Welcome to Gaia! ::

going to college?

yes 0.58620689655172 58.6% [ 17 ]
no 0.13793103448276 13.8% [ 4 ]
already there 0.20689655172414 20.7% [ 6 ]
gave up on that long ago 0.068965517241379 6.9% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 29 ]
1 2 3 >

Okay so I took a survey at my school today to see what sort of college I could possibly get into. At the very bottom of the page it had a box where you were to check "caucasian","african-american","native-american","mexican-american", etc... And then it said "Colleges may give scholarships based on ethnic background."

I thought people got scholarships because they were smart, or if they excelled in something higher than what normal people might.

Why should I get a scholarship because I'm white, black, mexican, or native american?

Discuss:
1.) Reasons colleges might give out scholarships based on your color.
2.) What ethnic background most scholarships are given to
3.) Do you agree with it?
4.) If you are in college, did you get a scholarship based on your ethnicity?
5.) If you plan on going to college, do you also plan on requesting a scholarship for your ethnicity?

(sorry if i might have spelled ethnicity wrong... i'm a dunce)
ask the colleges.
not us.
Statistical demographics, nothing more, nothing less.
Double standard.
Why Are There Colleges Based On Religion?
It's an attempt to compensate for slavery and racism.
Madd Maestro

because if you want to get a degree on that specific subject
like theology... you would go to a catholic school to get a degree in theology

you wouldnt go to an all white college to get a degree in being white now would you?
it's not about color, it's about your cultural background.

They give it in pride that you're ******** good in your studies and not only that you're an indian and I'm an indian how about we commend you for representing our race, so we give you this money.

It's not like they tax people to get it; the people who support / are in the committee raise the funds to reward it. it's like whining that everyone but I get birthday presents and I don't yet I have a birthday too. :EMO:

Maybe people can have a scholarship for being obscure white like russian or romanian, but if you're a mix breed you have no cultural background, watever hotdog eaterrrrrr. talk2hand Or maybe rednecks are too selfish to give out scholarships.

Personally, I support it and wouldn't mind if I get a scholarship. xDDD
I'm just here for gold ninja
Jew Schools
herr_doktor.exe
it's not about color, it's about your cultural background.

They give it in pride that you're ******** good in your studies and not only that you're an indian and I'm an indian how about we commend you for representing our race, so we give you this money.

It's not like they tax people to get it; the people who support / are in the committee raise the funds to reward it. it's like whining that everyone but I get birthday presents and I don't yet I have a birthday too. :EMO:

Maybe you can can have a scholarship for being obscure white like russian or romanian, but if you're a mix breed you have no cultural background, watever hotdog eaterrrrrr. talk2hand Or maybe rednecks are too selfish to give out scholarships.

well... i wasn't saying anything about any specific race... i was just saying in general...
like...yeah...
Malcem eX
Jew Schools

yeah... well jews would go to jew school because they have to learn thier religion right?

Liberal Sex Symbol

Madd Maestro

Because religious organizations fund them?

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,100 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I always thought the owner was racist or something against the ppl it didn't accept xd
Inscriven
Madd Maestro

Because religious organizations fund them?

exactly

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces