Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well, the Beeb admits what Andy Rooney admits!

It was the day that a host of BBC executives and star presenters admitted what critics have been telling them for years: the BBC is dominated by trendy, Left-leaning liberals who are biased against Christianity and in favour of multiculturalism.

A leaked account of an 'impartiality summit' called by BBC chairman Michael Grade, is certain to lead to a new row about the BBC and its reporting on key issues, especially concerning Muslims and the war on terror.

It reveals that executives would let the Bible be thrown into a dustbin on a TV comedy show, but not the Koran, and that they would broadcast an interview with Osama Bin Laden if given the opportunity. Further, it discloses that the BBC's 'diversity tsar', wants Muslim women newsreaders to be allowed to wear veils when on air.

BBC Admit Bias
The Daily Mail is a ******** right-wing tabloid. The most right-wing in Britain. They supported Hitler and Mussolini. I hardly call it a credible source.
Wonderful. Maybe Fox can admit it too, now.

By the way, the only biased thing here is the Bible VS Koran thing.
I don't see how allowing some women to practice their religion or interviewing a well-known international figure is being biased.
MyxineDamion
I don't see how allowing some women to practice their religion or interviewing a well-known international figure is being biased.

Oh you didn't know? The apparel of your reporters determines the bias of your reporting. Also, even considering offering an interview to the insidious enemies of the US makes the reporting biased. Even mentioning his name in a manner that is not clearly negative is terribly biased.
My, My, My some of you are very bitchy tonight! Go get laid you'll feel better! biggrin

PS Your biasses are showing! blaugh

Canicuss's Husband

Excitable Gaian

12,500 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
Quote:
At the secret meeting in London last month, which was hosted by veteran broadcaster Sue Lawley, BBC executives admitted the corporation is dominated by homosexuals and people from ethnic minorities, deliberately promotes multiculturalism, is anti-American, anti-countryside and more sensitive to the feelings of Muslims than Christians.

The BBC is watching you and your kids; while they shower D: .

The most clear example of bias I have found in the BBC is on their articles about the middle east conflict between Israel and Palestine, where their words could have a certain underlying animosity towards Israel's actions. Other than that, the site's pretty fine yet still capable of eventually goofing out as it is the case of every other news source.

Then again, considering who has authored the OP article , the accusations in it should be taken with a mountain-sized grain of salt.

Interesting attempt at doing whatever it is that you were trying, I guess.
Hang on a second... How is mentioning Osama Bin Laden's name in anything other than a negative way biased? Surely refusing to look at the issue in more than one way is more biased?

I very much doubt that they BBC are looking to interview Bin Laden in a sympathetic manner - hence their wish for an interview is not biased, it's a sign that they want to report acurately!

And what's wrong with favouring multiculturalism over Christianity? Britian IS multicultural, Christians are in the minority. Therefore favouring Christians would be biased - multiculturalism, which takes into account all of British society is much more unbiased.

It's ridiculous to sugest that the BBC is biased because it doesn't favour one white, Christian culture!
Kurd Jam

They must be doing something correct. The wiki link you left says the DM is the 2nd most popular paper in the UK. And they have a lot of papers in the UK.
OrdiMom
Kurd Jam

They must be doing something correct. The wiki link you left says the DM is the 2nd most popular paper in the UK. And they have a lot of papers in the UK.

The National Inquirer is a very popular paper in the United States. I wouldn't exactly believe everything they wrote. Popularity =/= Veracity.
Hattie-chan
Hang on a second... How is mentioning Osama Bin Laden's name in anything other than a negative way biased? Surely refusing to look at the issue in more than one way is more biased?

I'm certain Joe was joking, here.

Quote:

It's ridiculous to sugest that the BBC is biased because it doesn't favour one white, Christian culture!

Indeed. But those kind of suggestions seem to appeal to the DailyMail's public, and since it's apparently popular, it's really ******** sad.

Jade Phoenix
Popularity =/= Veracity.

Can't stress this one enough.
"Well nearly all of Germany supports the Nazi Party, they must be doing something right!"

Canicuss's Husband

Excitable Gaian

12,500 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
OrdiMom
Kurd Jam

OrdiMom

There must be something incorrect with your mouse wheel. Trying scrolling it down to read the rest of that entry. You know, the part where it explains the characteristics of the Daily Mail and so on.

Give it a try.
MyxineDamion, Jade Phoenix and Kurd Jam

Sorry I forgot to put the LOL at the end of my first sentence. I was trying to be jocular. Sorry I missed.

Can't stress this one enough. Not all members of the Nazi party supported the party goals or it's philosophies. Yes, some did but some did not. A great many were forced to join the party through force or coercion. Did they think the party was doing something right? No, they were attempting to save their own lives or the lives of their children.
OrdiMom

Can't stress this one enough. Not all members of the Nazi party supported the party goals or it's philosophies. Yes, some did but some did not. A great many were forced to join the party through force or coercion. Did they think the party was doing something right? No, they were attempting to save their own lives or the lives of their children.

My analogy still stands.

Also, you're underestimating the power of brainwashing and propaganda.
Kelrothu
The Daily Mail is a ******** right-wing tabloid. The most right-wing in Britain. They supported Hitler and Mussolini. I hardly call it a credible source.
and the AJC covered the atlanta race riots with headlines like "NEGROES GO ON RAMPAGE, RAPE WHITE WOMEN" that of course means they are bigots right?

why are the right wing?

*edit*

my point is you shouldnt base a publications current worth on what it use to be alligned with...........also upon reading this site it does look to me like this paper is s**t, i mean its all about ******** celeberties, no real news if ya ask me and i could care less, it could be credible but i am noit going to waste any more effort on garbage like that or any other thing of that nature
Isn't Britian controlled by a more conseritave initiative? The working class party, yeah yeah; But I could've sworn I saw a topic calling for muslim women to stop wearing that clothing of theirs. Thats pretty conservative in view.

So the country is run by traditionalists, but the news station is Liberal? Sounds kind of like America.

But then, that would be the case, if this was all real and truthful, as Kurd Jam stated.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff