Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well, here's the thing though. I mean why in the first place the Church 'ban' homosexuality. They keep saying that the union is between male and female, and that God loves us all because we're all his children and that those who are homosexuals are touched by the devil and will go back to the devil... I reckon it's a whole lot of ranting.

I went to a Christian Primary school before, they taught us stuff like 'values' according to the bible. And believe me, I didn't have a good time. When I moved country, and can't find myself in another christian primary school (thank goodness), I got placed in a public primary school.

In that Christian PS, they taught us stuff like reading from the Bible, how to be a good person. But we were also taught that we shouldn't do naughty things. But since we haven't touched on sex education, the whole issue of homosexuality, sex, and what not are still unknown to me.

I used to believe that being a homosexual is wrong, that when I die, Heaven will reject me. I was brought up, even though not in a fanatical Christian family, I still went to a Christian school. So my thoughts on subjects like those are very negative.

Now that I found that I am indeed, a gay person I have comes to terms with who I am. A gay man. I no longer am a Christian because frankly, and no offense to the Church, I have asked in about in third-person and all them ministers and pasters don't accept gays into their church. So I stopped going to church.

They younger generation who attend church tend to accept homosexuals more easily. And thank goodness for that. I personally gave up in the end. With everything that's been going on in life, trying to get back into the Church isn't on top of my list. However I know people, friends who are gay and attend Church, they try to get my to go as well, but I found other things to fill up my Sunday mornings.

Christians can be homosexuals, there is nothing wrong with that. The Church didn't make the rules, God did. God didn't say homosexuals are wrong to live on earth, the Church said that. And no, you won't go to hell because you are a gay person. If all gay people go to hell, then Hell would be overflooded by now and Heaven will be virtually empty. Everyone would comit a crime sooner or later, whether it is murder, stealing, lying... They're all sins and sinners are punished they say. I doubt the Church today is very holy anyway.

People fear what they don't understand, and frankly homeosexuality was present even before the Church came. The asians had a homosexual culture that was free way back until the Church corrupted these cultures and bleed their gospels into them.

I am asian and I found it insulting that the Church back then did ANYTHING, even kill in the name of God. So how cna you trust what the Church says as truth? You can't.

Don't listen to the Church, listen to God. God is with you everywhere, and God will shelter you when you die. Bring you up to heaven in eternal peace and love. So stay Christian, stay gay, and when you die, you'll go to Heaven.

Trust yourself, not the ramblings of the church.

confused Hmm, I talk weird... Maybe it's the time.
its ok to be gay and if you are you wont go to hell cuz god tells you to make your own choice and you can still stay Christian k
In the sense of a homosexual going to hell is slightly hard to believe. Mostly since alot of the bible and it's Christian followers contradict themselves.

God loves all his creatures, but if your homosexual your going to hell.

Seems odd to me. <<:

But at the same time, all humans are sinful when you loop back to the first orginial sin, it was said that we are al born sinful and can't erase that. So why would being homosexual be the sin to tip you into hell? Especially since we're all sinful to begin with?

Alot of the things preached from the bible often become distorted and morph from the orginial teachings of it. It is said that Jesus died for our sins, because we all have them. So why should we be afraid, for lack of a better term, to commit sins. I'm not saying being sinful is good, but why should one worry if their sexual orientation will send them to hell for being a natural sin, when Jesus supposedly died for them?

Edit: I personally don't believe in the presence of a God who allows people to kill in his name and be pardoned for going against one of the Ten Commandments? To me,Christianity is a contradiction not worth sticking up for.
[ Lexiel ]
Yondara_The ChaosMage
Jackblue098
you shouldn't be in a relationship that you don't want to be in.

But what if the survival of the human race depended on it? Then what? Should they be allowed to risk all of OUR lives for their own selfish desires?

gonk I sure hope you're being sarcastic.

You decide. I'm not spelling things out for you.

User Image

Believe it or not, MANY MANY MANY Christians are Gay/Lesbian/Bi.
So don't worry, you're not the only one.

And secondly, you're not going to hell. God made you that way, and that's what you and every Christian need to realize.

User Image
i honestly think that being a homo has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you go to heaven or hell. people have done worse than make out with the same gender. i don't think you're going to heaven, but if your life as justly as possible than you could at least get to pergatory or be reincarnated.

EDIT: the church says homosexuality is bad because life can not be formed from the union. THE CHURCH USED TO CASTRATE PEOPLE!!!!!!!! you cant have babies from that! the church contradicts itself, so dont worry...
Wraithavelli
My advice to you would be don't act on your urges, because it is the acts rather than the urges which are sins I think. I know two gay christians who think like that, so i'll just say to you what they say themselves.

WTF!?!

To never hold a lover and as lovers were meant to because the love for God is greater... that's messed up. I'd say that heterosexuals shouldn't act one their natural "urges" but then that would be hetereophobic and intolerant.
I doubt that God will send you to hell over something like this. God had angels portray gay men at times(forgot which book in th ebible, but its the story of the angels and the people who hid them, and the crowd outside of people saying "let them out so that we may know them"-meaning, 'bring them out so we can have sex with them') God has a place for everybody. God knows whether or not you are a just person. And another thing: do souls have genders? Who knows, so gender may only be a thing of the earth, being a "sin" of the earth. But in the afterlife, genders may not even exist, so what you did that was "unacceptable" on earth may be perfectly ok in heaven.

Regardless, God has a place for everybody and will not forsake you, or the one you love.

Much love! And hope I helped a bit!
ninja ~Jessica~ ninja
I don't believe there is a damn thing in the entire bible that says anything about homosexuality

God would be the one that made you that way in the first place

EDIT: look at the ten commandments, is there anything about homosexuality in there? Jesus was the one that told us that all that mattered was following the commandments
ShadowTiger17
I don't believe there is a damn thing in the entire bible that says anything about homosexuality

God would be the one that made you that way in the first place

EDIT: look at the ten commandments, is there anything about homosexuality in there? Jesus was the one that told us that all that mattered was following the commandments

Well, yes it does, but as stated before, it condemns eating seafood in the same passage. So is everyone that has been to red lobster going to hell? I highly doubt that, unless the God we believe in is much different than what most of us thought.

A little while ago I was silent for a day [I don't know if that was a nation-wide thing or not, but our school gave the option of not speaking all day in support of homosexuals(I'm straight, but I fully support gays and bi's)] and some a*****e came up to me and told me that everyone that is doing this is going to hell for supporting an "inferior race." And I couldn't talk back either.
1. Yes. If people *could* make monkeys think and talk like humans and the monkeys believed in God, I would say they were christians; why would a human be any different?

2. No. God loves everyone, and that means everyone...... bottom line. Why would it state in the bible that he loves all his children and not mean that he loves them all.

Everyone is different, and I personally think that if God didn't like something he wouldn't let people have that trait, or characteristic....... I think that God lets people have different things to show how it doesn't matter what you look like or what your sexual preference is for him to love you. God loves people for who they are and not for who they act like. You have to be true to yourself, whoever that may be.
Yondara_The ChaosMage
[ Lexiel ]
Yondara_The ChaosMage
Jackblue098
you shouldn't be in a relationship that you don't want to be in.

But what if the survival of the human race depended on it? Then what? Should they be allowed to risk all of OUR lives for their own selfish desires?

gonk I sure hope you're being sarcastic.

You decide. I'm not spelling things out for you.

I think you are. You don't have to spell things out for me, dear. I'm not stupid. 3nodding I wasn't asking you to, either. I just said I hoped you were being sarcastic. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bloodthirsty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Partygoer 500
For me, the bible is unclear about certain things, one reason why I don't believe in it anymore. in truth, there is no real answer to your question because no one knows what happens after death. All you can do is follow the bible's guidlines, and whatever it mean to you, then believe that.
How does anyone else know better than anyone else who God loves and hates? I firmly believe God would never send you to Hell.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff