realllly good.

1 lemon cake mix

1 cup veg. oil

1 reg. package instant lemon pudding

1 cup water

4 slightly beaten eggs

1/4 cup poppy seeds

Mix all ingredients at medium speed for 4 minutes. Pour into 2 greased and floured bread pans or a bundt cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes.

I made this one for Christmas. It was gone in minutes!!

Original Gaian

15,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Talesian
Well, if you don't mind cooking a bit you can make the Poppy seed cake from the beginning when the dwarves invade his Hobbit hole. I've made it . It's delish! 

Thank you so much! It sounds Delicious (with a capital 'D') wink
I greatly appreciate this!

Militant Loverboy

If you have darts -- you can buy a set for pretty cheap -- you can pretend to have an archery contest. Could even pick teams and have Gondor and Mirkwood and Rivendell and Rohan and so forth represented. Actually it might be fun to have teams from the beginning and see which location/people/race racks up the most points. (I'll lol if dwarves win the archery contest.)

A scavenger hunt would be another fun thing. Searching for lost treasure (if more The Hobbit-themed) or maybe each team has to hunt out their respective rings (nine for mortal men, so forth).

For music, Enya or Loreena McKennitt would work... If you want something more lively for the games, look into other movie soundtracks, especially fantasy movies. They should have exciting instrumental tunes.

Original Gaian

15,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
x__Litrouke
If you have darts -- you can buy a set for pretty cheap -- you can pretend to have an archery contest. Could even pick teams and have Gondor and Mirkwood and Rivendell and Rohan and so forth represented. Actually it might be fun to have teams from the beginning and see which location/people/race racks up the most points. (I'll lol if dwarves win the archery contest.)

Aah! I love it I love it I LOVE IT!! Thank you! What a wonderful alternative to actual archery. rofl

Militant Loverboy

FullSkull_Alchemist

Aah! I love it I love it I LOVE IT!! Thank you! What a wonderful alternative to actual archery. rofl

No problem. ^__^ For less active games, you can always play cards or dice. Dice seems more authentic to the setting, especially if you think about Bree. There are also some Lord of the Rings board games but that could get expensive.

As to riddles, pretty much just google that and you can find pages of them haha. Riddles can be frustrating for a lot of people, however... You might look into a game called Taboo. Someone is given a word (let's say 'winter') and they have to describe it to everyone else without saying obvious terms (snow, season, christmas). It's sort of like making up impromptu riddles every turn. xD

Original Gaian

15,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
x__Litrouke

There are also some Lord of the Rings board games but that could get expensive.

You might look into a game called Taboo. Someone is given a word (let's say 'winter') and they have to describe it to everyone else without saying obvious terms (snow, season, christmas). It's sort of like making up impromptu riddles every turn. xD

I was actually going to go look for board games like monopoly but those take a while depending on the skill level. I will however look into that Taboo game!

I do have a list of riddles prepared for the party, but I'm always open to new ones!

Virtuous Muse

13,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Friendly 100
The invitations could have the image of the glyph that Gandalf put on the door and as the guests arrived they must give a "Middle Earth" greeting. (options included in invitation)

Dwarves: At your service
Elves: Gi suilon (Literally: I greet you) etc., you get the idea

Original Gaian

15,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Talesian

Dwarves: At your service
Elves: Gi suilon (Literally: I greet you) etc., you get the idea

Splendid! I'm definitely going to use that! emotion_hug

Girl-Crazy Genius

FullSkull_Alchemist
So my [19th] birthday day is coming up on March 1st and I've decided to have a 'Middle Earth' themed part-ay! I have a few ideas in mind such as A Game of Riddles and some Sword Fighting, fireworks, food from Bombur's cookbook and a dragon pinata-
but I'd really like more suggestions as to pass the time.

Please leave your idea for::
GAMES:
Suggest a board game that has been LoTR modified,
Traditional outdoor party games that could have LoTR incorporated,
Traditional indoor party games that could have LoTR incorporated.

MUSIC:
Artist(s),
Album(s),
Individual song(s),
Online Radio Station(s)

PAST-TIMES:
Noncompetitive tomfoolery,
Arts n' crafts

FOOD:
Recipes
Designs,
Middle Earth names for traditional dishes,
Additions to tradidtional dishes

RIDDLES:
Individual riddles,
Visual puzzles,
Jokes

ART:
Middle Earth home goods,
Flowers in pots,
Hobbit portraits,
Landscaped windows
[all art can/will be exchanged for for GG]

Thank you [in advance] for you wonderful ideas! I'll tip any suggestion (penny for your thought)
and donate to active Quest signatures~! (This thread can also be found in the Lord of The Rings Forum)

Ideas and art will be posted HERE:
Talesian
Make the Poppy Seed Cake from the beginning when the dwarves invade [Bilbo's] Hobbit hole.
---
[Dwarves: At your service]
[Elves: Gi suilon (Literally: I greet you)]

x__Litrouke
If you have darts -- you can buy a set for pretty cheap -- you can pretend to have an archery contest. Could even pick teams and have Gondor and Mirkwood and Rivendell and Rohan and so forth[to be] represented. Actually it might be fun to have teams from the beginning and see which location/people/race racks up the most points.

I own a LOTR chess set, and Middle Earth Risk as well.

Valiant Jackling

Board Games:
Use Amazon, there are MANY. There's actually one in Barns & Noble right now for The Hobbit.

Music:
LOTR/Hobbit inspired? Look up the CD's xD There are the official CD's for the movies (animated and live action) and there are also fan made LOTR CD's (some of which are well over a decade old). I own one... the CD is somewhere... and it's actually really good. Used to play the music all the time until I had to wipe my hard drive thanks to a virus :/ Haven't found the CD to re-upload them to itunes.

Given The Hobbit just came out, I'd imagine places like Party City would have decorations and whatnot. Not sure if such things exist, but if they do, Party City would have them

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff