Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Genius

Okay, so what would you do if someone in your family passed away while in Jail? And it was due to complications to a condition that was well known by many of the guards? They didn't keep an eye on the person well enough and they were under-trained, and there was no medical staff on night shifts? What would you recommend happen to the Jail? How would you expect the public to react to this? What are some of the things you'd say at an Inquest?
Depends on my opinion of the family member.

Quotable Genius

Dromomaniac

What do you mean?
Unethical treatment in jail happens when you've got overpopulation on most prison systems in the country.

A lawsuit would be a move, not a say. So I would just go and get real ******** and then have a nice rant about the government.
Della_M
Dromomaniac

What do you mean?

Well, one of my family members is constantly in and out of jail. He is a drug addict, an abusive husband and father, a racist prone to violent hate crimes, and a thief. I think the world would be better without him.

Quotable Genius

Dromomaniac
Della_M
Dromomaniac

What do you mean?

Well, one of my family members is constantly in and out of jail. He is a drug addict, an abusive husband and father, a racist prone to violent hate crimes, and a thief. I think the world would be better without him.

ah, but say it wasn't like that.

Quotable Genius

Sheedo
Unethical treatment in jail happens when you've got overpopulation on most prison systems in the country.

A lawsuit would be a move, not a say. So I would just go and get real ******** and then have a nice rant about the government.

Okay so here's the story; there is this Aboriginal Family in Canada, that had one of their family members pass away in the Jail, he was in and out for about 6-10 years on fraud and missed court dates. The Jail is 87 years old and wasn't equipped for wheelchair access, so the man (who had his right leg and left toes amputated, suffered seizures and had type one diabetes) was pretty much crawling on the floors and wasn't allowed visitors. There was no night nurses, and the guards didn't have access the machines that test blood sugar levels.
Della_M
Sheedo

Okay so here's the story; there is this Aboriginal Family in Canada, that had one of their family members pass away in the Jail, he was in and out for about 6-10 years on fraud and missed court dates. The Jail is 87 years old and wasn't equipped for wheelchair access, so the man (who had his right leg and left toes amputated, suffered seizures and had type one diabetes) was pretty much crawling on the floors and wasn't allowed visitors. There was no night nurses, and the guards didn't have access the machines that test blood sugar levels.

That's so illegal and ********...

Quotable Genius

Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo

That's so illegal and ********]
how would you judge that if you were on the Jury? Their Inquest ends tomorrow, I've been following it.
Della_M
Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo

how would you judge that if you were on the Jury? Their Inquest ends tomorrow, I've been following it.

Cruel and unusual punishment. I would vote against the penitentiary.

Quotable Genius

Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo

I believe they have to decide on how they died and whether or not the Jail was at fault. Like was it suicide, homicide, accidental or natural causes
Della_M
Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo

I believe they have to decide on how they died and whether or not the Jail was at fault. Like was it suicide, homicide, accidental or natural causes

The jail probably didn't kill him, but they need to update their facilities to keep up with health regulations, and to provide medical service as needed. It's pretty open-shut to me.

Quotable Genius

Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo

The jail probably didn't kill him, but they need to update their facilities to keep up with health regulations, and to provide medical service as needed. It's pretty open-shut to me.

But they can be held at fault right? The head nurse also stated the privacy act prevented them from sharing information with the Correctional Guards...
Della_M
Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo

But they can be held at fault right? The head nurse also stated the privacy act prevented them from sharing information with the Correctional Guards...

Yes, where was his wheelchair? Or at least crutches. And where was the nurse to administer insulin. And you can't discuss the patient's health with the guards, unless the patient is at risk. If the nurses knew and didn't do anything I would chalk up malpractice to the fiasco too.

Quotable Genius

Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo
Della_M
Sheedo

Yes, where was his wheelchair? Or at least crutches. And where was the nurse to administer insulin. And you can't discuss the patient's health with the guards, unless the patient is at risk. If the nurses knew and didn't do anything I would chalk up malpractice to the fiasco too.

It was outside his cell, it didn't fit into the cell. They weren't allowed to have crutches, those were considered as 'weapons'. Well the man they say his sugar lvls were constantly going up and down. They say the day before he died it was 23 in the morning, and was down to 10.1 by the time the nurses went off duty, and that was considered "normal". He complained the night he died of low sugar lvls and they gave him juice and oranges. They said he was shaking bad.

They said it was 3.1 when they checked it after 7am the next day when they found him laying out cold with no vitals, but the paramedics said that when they arrived, the man could have been dead for 30mins to 2 hours before.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games