Bilbo 0.05 5.0% [ 1 ]
Thranduil 0.1 10.0% [ 2 ]
Gandalf 0.05 5.0% [ 1 ]
Legolas 0.15 15.0% [ 3 ]
Bard 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Smaug 0.3 30.0% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 20 ]

Shadowy Loiterer

Is there anybody else that thinks the camera work and soundtrack of the latest instalment of The Hobbit was a bit of a let down?

Even though the music was done by the same guy who did the 3 Lord of the Ring movies and the first Hobbit movie, Howard Shore, this time around it seemed a lot more dramatic and didn't have that Middle Earth feel to it.

And the camera work reminded me of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, and gave the movie a different feel to the first one (which was fresh in my memory because I had rewatched it the night before).

My sister and I were quite disappointed by this but still thoroughly enjoyed the movie because it is brilliant. And has Benedict Cumberbatch voice Smaug! ^_^

Anybody else have something to say about these things? Or any other complaints...

Witty Shapeshifter

14,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Threadmaster 200

I was a little disappointed by Lake Town's music, and some of the camera work for the Lake Town chase scene and even the Barrel Ride (which I loved) was a little too chaotic. I know they wanted you to feel the stress that the dwarves/ Bard felt, but there were just a couple of instances where it was a little too much.

But the points they used in Erebor and the angles they used for Smaug more than made up for it. emotion_kirakira

The distance that they used during the molten gold scene, so that you can see all of Smaug, and all of Smaug's fury, was just amazing.

Valiant Jackling

Yeah, there were points where the camera work stuck out like a sore thumb. Usually I don't pay too much attention to that kind of stuff of my first watch, but there were some area's where I just couldn't ignore it...

Romantic Senshi

12,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Romantic Senshi

11,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
Smaug, for sure! heart

Plinti's Husband