18,025 Points
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
1kaz
lol

his quite tall to be a drawf
filigree hummingbird
I never thought anything remotely dwarf class could be considered hot until I went to go see the Hobbit. The whole time I was thinking "damn he's fine" (ok I was probably saying it under my breath too) whee

Either way I was very impressed with the dwarfs. I totally want to get the mp3 of their kick a** song. I will definitely be putting The Hobbit on my to buy list of DVDs. Is it mostly so I can ogle the dwarf king? ...maybe sweatdrop ..but it's also a really good movie.

How did y'all like it?

Gaian

Lack of dragon made me sad.
I loved it and I also am putting it on my to buy list.

8,075 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
FuzzyPotatos
filigree hummingbird
I never thought anything remotely dwarf class could be considered hot until I went to go see the Hobbit. The whole time I was thinking "damn he's fine" (ok I was probably saying it under my breath too) whee

Either way I was very impressed with the dwarfs. I totally want to get the mp3 of their kick a** song. I will definitely be putting The Hobbit on my to buy list of DVDs. Is it mostly so I can ogle the dwarf king? ...maybe sweatdrop ..but it's also a really good movie.

How did y'all like it?
I just thought it was cool how all the dwarfs were normal size people and they were able to make them look sooo tiny

ya if you notice, when the dwarves are talking to normal sized people, they aim the camera upwards to the normal sized person and aim downwards toward the dwarves or hobbits. They did this in Harry Potter to make Hagrid look bigger. to make bilbo look smaller than gandalf when they are on the horses near the beginning (after he comes and says he will go) gandalf is on a gigantic horse and bilbo is on a very small horse
most people don't notice until someone says something because they are so engrossed with the movie
loved it with all my heart and soul.

i cannot wait to buy it when it comes out on dvd myself.

Sparkly Prophet

9,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
you know it's a three part movie series right? sweatdrop
Keaba

Bunny

30,425 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
haha.. yeah. Richard Armitage was a perfect choice for Thorin. heart

[for anyone that hasn't read the book, please don't click the spoiler open..]

He managed to bring depths to the character that we know is there, but never really get to connect with in the book. ..except right before he dies. I'm glad we see this side of him sooner here.. Maybe in the movies we'll feel a bit of the same sadness Bilbo feels, and not just feel sad for him. I always cry when I read it, but I do think it's because Bilbo cries.. Then again, with how he's portrayed now, it would seem a bit out of character that he'd decide not to go along with Bilbo to Smaug's cavern when he asks if anyone will come, and only Balin goes a short way.. I wonder what they'll do with that part..

*edit* changed my mind x,x right after posting this, i got this mental image of Thorin saying "He's the burglar. It is what he was hired for." and it just didn't feel out of character at all, lol

Gaian

filigree hummingbird
you know it's a three part movie series right? sweatdrop
Keaba
I figured it'd be at least two, but all the same I thought they'd spend a little more money on making him look beastly, not give me fleeting wings and portions of tail. Albeit, the dragon eye in a mound of gold was a nice prelude. But the fact that I need to go back to hopefully see the full dragon in one of the subsequent films makes me sad. neutral
Looking forward to the dragon alright, but those dwarves are epic. I love how they're finally being portrayed as the badasses they are, cause, you know, I feel like they were a bit undervalued in LOTR..

Sparkly Prophet

9,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Yeah I think Disney's Snow White kind of ruined the dwarf street cred. It made them too cute to take seriously. MMORPGs don't really help them either since the designs aren't as cool as the other classes. I hope other forms of media will take their cues from The Hobbit and maybe we'll see some love for the dwarf class whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff