Welcome to Gaia! ::

Whats your opinion of the movie compared to the classic?

It rocked as a movie. 0.45454545454545 45.5% [ 30 ]
It stunk, and the book was much better I think. 0.15151515151515 15.2% [ 10 ]
You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll kiss $15 bucks good-bye-lol 0.39393939393939 39.4% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 66 ]
< 1 2 3 4

8,625 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Rei the Wannabe Wizard
I read the book. I love the book. I love it more than the LOTR books.

I saw the movie. My mind was blown - in the best possible way. Jackson remains incredibly true to the book, changing only the slightest things in ways that make me think he and Tolkien are somehow communing in between worlds. Jackson also "adds" some stuff into the movie that isn't in the book, but it is canonical... It's a really excellent movie, that's all I can say. It does the book justice, it definitely does.

Just so you know he added two of the books combined. Jackson did both Silmarillion and the Hobbit to combine the two stories together. Hence why it will be three movies instead of one or two. That's why Radagast is in there and the Necromancer because they deal with "him" at the same time that the Hobbit is going on.

Kawaii Bookworm

17,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Magical Girl 50
Rosie Posie Frumblefoot
Rei the Wannabe Wizard

I saw the movie. My mind was blown - in the best possible way. Jackson remains incredibly true to the book, changing only the slightest things in ways that make me think he and Tolkien are somehow communing in between worlds. Jackson also "adds" some stuff into the movie that isn't in the book, but it is canonical... It's a really excellent movie, that's all I can say. It does the book justice, it definitely does.

Just so you know he added two of the books combined. Jackson did both Silmarillion and the Hobbit to combine the two stories together. Hence why it will be three movies instead of one or two. That's why Radagast is in there and the Necromancer because they deal with "him" at the same time that the Hobbit is going on.
Oh I know. But I didn't bother mentioning Silmarillion because most people don't know about it.

8,625 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Rei the Wannabe Wizard
Rosie Posie Frumblefoot
Rei the Wannabe Wizard

Oh I know. But I didn't bother mentioning Silmarillion because most people don't know about it.

Ah I see.. but it ties into the Ring as well... People need to start reading all of his books to understand the whole picture..... Even if the book is long.. and at times boring..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff