Welcome to Gaia! ::

US vs. China vs Japan Who will be the world leader in 20 yrs?

China 0.23529411764706 23.5% [ 60 ]
US 0.27058823529412 27.1% [ 69 ]
Japan 0.29411764705882 29.4% [ 75 ]
Other, (and not just because you are from another country) 0.2 20.0% [ 51 ]
Total Votes:[ 255 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Barsona
who the ******** voted Japan on this SIMPLE poll! The answer is China, DUH!
I'm not srue...we over-estimate China. Like Japan in World War II.
It doesn't matter who the economic powerhouse would be. The simple matter is the USA has more weapons, more nukes. Virtually any war we get in, we have no excuse to lose. Seeing that we have anough missles to blow up the world 6 times or something, if it were a fight for world domination, we would win.
Blood_Tsunami
Personally, I'd have to say Japan...the USA's government isn't totally stable, support wise; China....I don't know anything about China, but I don't think they have much going for them other than sheer numbers and economical strength. So, Japan, because I can't think of any reason they wouldn't.
Besides theere reliance on America and completel lack of a Military and refusal for Atomic Weapons?

If you don't want to be intelligent in your because you don't know jack s**t about some of the countries and seem to refuse to research them then don't say anything.
Koo1aid
It doesn't matter who the economic powerhouse would be. The simple matter is the USA has more weapons, more nukes. Virtually any war we get in, we have no excuse to lose. Seeing that we have anough missles to blow up the world 6 times or something, if it were a fight for world domination, we would win.

You see, world domination isn't worth much is everbody was killed by the massive amount of nuclear weapons and the earth in uninhabitable. The thread is about who can be the world leader not who has the best weapons capabilities.
Charisma
Koo1aid

You see, world domination isn't worth much is everbody was killed by the massive amount of nuclear weapons and the earth in uninhabitable. The thread is about who can be the world leader not who has the best weapons capabilities.

You have the weapons, you own the world. The Soviets knew it, the American's know it and that's why we spend the most on the military. I view it if you can make an a large enough army and keep you economy in check you have it all.
VictorStone
Charisma
Koo1aid

You have the weapons, you own the world. The Soviets knew it, the American's know it and that's why we spend the most on the military. I view it if you can make an a large enough army and keep you economy in check you have it all.

You sorta missed my point; I agree that you have to have both, but what I was saying was that it's not solely about weapons; military strength is easy to pool between countries(incase of war), but money is not, so money is more important, besides you need money first to buy weapons.
when the US and China eventually start a war, they'll have a long bloody stalemate that will only weaken the countries. after that, the (hopefully) European Union will be the world leader.
RyukotsuseiTsukiyomi
when the US and China eventually start a war, they'll have a long bloody stalemate that will only weaken the countries. after that, the (hopefully) European Union will be the world leader.

Where did you pull this s**t from?

If America and China got into a war, China would wipe the floor with the US. All they have to do is crash our economy, and we're out. Even if we survived the recession with a decent military, they have about 20 troops for every 1 of ours.

Now, before you say something about the US using nuclear weapons, it isn't happening. MAD eliminated the threat of nuclear weapons between two superpowers.

And the EU stuff ruling the world? s**t. There won't be a Hegemony any time soon.
CorruptedMantis
RyukotsuseiTsukiyomi

If America and China got into a war, China would wipe the floor with the US. All they have to do is crash our economy, and we're out. Even if we survived the recession with a decent military, they have about 20 troops for every 1 of ours.

Now, before you say something about the US using nuclear weapons, it isn't happening. MAD eliminated the threat of nuclear weapons between two superpowers.
What about the fact China relies on our economy too? Both economies are ******** should they fight each other, which is why I think China will fail internally.
M-mann
CorruptedMantis
RyukotsuseiTsukiyomi

What about the fact CHina relies on our economy too? Both economies are ******** should they fight each other, which is why I think Chian will fail internally.

China doesn't need s**t from our economy. There are economic analysts who agree with me. If China wanted to, they could sell all of their stock, and flood the market. You realize that we're buying things from China with the money that they lent us, right?
CorruptedMantis
M-mann
CorruptedMantis
RyukotsuseiTsukiyomi

What about the fact CHina relies on our economy too? Both economies are ******** should they fight each other, which is why I think Chian will fail internally.

China doesn't need s**t from our economy. There are economic analysts who agree with me. If China wanted to, they could sell all of their stock, and flood the market. You realize that we're buying things from China with the money that they lent us, right?
You realize the majority of their business comes from our companies right?

And if we called for money from those we loaned money out to we would be able to repay China and then some.
M-mann
CorruptedMantis
M-mann
CorruptedMantis
RyukotsuseiTsukiyomi

You realize the majority of their business comes from our companies right?

And if we called for money from those we loaned money out to we would be able to repay China and then some.

Give me the numbers and I'll believe you. Until then, I'll stick with what market experts and hardcore economists have been saying.

Desirable Partier

cloud_1988
I Often wonder which country is going to be the economic superpower in the next 20 years. Will it be China, The US, or Japan? Looking at all of their economies, Japan is the most frail, and most reliant on one industry (electronics/auto), China is still learning how to produce complex goods, but its standards of living are so low I fear that a sharp rise in Economy will bring a lot of anger from the public as to why their pay/ standard of living is so low. the US has branched out many of its low level jobs (not good for the little man) and is becoming more and more reliant on a college education which really isn't educating anyone, and if that were not bad enough our economy is almost completely based on tertiary consumption (we don't really produce anything, all we do is service).

So in 20 years who will be the next world leader?

Could it be...cough... THE NETHERLANDS... cough.
not Japan...its 2 small
China you dumb a**
China will forever suck, Japan doesnt hold enough authority, and America already rules the world. In the end, it'll be Russia.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff