Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you hate people from NYC?

No 0.55555555555556 55.6% [ 40 ]
Yes 0.083333333333333 8.3% [ 6 ]
I'm from it! 0.083333333333333 8.3% [ 6 ]
Poll whore 0.27777777777778 27.8% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 72 ]
1 2 3 >

Really, I'm not saying everyone has something against people from NYC. I'm just saying that a lot do.

A few years ago, I moved to upstate NY, from NYC. A lot of people notice my accent, and they ask where I'm from. When I tell them I'm from NYC, they just kinda say "Oh." and become kind of rude.

I've actually had people sit next to me in public places, and they won't notice my accent, and start talking about "those downstaters". I mean really, what have we ever done to them?

And yet the just LOVE to go shopping there. But they think that they're all going to get shot if they go there. Either that or raped, mugged, stabbed or something. I've lived there most of my life, and I'm fine, right? I mean, it's kinda...dirty, if you want to call it that, but sometimes when I go outside it smells like cow s**t. You can't tell me that's nice. Half the people are missing at least one of their front teeth...

All the terrorist crap too. They had nothing to do with 9-11. Yet they got out of school after the towers were hit. I was in school that day, and I can tell you, we didn't get let out early at all. And the other day, I get on the bus, and the people that live up the hill from me are going on about this airplane that was flying low the other day. They were all scared because they thought it was a terrorist and that the plane had missles or something on it. This was a serious discusion too. Now, I saw that plane too. It was one of those personal airplanes that only carry like 5 people maximum, and have propellers. I don't know what they mistaked for missles, but I can tell you there was nothing resembling a missle on it. They seem to think they are in danger, which they most definatly are NOT.

So, in general, I'm not a big fan of them either, but that's because I don't know why they don't like NYC?

Sorry for the amount of text...
Discuss:
NYC
Why people dont like people from NYC
Rude people
Try being from Texas hun. :C
yeahhhh cali ftw~
Uhh I'm cool with everyone.

...UNLESS THEY'RE UNCOOL WITH ME. mad
NY - NYC...?

I don't hate New York people
Unless they hate me
But they can't, seeing as they don't know me
I have never been in America
And i never plan to either
See, I'm from the Boston area.

That should be enough explanation for you. xd
Damn yankees....j/k blaugh
Miocho
Try being from Texas hun. :C

Amen to that....
I think the movie ghostbusters summed it up. I'll re-enact it for you to remind you

*bangs on window of restaurant full of people* PLEASE, HELP ME!!!
*turns around* nice doggie... gonk AHHHHHHHHH!!!!
*people in restaurant look at this as he gets dragged away by demon dog, then resume eating and talking as one*

rofl
I don't hate people from NYC, and I'm from down...state?

I never get to go to the city though...
I've known several people from NYC. They were cool. So I guess I don't have anything against people from NYC.
I live in Upstate, The city can be dangerous, but it's not terrible.
And i have all my teeth, kthx xD
RootBeerKisses
See, I'm from the Boston area.

That should be enough explanation for you. xd

Well, yes, i understand Boston. That whole Yankees/Red Socks thing...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm from Ithaca, and I hate the accent here, it sounds so stupid.
My family is getting it, but I am firmly holding onto my Washington accent.
Because your city is too big.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces