Welcome to Gaia! ::

Della_M
Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo

Cruel and unusual punishment. I would vote against the penitentiary.

I believe they have to decide on how they died and whether or not the Jail was at fault. Like was it suicide, homicide, accidental or natural causes

The jail probably didn't kill him, but they need to update their facilities to keep up with health regulations, and to provide medical service as needed. It's pretty open-shut to me.

But they can be held at fault right? The head nurse also stated the privacy act prevented them from sharing information with the Correctional Guards...

Yes, where was his wheelchair? Or at least crutches. And where was the nurse to administer insulin. And you can't discuss the patient's health with the guards, unless the patient is at risk. If the nurses knew and didn't do anything I would chalk up malpractice to the fiasco too.

It was outside his cell, it didn't fit into the cell. They weren't allowed to have crutches, those were considered as 'weapons'. Well the man they say his sugar lvls were constantly going up and down. They say the day before he died it was 23 in the morning, and was down to 10.1 by the time the nurses went off duty, and that was considered "normal". He complained the night he died of low sugar lvls and they gave him juice and oranges. They said he was shaking bad.

They said it was 3.1 when they checked it after 7am the next day when they found him laying out cold with no vitals, but the paramedics said that when they arrived, the man could have been dead for 30mins to 2 hours before.

Whats your take on this?

Quotable Genius

Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo

The jail probably didn't kill him, but they need to update their facilities to keep up with health regulations, and to provide medical service as needed. It's pretty open-shut to me.

But they can be held at fault right? The head nurse also stated the privacy act prevented them from sharing information with the Correctional Guards...

Yes, where was his wheelchair? Or at least crutches. And where was the nurse to administer insulin. And you can't discuss the patient's health with the guards, unless the patient is at risk. If the nurses knew and didn't do anything I would chalk up malpractice to the fiasco too.

It was outside his cell, it didn't fit into the cell. They weren't allowed to have crutches, those were considered as 'weapons'. Well the man they say his sugar lvls were constantly going up and down. They say the day before he died it was 23 in the morning, and was down to 10.1 by the time the nurses went off duty, and that was considered "normal". He complained the night he died of low sugar lvls and they gave him juice and oranges. They said he was shaking bad.

They said it was 3.1 when they checked it after 7am the next day when they found him laying out cold with no vitals, but the paramedics said that when they arrived, the man could have been dead for 30mins to 2 hours before.

Whats your take on this?

I believe the man's constitutional rights were violated, the family deserves a formal apology and the Jail should be have a lawsuit filed against it.
Della_M
Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo

Whats your take on this?

I believe the man's constitutional rights were violated, the family deserves a formal apology and the Jail should be have a lawsuit filed against it.

I thin the evidence is pretty conclusive on it. Do you think they'll get it?

Quotable Genius

Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo

Whats your take on this?

I hope they do, they seem very hurt by it. I was able to talk to one of them, they told me that their family lost 3 people in the last 2 years.
Della_M
Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo

Whats your take on this?

I hope they do, they seem very hurt by it. I was able to talk to one of them, they told me that their family lost 3 people in the last 2 years.

Bummer. My heart goes out to them. Unless they criminals, in which case I would just love em more.

Quotable Genius

Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo

Whats your take on this?

Bummer. My heart goes out to them. Unless they criminals, in which case I would just love em more.

yeah.... but no, ones a student and the others are mothers. Also the man's brother was there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games