Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kids should be outside playing socer or enjoying life not practicing how to be a total w****. My point is that there exuses for the world to have more self sentered than lindsy lohan and Firgie who only think about themselves and none else
Quote:
Why doesn't anyone ever complain about toys marketed at males? You know, the ones about violence?
because violence is fun

Fashionable Kitten

PillowJamas
What the f**k is up with childrens toys these days? Maybe not just toys but music too. Barbie Dolls, Bratz, and Polly Pockets all dress so skimpy which are making little eight year old girls want to look like their 21! What ever happened to baking with your mother or having a childhood? The young people of society are no longer children but want-to-be skanks. Also the songs now like rap are all sexually related, for instance last week I was at my cousins house (shes 9) and she was singing On the Hotline. WTF ED? WTF. Is it right for kids to be waisting away their kid years?

Those are the My Scene. The classical Barbies didn't dress like now. And Bratz are whores. Ghetto whores. :B

Fashionable Kitten

Wigfur
I am a parent. I have a 6 year old little girl. Now she plays with Barbie she plays with Polly and she plays with Bratz. I do not blame the industry for the children and the way they are being raised. When I was a kid I watched GI Joe ect,and even though Joe killed people and he was a war hero, my mom and dad explained they'd kick my a** if I tried any of that. Why? Because that is the parents job. Parents.. stop letting tv raise your kids, it's not a babysitter, get off your a** turn off your computer, your tv whatever distracts you and interact with your child. BECOME your child's hero...... is that so freaking hard to ask??? It's okay to play online, to watch tv, to do whatever you do. But have the sense to spend time with your kids. be on the computer when they are school, in bed, or playing with a friend and not needing you. Your child turns out how YOU raise them, Not Disney ect.

Yes, but even if you explain to her not to dress like a Bratz doll, there's a thing called ******** rebellion. If she sees her other friends do it, she'll want to too. Parents aren't the only influence on kids.
yes but parents are supposed to keep tabs on what their kids are doing. its called responsible parenting.

Fashionable Kitten

scarlett_fox
yes but parents are supposed to keep tabs on what their kids are doing. its called responsible parenting.

Parents don't know what a child is thinking and they sure as hell can't control that either.
.Amber.Young.
What needs to happen is Disney and Nick need to fix their s**t first and bring back the decent programming for kids. Boy Meets World, for example. Spectacular show, gave kids morals, and had real characters. Not dumbasses like Hannah Montana.
Once kids have good role models on TV, their dolly preferences will change too.
I agree completely. Walt Disney would be ashamed to have his name on that channel now'adays.
yeah, polly pocket used to be like mighty max (mighty max was so freaking damn unbelievably awsome that it kicked major a**). Polly used to be a tiny cute little figure that had one point of articulation and had her own tiny play world. now she has tiny little dresses that she can interchange.

---

I used to LOVE Polly Pocket. My little sister collects the new ones, and I'm like, "You can't put THAT in your pocket!"

And Barbie used to be okay, I think... The '80s/'90s clothes were cool.

I think the difficulty is kids' clothes these days are like mini-adults' clothes. I used to wear homemade, cheapo dresses and huge tatty T-shirts and dungarees. Kids are meant to get DIRTY.

Dapper Gaian

ruby_snake
yea like one time in stores i saw a nude barbie

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

While I see your point, and I agree that these toys gears towards children have less than wholesome values, but business is business. And businessmen are not concerned about the morality of what they sell. If morality is the right word.

Its the parents that stick their kids in front of the TV and expose them to these toys at an early age. This creates a need for the toy that parents will satisfy just to get their kids to shut-up. And if the kids rebels? Dicipline. Kids are so stuck-up these days and parents need a backbone. Honestly, parents should be allowed to beat some senses into their kids with out getting Childrens Aid called on them.
.Amber.Young.
What needs to happen is Disney and Nick need to fix their s**t first and bring back the decent programming for kids. Boy Meets World, for example. Spectacular show, gave kids morals, and had real characters. Not dumbasses like Hannah Montana.
Once kids have good role models on TV, their dolly preferences will change too.

God, I hated that show so much. So did most people I knew back then. It was so lame, when it came on most people changed the channel. Boy meets world was one of the worst shows ever.
I was a child as well, yes I recall rebellion. But I also recall the way I was raised. We were not told what NOT to do. My parents were able to find a balance. They did not raise us to tell us what not to do,they raised to have awareness of what we were doing,and what our actions could receive as reactions. I have no need to control my daughter or my son. I simply wish to provide them with enough knowledge to make the decisions they are going to make. I do not tell her not to wear this or not to wear that. She is six at the moment. When she gets older I hope to have instilled some form of moral function in her to know what is good what is bad and what is going to work.. FOR HER. Not the world.
You know what? I bet older people in the 90's were complianing about the way barbies dressed then and the music that was popular at that time also. Hell there were a good amount of songs that wern't deemed "child appropriate" at that time too. So quit the rap bashing.

As for the toys, sure I find the dolls stupid but in the end it's the parent's job to set the limits on what a child can or can't wear. If they wont do that then they have no right to b***h at a bunch of toys.
Soo, you don't buy the miniskirts and tube tops for the barbies and bratz dolls. There's tones of not slutty clothing for those dolls. You can't really deprive a little girl of those toys, cause she'll just play with them at a friends house.

Ohh, and you should probably watch how she plays with them. barbie can get pretty dirty >.<

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff