Distinct Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Full closet 200
Artelynn
Chimamire no Shi
Artelynn
Look, we all need something to believe in, someplace or group that makes us feel like we bleong. Ultilmately we, as humans are searching for love, belonging, and something to believe in. For me this is Where God comes in. He gives me everything because, He is good and fiathful to meet all our needs and even sometimes our desires as well. God and my faith has given all of my most basic needs. heart forever and always. What do you mister made this post thing and why?

I used to be a devout Christian, I used to follow the "Word of God"... It never really made sense to me. No religion or belief in a higher diety makes sense to me. And to tell the truth, ever since I renounced my religious faith, I've been happier.

I'm glad to hear that! Sometimes we just need to see the scars to feel the proof.
"God has already written every page of your life in His book. Don't get stuck on a page".
Have you ever heard the poem Foot prints? Its a good one. It really helps me to
Remember the love of God even when I don't feel it.

I dont think you understand. To renounce is to give up, relinquish.

Distinct Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Full closet 200
JesterXIII v2
Nothing right now. Just had mine disproved a few days ago.
Disproved?
Chimamire no Shi
JesterXIII v2
Disproved?
Yup. I believed in something that was an NP-complete problem. By Godel's incompleteness theorem, it could never be proven both consistent and complete, either one or the other. That did not sit with me in that frame of belief, so I knew I was nothing but wrong.

Distinct Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Full closet 200
JesterXIII v2
Chimamire no Shi
JesterXIII v2
Disproved?
Yup. I believed in something that was an NP-complete problem. By Godel's incompleteness theorem, it could never be proven both consistent and complete, either one or the other. That did not sit with me in that frame of belief, so I knew I was nothing but wrong.

I see said the blind man to the deaf man.

Dedicated Paladin

9,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Battle: Knight 100
I admire the Norse Pantheon.

Why? Because I prefer their tales and are possibly the only Pantheon that has legends about how it will all end with a bold, mighty HAIL! A whole pantheon of war gods (with some specialized deities like Lofn ,the goddess of forbidden love and Loki, God of Fire, Trickery and Shapeshifting).
atheist because i don't think there's a god simple as that
i follow Christianity because i truly feel that god does exist. it's really just as simple as that. I want the hope that there is an afterlife so that death isn't the final end.

Entire family is made of fundamentalist baptists.
        Used to be a christian, albeit a christian that worked very hard to incorporate science into the bible

then I woke up one day and realized I didn't really believe in god and that was the end of that.

Distinct Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Full closet 200
naked as otters

Entire family is made of fundamentalist baptists.
        Used to be a christian, albeit a christian that worked very hard to incorporate science into the bible

then I woke up one day and realized I didn't really believe in god and that was the end of that.

That's essentially what I'm saying.

Friendly Grabber

i used to believe in the emperor, then i fought casca. Sometime after jesus called me a son of a b***h and shot me, he almost killed me. I have great respect for jesus, so i am now christian.

Bashful Gaian

I believe that god does not exist much like I believe that fairies and santa claus don't exist. For the Abrahamic god it's simple, evil exists and god is supposed to be all good. I don't think god is really necessary for any sort of explanatory role, I mean even god is subject to the laws of logic which exist independently of him. There are other reasons too, but I don't wanna make things complicated.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff