Welcome to Gaia! ::

One of the things I was most thrilled at was the mention of much of the background story that isn't mentioned in the LOTR movie trilogy. My favorite was the mention of Ungoliant, one of Morgoths spiders and Shelob's ancestor, i love their story so much! What was your favorite allusion?

Shameless Cutie-Pie

9,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I liked that they went so far as they did into the 5 wizards - that's out of the Silmarillion, I believe, or the Unfinished Tales. I loved reading about them. I wasn't expecting Radagast to have such a silly, comedic character, but oh well.

2,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I actually am about to read the book, and want to ask what you guys think of the book. Like a rating 1-10. But dont give anything away (no spoilers). Thnks and reply soon.

2,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
And, also, I almost forgot. If any of you have seen the movie and read the book, which do you think is better? Again, dont give any spoilers. Thnks
Lady Tamuril
I liked that they went so far as they did into the 5 wizards - that's out of the Silmarillion, I believe, or the Unfinished Tales. I loved reading about them. I wasn't expecting Radagast to have such a silly, comedic character, but oh well.

Still haven't read that, but i mean to...first i have to reread the lord of the signs and the hobbit

Shameless Cutie-Pie

9,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I loved the book - keep in mind it was written as a children's story, an idea he randomly had one day during the war. It's fast moving with some great characters. I loved it and read it many times. Lord of the Rings was requested by publishers as a "sequel" to it, but they got WAY more than they bargained for... I give the book a 10 but I'm biased. The movie I won't rate as high as it is literally 1/3 of the story. I'll give it a 6 for being very beautifully done but unsatisfying in its current state. Ask me again when all 3 films are done. razz

Fashionable Noob

4,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Lady Tamuril

The guy lives in the forest and talks to animals.
ROFL.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces