Welcome to Gaia! ::

Saw the movie. Just saying now: its very good. Great acting. Great story. The movie was well paced. No complaints... save one.

With the 48 frame rate combined with the movie being shot for 3D it made much of the movie particularly the heavy action scenes blurring and my eyes were struggling to focus what they were receiving. Spent the entirety of yesterday with a head because after three hours my eyes were trying to figure out what town they were in.

So, just warning those of you who haven't gone. Have aspirin ready. Just in case.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
I saw it in 2D. Mostly due to my family's complaints of too expensive, 3D would look terrible, etc.

I wanted to see how it looked... emotion_8c
It doesn't need 3D. There's these beautiful land scapes from New Zealand and at one point I'm trying so hard to see these gorgeous mountains, and it was just so damn blurry. Such a waste.

3D is a crutch for poor storytelling. This movie was not poor storytelling.
I'd see it in 2D
Ahaha this!
I saw it in Imax 3D HFR.
It was amazing! Though I got a headache all day long after the movie xd
Yupyup_x
I'd see it in 2D
I did see it in 2D, and it was all messed up.
p-shdw
Ahaha this!
I saw it in Imax 3D HFR.
It was amazing! Though I got a headache all day long after the movie xd
They really need to address this. People shouldn't have to deal with headaches to go watch a movie.

Shade

12,300 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Mark Twain 100
You guys are weak! Saw it in 3D, had nooo problem whatsoever with the frames or anything. Only complaint sound wise was: I'm almost deaf and I thought it was way too loud!

Shade

12,300 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Mark Twain 100
Badoux_Sacred_Sandwich
You guys are weak! Saw it in 3D, had nooo problem whatsoever with the frames or anything. Only complaint sound wise was: I'm almost deaf and I thought it was way too loud!

Might've just been our theater though...
Badoux_Sacred_Sandwich
Of course you had no problem, IT WAS FILMED FOR 3D! The problem is the viewing process messed up viewing it in 2D.

Melodious Sleuth

15,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Friendly 100
I wish I could see it in 3D but I can not fit the 3D glasses over my own glasses in a way that I can comfortably watch the whole movie.

Girl

I saw it in 3D HFR and had no problem
In my opinion the 3D wasn't that noticeable, except for when birds and other things were popping out at you. I honestly thought the 3D for Life of Pi was better O.o

Apocalyptic Comrade

28,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hero 100
No 2D option for me, so I shelled out $14.50 for flitting butterflies, flying thrushes, and a in-depth troll cave. Not what I'd have preferred, given the pointless villain, loss of a whimsical Rivendell, and no warg meet. I'm beginning to think Jackson just doesn't like dogs or their relatives. Still not worth the $14, but better then that first Avatar attempt.
I was not impressed with the 3D. I'm glad they didn't make the movie cheesy with a bunch of random crap flying out at you. I had no problem with headaches, but I did notice some blur on screen.
Did anyone see it in both? I'd like to know if the 2D was better.

Hunter

21,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
la Grey
I saw it in 3D HFR and had no problem
In my opinion the 3D wasn't that noticeable, except for when birds and other things were popping out at you. I honestly thought the 3D for Life of Pi was better O.o

well, I watched it like that as well and I can tell very well that is was 3D. the main diffrence between movies that are filmed as 3D and movies are are filmed in 2D and them changed into 3D using a computer is: when its 3D from the start, it's going into the screen, when it's originally 2D, everything will come out of the screen.

also, I had no problem watching and enjoyed it a lot!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff