Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Friend

8,000 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Explorer 0
I finally went to see the Hobbit in IMAX 3D on Tuesday this week. My mom & I barely got there in time to see the preview for Star Trek-Into Darkness, which I can't wait to see. My brother didn't want to go with us because his excuse was the movie was long. It's a crappy exuse since the extended verison of the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was way longer than the Hobbit's 2hrs & 50 minutes.
Before mom and I went to see the movie, we heard some bad reviews that said things like people should just stick to watching the LoTR movie trilogy. As a fan of all things related to the Lord of the Rings, I kept an open mind about the first entry in the Hobbit movie trilogy. The main reason why was because Peter Jackson did an amazing job directing the movie trilogy based on one of the best fantasy book series ever. I think people were expecting the Hobbit movies were gonna be like the LoTR trilogy. The Hobbit has a different feel to it than the LoTR. The people who gave this movie bad reviews were expecting too many great things because of the amazing job Jackson did with the LoTR. An Unexpected Journey did live up to my standards as a fan of both the books & the movies.
The music by Howard Shore was beautiful as always. The New Zeland scenery was spectacular and beautiful just like Jackson's last trip to Tolkien's realm of Middle Earth. The amazing shots of the scenery kept taking my breath away. The sets were amazing as well. I loved the far away shots of Rivendell. They were spectacular. The costumes were great as well. All of that stuff were the reasons why I enjoyed Peter Jackson's LoTR movie trilogy so much growing up. Jackson was the reason why I got into reading Tolkien's books & why I still love those books up to today.
I did notice some changes to the story while watching the movie. I know that they always do that when basing movies on books. At least, they did their best sticking as close to Tolkien's book as possible. I thought it was interesting that some of the changes to the story was because of previously unused or unseen info relating to the Hobbit. That was a pretty cool idea on Peter Jackson's part. In the end, I really did love the Hobbit-An Unexpected Journey. It didn't let me down as a LoTR fan. I don't understand why the movie was getting such a bad reputation because both the Hobbit & LoTR are completely different stories. I highly recommend An Unexpected Journey to any fan of the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy. Ignore the bad reviews that the movie picked up.

Distinct Hunter

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
I just dont want to ruin the original movie
I've yet to see it crying

Business Entrepreneur

5,500 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
is the hobbit really good?

Familiar Friend

8,000 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Explorer 0
snapsgirl15

The Hobbit is definitely worth seeing espically in IMAX 3D. It was an amazing movie.
Nice, I've managed to see it in Real 3D last night due to the late showtimes. I had to wear two pairs of glasses, and that kind of ruined the movie for me, comfort wise that is.

Familiar Friend

8,000 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Explorer 0
Lachesen
Nice, I've managed to see it in Real 3D last night due to the late showtimes. I had to wear two pairs of glasses, and that kind of ruined the movie for me, comfort wise that is.

I can see why that ruined the movie for you.
Jade Rikku Curtiss
snapsgirl15

The Hobbit is definitely worth seeing espically in IMAX 3D. It was an amazing movie.

it was rather good without it being in 3D though as well.

Shikairu Nara's Partner

Lonely Phantom

16,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Tinûviel Nínim~*Tinûviel i eneth nín. Man eneth lín?*~

I cant watch 3-D because I have motion sickness to an
extent but I still really enjoyed the movie even if it is a little different from the books
but you cant go in there expecting any move to ever be exactly like the book :3

★~*Gîl síla erin lû e-govaded vín*~★ ★~*Pedich i lam edhellen?*~★

Timid Prophet

7,875 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Planned to see it a long time ago, but didnt have time...
Hoping to see it soon heart

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Jade Rikku Curtiss
I finally went to see the Hobbit in IMAX 3D on Tuesday this week. My mom & I barely got there in time to see the preview for Star Trek-Into Darkness, which I can't wait to see. My brother didn't want to go with us because his excuse was the movie was long. It's a crappy exuse since the extended verison of the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was way longer than the Hobbit's 2hrs & 50 minutes.
Before mom and I went to see the movie, we heard some bad reviews that said things like people should just stick to watching the LoTR movie trilogy. As a fan of all things related to the Lord of the Rings, I kept an open mind about the first entry in the Hobbit movie trilogy. The main reason why was because Peter Jackson did an amazing job directing the movie trilogy based on one of the best fantasy book series ever. I think people were expecting the Hobbit movies were gonna be like the LoTR trilogy. The Hobbit has a different feel to it than the LoTR. The people who gave this movie bad reviews were expecting too many great things because of the amazing job Jackson did with the LoTR. An Unexpected Journey did live up to my standards as a fan of both the books & the movies.
The music by Howard Shore was beautiful as always. The New Zeland scenery was spectacular and beautiful just like Jackson's last trip to Tolkien's realm of Middle Earth. The amazing shots of the scenery kept taking my breath away. The sets were amazing as well. I loved the far away shots of Rivendell. They were spectacular. The costumes were great as well. All of that stuff were the reasons why I enjoyed Peter Jackson's LoTR movie trilogy so much growing up. Jackson was the reason why I got into reading Tolkien's books & why I still love those books up to today.
I did notice some changes to the story while watching the movie. I know that they always do that when basing movies on books. At least, they did their best sticking as close to Tolkien's book as possible. I thought it was interesting that some of the changes to the story was because of previously unused or unseen info relating to the Hobbit. That was a pretty cool idea on Peter Jackson's part. In the end, I really did love the Hobbit-An Unexpected Journey. It didn't let me down as a LoTR fan. I don't understand why the movie was getting such a bad reputation because both the Hobbit & LoTR are completely different stories. I highly recommend An Unexpected Journey to any fan of the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy. Ignore the bad reviews that the movie picked up.

He used indices from LOTR in the Hobbit to add the extra bits.

Familiar Friend

8,000 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Explorer 0
The Solarised Night
Jade Rikku Curtiss

He used indices from LOTR in the Hobbit to add the extra bits.

Yeah, I already knew that.

Fluffy Lover

I thought the story was a bit slow but I still enjoyed it biggrin

All the homages were so cheesy though razz

Tipsy Genius

6,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Yami_No_Requiem

I cant watch 3-D because I have motion sickness to an
extent but I still really enjoyed the movie even if it is a little different from the books
but you cant go in there expecting any move to ever be exactly like the book :3

How did the book differ from the movie? ;L

Shikairu Nara's Partner

Lonely Phantom

16,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Animaal

How did the book differ from the movie? ;L

They changed a few minor things which I dont thing actually mattered in the grand scale of things and a big part of it is the mixed in stuff from Tolkien's other book Silmarillion SOme fans hated the changes and the additions, but i for one thought they worked quite well. So I suggest that you go read some books and watch the movie :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces