Ever been near a tornado?

o___O YES! 0.36111111111111 36.1% [ 26 ]
Almost escaped death 0.013888888888889 1.4% [ 1 ]
no! 0.44444444444444 44.4% [ 32 ]
...gold 0.18055555555556 18.1% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 72 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Cynical Showtime
I almost got hit by the only F6 tornado ever recorded back in 1999. That thing went clear from Oklahoma City to Tulsa, just stopped on the other side of the Arkansas River, which is only a couple miles from where I lived at the time.

confused

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/oun/storms/19990503/may3faqs.php
[ resurrection ]
yay for midwest weather! I'm from Kansas, so they aren't really new, but exciting none-the-less! my sister is studying meteorology down at OU and so shes taught me a lot of stuff about them. tornado warnings are plentiful around here (a week or so ago, there were at least watches every night, and occasional warnings around our county).

i've spent many of my birthdays down in the basement because of those damn tornados though... my 15th, i do believe, i had taco bell for my b-day dinner instead of the supposed red lobster, because the system was stalled about 20 minutes away from us. a year after that was the same thing, minus the food. good thing we have a furnished basement!

anyway, i love the storms out here. i'm originally from Ohio... out here the lightning is much brighter and the thunder is amazing. =)
atleast you can't say you havn't had a boring birthday!
I'm sure in some way it was fun.
I hope no one got hurt!
[ resurrection ]
Cynical Showtime
I almost got hit by the only F6 tornado ever recorded back in 1999. That thing went clear from Oklahoma City to Tulsa, just stopped on the other side of the Arkansas River, which is only a couple miles from where I lived at the time.

confused

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/oun/storms/19990503/may3faqs.php

lol owned.
Lady Redskies
So basically where I live, (fairfeild county, CT)
There is a tornado watch.
My friend just saw one starting and raced here.

Normally, we don't get many tornado's or even the slightest bit of hurricanes for that matter.
The most we've ever gotten was flooding and thats it.
I'm extrememly excited cause finally my awful town (probably the most preppiest of town in CT) will be getting what they deserve.
YAY

anyway, here's the discussion:
-tornado's
-expeirencesbeing in a tornado or around one
-how much you hate where you live
-the end of the world.

Rain,Rain
Go Away
Come Again
Another Day

User Image
LoL@Hoax

There was no friggin tornado.
=/

I'm so pissed too.
[I live in RI]

All we got was rain down here.

I wanted thunder and lightning!

>=0

What a rip off!

All The World
Is Waiting For
The Sun
And....

I got one of those too, but you don't need to make a thread about it. Go live in Kansas.
Lady Redskies
[ resurrection ]
yay for midwest weather! I'm from Kansas, so they aren't really new, but exciting none-the-less! my sister is studying meteorology down at OU and so shes taught me a lot of stuff about them. tornado warnings are plentiful around here (a week or so ago, there were at least watches every night, and occasional warnings around our county).

i've spent many of my birthdays down in the basement because of those damn tornados though... my 15th, i do believe, i had taco bell for my b-day dinner instead of the supposed red lobster, because the system was stalled about 20 minutes away from us. a year after that was the same thing, minus the food. good thing we have a furnished basement!

anyway, i love the storms out here. i'm originally from Ohio... out here the lightning is much brighter and the thunder is amazing. =)
atleast you can't say you havn't had a boring birthday!
I'm sure in some way it was fun.
I hope no one got hurt!

the only problem is that it WAS boring... nothing happened! lol. nah, i don't think anything actually came from that storm... it just well... lurked, for lack of better terms.

lol, my mom should have been warned when the day after she had me there was a tornado warning!! and that was in Ohio at the time!!
i live in New Brtian so i got bad weather but no tornado emo but me & mah friend where getting on the bus when then drizzle started by the time i got off i sprinted down half the street and was soaked. it was cool because i couldn't see sh!t and thunder and lightning was all around me and off in the distance i could hear warning sirens. it was surreal
Tornado warnings scare me when I'm away from home and therefore unable to protect my birds, but... I'm fine and not scared as long as I know they're safe (I worry a lot more about them than about myself).
I was around 3 tornadoes at once! One was 7 miles away from me, one was 5 miles away, and the other formed right above the house I was in!

Tipsy Fatcat

9,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
User ImageYondaime...

I live near Greensburg...DX

We get a lot of tornados...

...Is Love <3User Image
Drowning Tragedy
Sucks.
I've never experienced a tornado. I want too.

omg.
same here.
gonk
Tornadoes hate me!
I live in Kansas. Tornado alley. That Greensburg tornado a couple of weeks ago was a really big deal. Me and a bunch of friends did community service there.

P.S: fun fact: they have the worlds largest hand-dug well. biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces