Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Mage

Did anyone else agree that the beginning was kinda slow or was it just me? But otherwise, I really liked it and since I have never read the LOTR books as well as The hobbit itself, it was cool to get a visual on the backstory of Frodo's journey with Bilbo's. The Dwarves were very well characterized and the pale orc was scary but good xD The goblin king though... bleghh... I was hoping someone would cut off his slimy beard... And the end was nice xD I felt sorry for Bilbo though having been cut away from his comfy home... but the fact he gained courage in the end was really noble and I like that. Anyone else who has seen it.. Thoughts?

Aged Codger

7,300 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Partygoer 500
I agree it was very good, but of course I love all JRR Tolkien books and Peter Jackson directed some amazing movies for LotR. I think I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was because usually i'm disappointed with the movies compared to the books, but this time I think the visual really made up for it. I love the books and love the movies. What a wonderful way to spend winter break i must say

Apocalyptic Worshipper

I believe the beginning of every adventure is quite slow, they are called adventures, because after all they are full of unexpected wink
I dont like many prequals. but the hobbit was beautiful. I loved every second of it from the rabbit sled to seeing all the opputunities i wanted gandalf to say YOU SHALL NOT PASS. i loved the movie and all of its special effects and yay. bye now

Eloquent Streaker

Yea, it did start a little bit slow. Didn't really pick up until around the scene with the trolls, if I remember correctly.

Still, was a fantastic movie, and even the slow parts were fun to watch.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff