Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revered Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Married 100
How else will they barrel ride? gonk

And why is the mountain only referred to as Eriador.... and not The Lonely Mountain as well?

I admit i am a bit of a purist. To me there were just so many things left to be desired in Th Hobbit.

Friendly Friend

6,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
        ok this is where i crack

is erebor just the name of the city under the mountain (not dale or laketown) or is it the name of the mountain itself?

because i've been seeing it used as both and i am really confused

Revered Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Married 100
zorahs
        ok this is where i crack

is erebor just the name of the city under the mountain (not dale or laketown) or is it the name of the mountain itself?

because i've been seeing it used as both and i am really confused
erebor is the dwarf city located under the mountain. the town of dale is located on long lake. :3 Long lake (dale) is covered by the great shadow of the lonely mountain (erebor).

Friendly Friend

6,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Il Lady Fawn Il
erebor is the dwarf city located under the mountain. the town of dale is located on long lake. :3 Long lake (dale) is covered by the great shadow of the lonely mountain (erebor).

thaNK YOU because nobody actually took the time to explain this to me and it's been ages since i read the book

Revered Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Married 100
zorahs
Il Lady Fawn Il

thaNK YOU because nobody actually took the time to explain this to me and it's been ages since i read the book
the pleasure is all mine. thanks for responding and happy i could help.
I could have sworn I heard them refer to it as "The Lonely Mountain" at least once. Over all though I think they did a really good job. and don't forget that they have two more films to tell the complete story. I have faith in Peter Jackson's directing abilities. (as well as the cast etc.)

Man-Hungry Smoker

Il Lady Fawn Il

And why is the mountain only referred to as Eriador.... and not The Lonely Mountain as well?

I admit i am a bit of a purist. To me there were just so many things left to be desired in Th Hobbit.

... you do realize there are two more parts right??
have you seen the video/pictures of them in barrels????????????????
(((because there are both of those)))

And they refer to the mountain as both, you must have missed it

Beloved Lunatic

Il Lady Fawn Il

I'm reading the book and the part where they ended is before Long Lake. And they did refer to it as The Lonely Mountain.
There are two more movies being made. Hold your horses and wait razz Things will happen.

Revered Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Married 100
Devilish_White_Rose
Il Lady Fawn Il

I'm reading the book and the part where they ended is before Long Lake. And they did refer to it as The Lonely Mountain.
There are two more movies being made. Hold your horses and wait razz Things will happen.
I think you misunderstood me. I have read the book many times as well. The Qualm I am trying to convey is this: The Hobbit Book makes quite clear that the town of Dale is located on and in Long Lake. In other words Directly over the lake held up by poles. One of the things i noticed in the Hobbit film was that The town of Dale was located firmly on the ground, which is contrary to how it was depicted in the book. And seeing as there was no lake (there might be one in the sequels) I was a tad disappointed that that detail was changed. That's all really. Oh and on a side note... I don't really like Jackson's choice to take one simple and lovely book and stretch it thinly across three films. 2 maybe. But 3? Being a lover of the Hobbit for 13 years now and having read it many times... i expected more from Jackson. He is known for paying attention to the details that really matter and to me the hobbit film fell flat. (this is not only based upon the lake detail but others as well).

Durem Survivor

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Survivor 150
Il Lady Fawn Il
Devilish_White_Rose
Il Lady Fawn Il

I think you misunderstood me. I have read the book many times as well. The Qualm I am trying to convey is this: The Hobbit Book makes quite clear that the town of Dale is located on and in Long Lake. In other words Directly over the lake held up by poles. One of the things i noticed in the Hobbit film was that The town of Dale was located firmly on the ground, which is contrary to how it was depicted in the book. And seeing as there was no lake (there might be one in the sequels) I was a tad disappointed that that detail was changed. That's all really. Oh and on a side note... I don't really like Jackson's choice to take one simple and lovely book and stretch it thinly across three films. 2 maybe. But 3? Being a lover of the Hobbit for 13 years now and having read it many times... i expected more from Jackson. He is known for paying attention to the details that really matter and to me the hobbit film fell flat. (this is not only based upon the lake detail but others as well).

I think you are confusing the cities. Dale is by the feet of the lonely mountain. The one that is above water is lake-town, or Esgaroth, that was founded after Smaug invaded Erebor. It only shows later both in the book and probably in the movies.
Oh, and if i remember correctly, Dale is a ghost town by the time of the events of the hobbit.

Revered Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Married 100
Selene Eumelia
Il Lady Fawn Il
Devilish_White_Rose
Il Lady Fawn Il

I think you are confusing the cities. Dale is by the feet of the lonely mountain. The one that is above water is lake-town, or Esgaroth, that was founded after Smaug invaded Erebor. It only shows later both in the book and probably in the movies.
Oh, and if i remember correctly, Dale is a ghost town by the time of the events of the hobbit.
omg i think youre right! Thank you

Lily-livered Loiterer

They haven't gone through Mirkwood yet. The barrel ride is when they escape from Mirkwood, so we won't be seeing any of that until the next movie.
never could get to grips with those things.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff