Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Canine

However, when someone I know openly admits these thoughts to me, to some extent I try to be fair to them. But in the end I always end up crying like a baby imagining them not in this world anymore.
Musical Note
Jeetlebuice
it makes me feel sad tbh
we all know what its like to feel lower than low and to think someone felt beyond that and felt that dying was the only way to make it stop makes me feel really bad sad
if someone is suicidal idk what to do but i wanna help yknow? id just do my best to make them feel better and let them know they matter to me a lot
Straight up Jeetlebuice, I feel the same way. Your ability to empathize is lovely to read!

I wish I knew how to help people...but sometimes it's like...how can i even help myself?

lol glad you can agree 4laugh but yeah yknow you don't want them to feel guilty/selfish for feeling that way but you can't just be like 'idk man life sucks'
now that i think about it when i was like 17 my friend and i were chilling in my car and he was crying and telling me he thought about suicide and i started crying too just because i could tell he was in so much pain and i could relate idk
there's really nothing you can do bc people will only change their minds and believe what they want. i basically just told him i knew exactly how he felt and that he really meant a lot to me and that i hoped he'd stick around bc he impacted my life and we always have fun and stuff

he's still here so hopefully i helped a little or he at least realized he could make it yknow?

Tipsy Fairy

I got to the point that I was drowning myself in the bathroom sink, this was in 2009. Early this year, late last year I had plans (jumping into traffic, jumping off the train platform, OD). I guess I've come close, middle last year I was drinking poisons and taking ODs.

When someone tells me they are suicidal I feel so much empathy and want to help them but I don't know how.

Mega Noob

3,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
I am terrified of death so maybe you could say I'm the opposite of suicidal idk

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

16,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
how close have you actually come to committing?
- Very close, but I puss out every time. The only time I've come close to actually dying was an accident. The irony is it was my preferred method of death.

how do you react,or do you react when you hear someone claiming to be suicidal?
- I don't dismiss it like most people do automatically. I tell them that even if we aren't close, I am willing to listen to them and be there for them in their time of need. Any negative response towards someone looking for help is the worst.

what lies after death, iyo.
- Honestly I don't claim to know. I'd like to think that our energy is recycled and used anew in different ways. I'm not sure if I believe in a soul or not. I'm not sure where the soul would go. I don't believe in an omnipotent higher power. Maybe we go to another dimension.

can suicide be a form of freedom?
- absolutely 100% yes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas