Welcome to Gaia! ::

This isnt a thread to flame gay people ill start out by saying that, but what ever happened to homosexual people just acting like regular people, ive been on gaia for a really long time. All I see now is people browsing around with:

Im gay deal with it!, I Love men!, Im a lesbian lay off!.

People wouldnt harass you if you didnt have that s**t in your signature, I dont see guys walking around in real life with a tattoo on their forehead, "I Love Men! Pick me gay guys!" or women with a phrase pertaining to the same. I also dont see straight people walking around saying "Damn, I love women!", or the same for women. We walk up to people, have a line, a way to start a conversation, maybe you need to do the same instead of hunting around like a ten year old trying to find out what a relationship is about with a sign in your signature. Just like gay bars in real life, theres posts where there are only homosexual people, or bi people who just go there. Im the first to say I dont want a gay person hitting on me, im very straight forward about my sexuality because im homophobic sometimes, but then again, im going to bash you for being being gay, thats a personal choice about the way you live, but a signature is sopost to be used to Identify yourself as a person, not just a way to look for someone.

And for the record, the meaning of homophobic by the dictionary is, "Behavior based on such a feeling.", or "Fear of or contempt for lesbians and gay men.". Did you notice how it says "Fear -Of-, -or- contemptfor lesbians and gay men.". It doesnt mean that I hate you, it means if you hit on a homophobic person they are going to be uptight, or wareful. Only people who are below the age of ten year old, or the mindset of a ten year old would dare to bash you for having your own opinions on sexuality.
So please stop putting this in your profiles. Its infact a turn off if I saw a girl who said, "Straight". Not that I dont love straight women, its just that if you have to advertise it you are desperate, and to many thats a big turn off.

Please if your going to try to disagree post a valid reason why, just not, "Your wrong.".
WHAT EVER MAKES THEM HAPPY
Straight people advertise their sexuality just as much.

Personally, I'm sick of everyone making a big deal out of their orientations.
Dark_Lady_Jade

Not true, I havent seen nearly as many signatures saying, "Im Straight!", as I have saying, "Im a lesbian!", or "Im gay!".
Dark_Lady_Jade
lol

Arghm.

Yes..

I'M A LESBIAN LOOKIT ME LOOKIT ME LETS ALL GO HAVE SEX TOGETHER IN THE STREETS YES YES!!

Astral Sex Symbol

18,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Yeah I agree; cant we just be PEOPLE, not Gay Straight or Bi? sheesh.
Dark Tsar
Dark_Lady_Jade

Not true, I havent seen nearly as many signatures saying, "Im Straight!", as I have saying, "Im a lesbian!", or "Im gay!".

Oh, and what do you call all those sigs in which someone has a boyfriend or girlfriend?

Face it, heterosexuals flaunt their sexuality just as much as homosexuals. The only difference is that heterosexuality is approved of and considered normal.
I'd just say, "I'm straight; don't hit on me or anything," or something of the like if I don't want someone to hit on me. Plus, straight people do the same, so it's not just gays or bis.

Personally, I don't think it's a big deal. It doesn't actually affect me in any way.
Dark_Lady_Jade
Dark Tsar
Dark_Lady_Jade

Oh, and what do you call all those sigs in which someone has a boyfriend or girlfriend?

Face it, heterosexuals flaunt their sexuality just as much as homosexuals. The only difference is that heterosexuality is approved of and considered normal.
Its someone confessing their love for someone rather than desperatly saying they are a certain kind of sexuality and are looking for a mate.
You may not notice it as much, which means that it so fixed in our culture that we've become dull to it's presence, but hetro advertising is all around us. The gays are just making up for lost time. I'm not a fan of them doing it mind you, but I'm not a fan of us doing it either. That's just little ol' me though. Either way, sex sells, and homosexuals are a market to be...well...tapped. *insert homosexual+tapping joke here...pause for childish snickering* Not much we can really do about it. Soon we'll be as unfased by it as we are by hetro ads.

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
Silly teenagers, thinking they're bisexual.

It's the Internet; people shouldn't take s**t so seriously.

Liberal Explorer

1,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I remember hearing some comedian talking about this. He said it was pretty stupid to advertise something like your sex life, and compared it to "My mother has hemorroids."

My mother has hemorroids and I VOTE.

And if you get enough people supporting that, with My mother has hemorroids pride parades, there will eventually be people who hate you all for it.
Dark Tsar
Dark_Lady_Jade
Dark Tsar
Dark_Lady_Jade

Its someone confessing their love for someone rather than desperatly saying they are a certain kind of sexuality and are looking for a mate.

Then what do you call those sigs in which someone has a picture of a guy or girl? It's the same thing.
Dark_Lady_Jade
Dark Tsar
Dark_Lady_Jade
Dark Tsar
Dark_Lady_Jade

Then what do you call those sigs in which someone has a picture of a guy or girl? It's the same thing.
It doesnt bug me for a homosexual personal to have a picture in their sig of them and their mate, neither of their name and their mates, im talking about a scentence of them just blantently saying they are gay.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff