Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Battle Cry Movement

Necessary and the future of morality 0.066666666666667 6.7% [ 1 ]
Harmless posturing isolated within a belief 0.4 40.0% [ 6 ]
A dangerous idea on a slippery slope 0.53333333333333 53.3% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 15 ]

It may seem like I have a bug in my a** about this movement (and I do), but I can't help but discuss it whenever they send me another e-mail.

Hi, I'm Psy Peterson, and the people I'm refering to are the folks behind BattleCry.com. For those who don't know, you can find out more about them at that link I just posted or here:http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/06/us/06evangelical.html?_r=1&oref=slogin. I didn't name the link because I figured people wouldn't click it unless they were sure it wasn't tubgirl.

Now, my main argument has always been this movement is, at it's heart, propagandist. The leaders bombard impressionable teenagers with scripture and a new form of peer pressure hoping to bolster the numbers in the Evangical Christian faith. However; on the other side of the coin, Evangical Christian teens who once felt alone in their little bubble of faith-based morals and principals now have a larger social entity to latch onto.

Benefits aside, one can't help but wonder where this movement is prepared to stop. Will it end when there is no "%4 danger" (read the article and you'll understand what I mean by that) left? Or will the end come when they have successfully recruited every teenager in North America? Perposterous as that may seem, it wouldn't be the first time a particular group has had a population eating out of their hand and believing everything they tell it.

So what say you, GD?
Christianity = Fail
Absolute Morals = Fail
Preaching = Fail

I say stop posting your religious views because they are extremely annoying and outright wrong.
GhostEmperor
Christianity = Fail
Absolute Morals = Fail
Preaching = Fail

I say stop posting your religious views because they are extremely annoying and outright wrong.

Was that aimed at me? Did you even read what I posted?
Nothing at all? I figured I'd spark at least a few people's attention.
That's terrible. What ever happened to teaching about love, acceptance, and just being an all-round good person? Seems like crazy fundamentalists have done nothing but kill the whole thing. Now they're just taking a dead puppy behind a shed to put 30 more bullets into it.
that sucks... 'nuff said.
GhostEmperor
Christianity = Fail
Absolute Morals = Fail
Preaching = Fail

not you again mad
GhostEmperor
Christianity = Fail
Absolute Morals = Fail
Preaching = Fail

Today's weather reports say: Partly stupid with a high chance of short attention span.
What are they trying to do? O_o
[Lavendra]
That's terrible. What ever happened to teaching about love, acceptance, and just being an all-round good person? Seems like crazy fundamentalists have done nothing but kill the whole thing. Now they're just taking a dead puppy behind a shed to put 30 more bullets into it.

The only thing I can say is: at least they're being subtle about it. But when it comes right down to it subtlety is more dangerous than the alternative.
I've always said it's all good when these pastors and Evangical Christian leaders want to stregnthen the beliefs of these teens that already believe this stuff. However; the recruitment programs, the high-and-mighty attitude toward non-christians, and the complete condemnation of media and pop-culture leads me to believe that this is just another propaganda campaign aimed at pressuring teens into a straight-edged lifestyle.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff