Welcome to Gaia! ::

The more we progress in society the more "shocking" as a society we become. 50 years ago saying or even believing in the stuff that is openly expressed these days would have gotten an individual arrested.

This brings me to my main point. Forum trolls have to keep up with a society that is constantly changing and growing imunities to the comments some trolls make. For example, 4 years ago if you went to a forum and said "women shouldn't vote" people would have been out raged. You most likley would have been banned within the hour of making the post. Nowadays when a troll makes the same post even the women poke fun at the obserd idea.

New age forum trolls have to be on the cutting edge to get a certain response of out the general public. But how far is too far?

I was reading this forum and i saw some loser post pictures of trapped animals. Sure he got a bunch of responses out of you sheep but at what price? Who in their right mind stays up into the late hours of the night just to post pictures of animals suffering.

There are also trolls such as myself, I consider myself to be SOME-WHAT original, sure I disguised a picture of my girlfriend as meatspin.com but who did that really hurt? Maybe a parent or two had to explain to their children what that really was but I saved alot of time down the road. New age trolls have to be one step ahead of the public but know their own limits, and that is why we should honor the commitment, dedication, and originality they have and bring to these forums.

Also Cocks.
No, I don't think gaia trolls are that up to date with society.
Rather, up to date with the GD and its topics. I think anyone with half a brain could keep up with that.

I'd rather not appreciate attention whores.
If you want to create a rise out of people, mess with their mind more. The game trolls play is kind of like a condensed version of the devils advocate.
Black Sharpie
Rather, up to date with the GD and its topics. I think anyone with half a brain could keep up with that.

If you want to create a rise out of people, mess with their mind more. The game trolls play is kind of like a condensed version of the devils advocate.

Well said, but trolls are not the only attention whores on this website by far. Look at any thread with 50+ posts. There are always people who try to say something funny and fail miserably. Also look at signatures. I have no idea how many pictures I've seen of 15 year old girls saying "LoL I <3 random PMZZ drop me a line n some gold plzzz LoL."

Also, I'm sure that 1/2 of peoples "gold" on this websites comes from posting stupid comments on troll threads.
I read the first line.
I lol'd @ "Also cocks."
I didn't read the rest.
the_town_NlGGER
Black Sharpie

Well said, but trolls are not the only attention whores on this website by far. Look at any thread with 50+ posts. There are always people who try to say something funny and fail miserably. Also look at signatures. I have no idea how many pictures I've seen of 15 year old girls saying "LoL I <3 random PMZZ drop me a line n some gold plzzz LoL."

Also, I'm sure that 1/2 of peoples "gold" on this websites comes from posting stupid comments on troll threads.

Of course not. But your thread was about trolls, so that's where I took my response.

Yeh. :/
Society doesn't become imune to this kind of s**t because they like to but because they see it too often and therefore because of the idiots who post it.
In other words: trolls are the reason trolls need to post worse stuff every time to shock anybody.

Shirtless Friend

9,175 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Well, I don't see trolling that much of a job.

Iconoclasm.

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

Most of the trolling I see is rather lame. I have seen original trolls but they are few and far between. Once a friend of mine posted what seemed to ba a troll thread but was actually his opinion about the hurricane Katrina survivers. He was flamed to hell and back but not reported because he was posting with his convictions.
The20
Society doesn't become imune to this kind of s**t because they like to but because they see it too often and therefore because of the idiots who post it.
In other words: trolls are the reason trolls need to post worse stuff every time to shock anybody.

No it is horrible trolls that make it bad for the rest of us. Trolling is heavily based on execution. For example guy drink and drvie guy posted a thread on how women shouldnt vote. He also purposley mispelled women "Wimmen" and you people ate it up. After the thread was made it was 5 pages of gold.

Now look if some retard tried to make the same post but instead of a hilarious story, he said "LOL WOMEN SHOULDNT VOTE" it would have gotten 4-5 replies only because people want the gold.

There is a clear differece between forum trolls.

Bibliophile

Trolling is not hard, nor must you be up to date. People will get mad if you throw some untasteful joke out there no matter what. Saying otherwise is some petty form of self-glorification.
yawn stare

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces