LOTR 0.23444976076555 23.4% [ 49 ]
Both are wonderful! 0.58373205741627 58.4% [ 122 ]
I hate 'em. Boo. 0.023923444976077 2.4% [ 5 ]
No craps are given! 0.033492822966507 3.3% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 209 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

Hissra's Waifu

Anxious Darling

Did you enjoy The Hobbit more than LOTR? Less? Do you despise both or like them equally? Post your thoughts & feelings.

yum_strawberry

Personally I still love LOTR the most. I thought The Hobbit was good, but not as amazing as I'd hoped it would be.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Well. I've a couple qualms about it. Understand that I haven't actually seen the new Hobbit yet. And my two qualms run with each other.

1. I like the Hobbit book. I'm usually much harsher with book-to-movie adaptions when I know the source material.
2.The LotR trilogy has three books, each much longer than the Hobbit by itself. Yet each of those gets only one movie, while the Hobbit gets 3?

Yeah, I know why they're doing it. Money. Fine, I get that. But between the two, there's a hell of a lot less excuse to skip details than ever before.

High-functioning Witch

37,225 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Beta Gaian 0
User Image
I liked them both for different reasons.
The Lord of the Rings was much more serious, but the Hobbit was extremely fun and enjoyable.
Both are definitely going up there on my favourite movie list, but for different reasons.

Girl

They're both great
I don't want to choose between them, especially since I haven't seen all of the Hobbit movies yet

I'm just so excited that there are some new LOTR movies for me to obsess over emotion_kirakira

I've watched all of the movies twice in anticipation for the hobbit :XP

Mystical Bard

17,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
I really can't make a judgement until I've seen all 3 Hobbit movies. I was really impressed with the Hobbit, however my friends and I were a bit dismayed at the obvious lack of beard-age offered by the various Dwarves....

Shoujo Krampus

38,000 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Magical Gems 500
la Grey
They're both great
I don't want to choose between them, especially since I haven't seen all of the Hobbit movies yet

I'm just so excited that there are some new LOTR movies for me to obsess over emotion_kirakira

Um The Hobbit is the prequel to The Lords of The Rings trilogy. I read the book. It was good to learn how it began with the ring.

Mewling Smoker

5,100 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
i love them both but the hobbit had a enchanting story line

Girl

chatta365
la Grey
They're both great

Um The Hobbit is the prequel to The Lords of The Rings trilogy. I read the book. It was good to learn how it began with the ring.

I know that; I also read the book. I was just super excited for it, plus some of my friends who were going with us had never seen LoTR so we had to make sure that they knew what was up before seeing The Hobbit!

Shoujo Krampus

38,000 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Magical Gems 500
la Grey
chatta365
la Grey
They're both great

I know that; I also read the book. I was just super excited for it, plus some of my friends who were going with us had never seen LoTR so we had to make sure that they knew what was up before seeing The Hobbit!

Cool I hope they like it.

9,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
I like both myself, but I enjoy movie easily. heart

yum_puddi I like the link between the hobbit and the first LORT movie.

gaia_diamond

Dapper Entrepreneur

4,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Market Browser 100
kagomekat1
i love them both but the hobbit had a enchanting story line

i think they r both good

Diamond Bear

I think in terms of story depth and better pacing, the LOTR movie trilogy has the Hobbit beat. Jackson managed to condense 3 books into 3 separate movies and still have it cohesively flow and make sense. I'm still sort of peeved over stretching the Hobbit into 3 films but whatever I'll still pay money to see them.
But hey, I'd rather have Jackson direct the Hobbit than anyone else. It could have been way, way worse.

Ruthless Consumer

9,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Voter 100
    Well, we haven't seen the entire hobbit yet, we have only seen part 1, so its hard to tell.
    I don't think that it would be fair to compare the two yet. I personally thought that the LotR movies got better as they went on,
    and maybe it will be that same with the Hobbit movies.

I must say that i enjoy the LotR very, very much. And i also enjoy the Hobbit equally. So it would be very hard for me to choose.
    And with new technology for Peter Jackson to play around with, i think that the hobbit is more glossy and fresh, while the LotR is more of a classic.

Vanquished Star

9,125 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
I've yet to see the Hobbit, but I've seen and read LotR and wasn't as interested as when I read the Hobbit, I want to see the movie and see if they did the book real true justice

Original Fatcat

I don't think it's really fair to compare the Hobbit to Lord of the Rings.

The Hobbit is the prequel to the entire trilogy as whole. It was written FOR CHILDREN. So naturally, it's going to be a very upbeat book, even though there are some pretty intense subjects. But comparing the movies to one another;

1. Need to wait for all three parts of The Hobbit first.
2. You need to look at them as two separate entities. The Hobbit and LoTR, while both of the same world and etc, are entirely different. It's like comparing the first Harry Potter to the last. As it continued, it became darker. The first book is nothing like the last, and you can't compare them because they're not meant to be looked at as the same. You wouldn't compare your 6 year old self to your 20 year old self and expect them to have the same criteria on which you judge them on do you?

Basically, the two are way too different yet so close that you can't judge them based on the same rubric or criteria. They're different.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff