Welcome to Gaia! ::

What are your favorite fictional martial/military/warrior cultures?

For those who don't know the meaning of the word martial, Martial is an synonym for "military", "warrior" or "warlike".

I believe there is a similar thread in the General anime sub-forum.

1. Yautja (Aliens versus Predator): Actually they are more like a race of hunters than a warrior race but their culture still holds a martial tradition.

2. Minbari (Babylon 5): They are actually a multi-purpose society based on caste system rather than a martial society. But the Minbari warrior caste have a very interesting, strict and rigid military culture.

3. Klingons (Star Trek) have one of the most complex warrior cultures with martial societal norms and codes of honor.

4. Kree (Marvel comics): they are a fierce and proud martial race whose greatest and most famed soldier is Captain Mar-Vell who then fought alongside the Avengers and other Earth superheroes until his timely death.

5. Skrulls (Marvel Comics): they are also a martial race, very aggresive and brutal but possess a code of honor, too. The best example of a typical Skrull warrior is Kl'rt the Super-Skrull.

6. Romulans (Star Trek): are a proud militaristic race and have their own code of honor.

7. Asgardians (Marvel comics): a warlike race of gods whose martial culture have inspired the existence of Vikings. No Asgardian represents Asgardian honor and pride better than Thor.

8. Amazons (DC Comics): a proud and skillful warrior race where Wonder Woman comes from.

Cimmerians (Conan the Barbarian): I understand they are a warrior tribe but I don't know much about them enough to judge them.

Khunds (DC comics): i have seen them in a few comics. I believe they have a martial culture but I haven't read enough about Khunds enough to judge them.
I have none?
None of those.

Girl-Crazy Consumer

6,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
Ninjas!
wait... they're not fictional...
m'bad...
ninja heart
You've been thinking about this too much...
this is dumb

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces