Welcome to Gaia! ::

Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?

Never! The Order of the Elmo cult made me swear to secrecy! 0.51136363636364 51.1% [ 45 ]
No... but I know where Barney lives because he kidnapped me once. 0.48863636363636 48.9% [ 43 ]
Total Votes:[ 88 ]
1 2 3 >

I learned an important lesson today: that educational movies you watch in any foreign language class are for the mentally challenged and must be destroyed. Especially the ones that focus on fake-looking Spanish parrot puppets that say "I love you!" to small children.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Run, children! Run far away from Professor Parrot and find a trusted adult! And for the love of God, don't eat the candy he gave you!

Discuss!
-Retarded educational movies you had to watch in school or elseware
-Child-molesting puppets

In second grade we watched tapes that taught us spanish.

It started with a weird song like
HOLA AMIGOS.
And stuff.
lmao i watched this commercial
that was trying to sell a video
that talked about stranger safety

here:
User Image
xboomx
I know which one you mean. Personally, I woudn't count a 35-year-old with pigtails as a "trusted adult."
All educational videos suck, I watched this one in acient world history last semester and it blew, it was on the crusades. Holy s**t I wanted to smack who ever produced it, they had these guys that were suposed to be fighting and they each had like cardboard night armor on and a stick. So then the ey run at eachother waving their hands in little slaps till the crusader one wacks the other one guy on the ead with a stick, so they just stop and look dumbstruck and the crusader guys walks off. Or we watched this one, I think it was recording of a tv show called history bites, and they were doing acient greece, sparta, athens and the persians and they were trying to make it an imitation of wrestling, and wow the costumes were cheesy, I don't think any of those kinds had motley crue hair.
xboomx

here:
User Image
that is um.... scary
Pshhh everybody at my school knows spanish and can speak it without sounding all gringo. Because my school is 98% mexican so screw learning video`s. We don`t even have a foreign language class
I really hope I wasn't psychologically scarred from having to sit through "Jason and the Argonauts."

It made me hate everything involving the 1960s, fleece, Ray Harryhausen, and bad actors with waaay too much facial hair.

Magical Tree

I trust Mr. Rogers. 3nodding

We've all seen our share of retarded "educational" videos.

I had to sit thru "kids' church" services that had a puppet-show every Sunday. scream Pretty much hated it. It was retarded.
I don't remember a dang thing the puppets were saying, but I will never forget the one day the one puppets' hair fell off. (the only thing better would have been to see the puppet burn but well.... Yeah. Puppet Sadist am I.)
Eddie the Eagle. Eagle that told you about gun safety.

"Stop! Don't touch. Tell an adult." Great advice for gun safety, Eddie. When I told my dad it was about guns though, he said not to watch it anymore. xD Gladly obliged.

Blessed Elocutionist

When I was in first grade, I saw a video telling kids not to get high.

They showed this kid, sitting at home all alone, really sad.
Then he went outside and saw some kids flying.
They were saying, "Come get hiiiigh with us!"
And the kid said, "No thanks." and walked away.

At the end of the movie, all i could think was,
"I want to fly like those kids!"

Hygienic Raider

15,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
"JUST AROUND THE CORNER~"
Educational= EW.
Oh, and if anyone... anyone... tells you to watch all 6 hours of "The Blue and the Grey," do everyone a favor. Stab them in the heart.
[carbon.fixation]
When I was in first grade, I saw a video telling kids not to get high.

They showed this kid, sitting at home all alone, really sad.
Then he went outside and saw some kids flying.
They were saying, "Come get hiiiigh with us!"
And the kid said, "No thanks." and walked away.

At the end of the movie, all i could think was,
"I want to fly like those kids!"

rofl

Magical Tree

Sakimei
Eddie the Eagle. Eagle that told you about gun safety.

"Stop! Don't touch. Tell an adult." Great advice for gun safety, Eddie. When I told my dad it was about guns though, he said not to watch it anymore. xD Gladly obliged.

OMG! I remember that! I complained because my uncle put it in, and I thought it was stupid. They told me to shut up and watch, "it's educational."

Psh. Dumb stuff like that is liable to make one violent... wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces