Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Gekko

Animals

This is really confusing to me. I was shocked when I learned of this.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Response.

I don't trust PETA as far as I can throw a dog.
i heard the same thing from one of my sisters, and she found out that it's true. Then she didn't want to see the hobbit because of the abuse of those animals. for me i don't plan on watching the hobbit either.
It's a wonderful movie.

Tipsy Receiver

3,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
This is why I don't want to watch it. emo

Dangerous Prophet

8,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Didn't know that. That's a lot of deaths.

Dedicated Punching Bag

12,925 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Niraye
Chalis-Cannen
YAY ITS NANERPUS
Green_crayon42

They were not abused. At all. They died in accidents, it happens. The worst that happened was neglecting their worm shots. in the couple cases where wranglers were convicted of abusing their animals, they were (basically) fired.
I've been vegetarian for 6 years and an animals rights activist for 8. I can say with certainty those animals were not abused. I don't even like Peter Jackson much (I'm purely a Tokien nerd), I wouldn't cover for him.

Interesting Gekko

Connor the Hobbit
Niraye
Chalis-Cannen
YAY ITS NANERPUS
Green_crayon42

They were not abused. At all. They died in accidents, it happens. The worst that happened was neglecting their worm shots. in the couple cases where wranglers were convicted of abusing their animals, they were (basically) fired.
I've been vegetarian for 6 years and an animals rights activist for 8. I can say with certainty those animals were not abused. I don't even like Peter Jackson much (I'm purely a Tokien nerd), I wouldn't cover for him.

I'm just trying to figure this out. Not saying I won't or will see it. In all truth, I probably will. But this does worry me.

Interesting Gekko

Xiam
Response.

I just want to make sure the animals are ok.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Green_crayon42
Xiam
Response.

I just want to make sure the animals are ok.

Don't worry, animals are fine. I mean, some of them will die, that's a fact of nature and of life. We're all going to.

But as far as I've heard, the animals used in production on The Hobbit were all treated very well.

Friendly Hunter

3,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I know persons who won't watch it because of the animal thingie. I don't believe they were abused, I think those are just accidents. In fact, it happens in any movie with animals. After all, the animals used in movies will always be mroe stressed and all than the others but this is not going to stop me from watching The Hobbit razz

Fused Star

16,100 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
No evidence, no need to belive a thing of that

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
It is shocking to me that there are so many people who are willing to write this off without even researching about this first. And yet they are fully convinced of their rightness. It is unbelievable. Yet I also understand that some, regardless of the incriminating evidence placed before their eyes, would still continue to believe what they wished.
Before you say that nothing off-kilter transpired with the animals used in the making of the Hobbit, please educate yourself about the allegations brought against it. Otherwise you risk appearing ignorant, and uninformed.
I suggest checking out this link:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hobbit-animal-deaths-what-they-394826
Before you continue to insist that nothing happened.

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I am not completely convicted in the conclusion that the creation of The Hobbit is responsible for the deaths and injuries of animals, but it is mind blowing that so many people do not even pay the slightest bit of attention to the report of the deaths and injuries of animals used.
I understand that until there is concrete evidence against the ranch that housed the animals for The Hobbit, there can be no final verdict.
I think that it is wise to research both sides of the story so that one does not form a biased opinion.
Here is a source providing Peter Jackson's denial:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/peter-jackson-denies-hobbit-animal-392242

Interesting Gekko

Psychedelic_Rebel
It is shocking to me that there are so many people who are willing to write this off without even researching about this first. And yet they are fully convinced of their rightness. It is unbelievable. Yet I also understand that some, regardless of the incriminating evidence placed before their eyes, would still continue to believe what they wished.
Before you say that nothing off-kilter transpired with the animals used in the making of the Hobbit, please educate yourself about the allegations brought against it. Otherwise you risk appearing ignorant, and uninformed.
I suggest checking out this link:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hobbit-animal-deaths-what-they-394826
Before you continue to insist that nothing happened.

Oh...whoawhoawhoa!! I'm not insisting anything.
I just want to learn about it. i made this thread before I really checked it out at all.. i did read an article on theonering.com. Not really sure I remember it too well, but...chill girl. xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff