Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mephostophiles
Sigmund Freud did enough cocaine to kill a horse. Edgar Allen Poe, hallicunigens. Some of the best musicians and singers on the planet have heavy drug addictions. Drugs don't necessarily control your personality or life. That's an absolutist point of view that I'd expect from an unedcuated right-wing conservative.

Who's to say they couldn't have been better off without the drugs?

It's apparent that Edgar Allen Poe and many musicians would've lived much longer if it weren't for what they did to themselves with drugs.
I haven't.

I'm never doing drugs, but I'm not about to tell someone else what they can and can't smoke. Or even try to guilt-trip them. As long as it doesn't affect me, it's none of my business.

Except for my little brother. Him, I'm trying to influence positively without seeming like I'm trying to control his life.
Article
Mephostophiles
Sigmund Freud did enough cocaine to kill a horse. Edgar Allen Poe, hallicunigens. Some of the best musicians and singers on the planet have heavy drug addictions. Drugs don't necessarily control your personality or life. That's an absolutist point of view that I'd expect from an unedcuated right-wing conservative.

It's apparent that Edgar Allen Poe and many musicians would've lived much longer if it weren't for what they did to themselves with drugs.

wheres the inspiration without drugs however??
Article
Drugs can and do leave permanent scars in the minds of those that do them. Despite the fact that all of those who use marijuana try to make it seem like it doesn't change them, it often does. The effect can be quite apparent.

You are not going into new territory, darling.
This is quite evident to everyone, even to us druggies.
Quote:

Beyond that minor substance, harder drugs have done frighteningly crippling things to those I know.

Wait, wait, are we discussing the effects of marijuana on its users or the effects of harder drugs on their users?
There is quite the difference, and marijuana is not always a gateway drug.

Quote:

And those I don't know, who I encounter as stranger. It is quite apparent they are drug users.

Not always, darling, especially with marijuana.

Quote:

Often times their understanding of particular values is warped, and their mind is somewhat vacant of normality.

Often times, yes, I suppose this could be the case, however, I only find this in users who place their next hit higher than the percieved value of the normalcy you preach they have lost.
Go figure.
However, not all drug users are like that.
I like to do a bowl or two sometimes, however, I have a quite upstanding reputation in the way of career and most contacts.
I live in an apartment with a fiance` and we are doing quite well.
We would rather eat a nice meal than get lit.
How have we lost our normalcy?
How are our values warped?

Quote:
I find it to be very unsettling. I've never met anyone who has gained more than they lost through recreational drugs. Have you?

I really, have lost nothing in my use of marijuana, aside from the money used to buy it here and there.
What have I gained?
A couple good times that can be laughed at later.

Oh yes.
My life is a steaming shithole because I take drugs.
I should stop right now because someone on a forum told me it was negative.
rolleyes

-L.I-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
A couple years ago I was friends with some pretty serious drug users, and while they were really some of the nicest people I've ever met, they really had no ambition or drive to do anything beyond making enough money to buy more drugs.

The ones who were into the harder stuff like acid and crystal meth had what looked like some pretty serious emotional issues, too.

Having met them, I have never wanted to try drugs less. They just seem like an overall negative to a person's life.
Article
Mephostophiles

Who's to say that the drugs didn't influence their works and give them the unique perspective they needed to express themselves? I'm certainly not arrogant enough to rule out that possibility. You seem to be.
-Lustful.Indecency-
Article
Drugs can and do leave permanent scars in the minds of those that do them. Despite the fact that all of those who use marijuana try to make it seem like it doesn't change them, it often does. The effect can be quite apparent.

You are not going into new territory, darling.
This is quite evident to everyone, even to us druggies.
Quote:

Beyond that minor substance, harder drugs have done frighteningly crippling things to those I know.

Wait, wait, are we discussing the effects of marijuana on its users or the effects of harder drugs on their users?
There is quite the difference, and marijuana is not always a gateway drug.

Quote:

And those I don't know, who I encounter as stranger. It is quite apparent they are drug users.

Not always, darling, especially with marijuana.

Quote:

Often times their understanding of particular values is warped, and their mind is somewhat vacant of normality.

Often times, yes, I suppose this could be the case, however, I only find this in users who place their next hit higher than the percieved value of the normalcy you preach they have lost.
Go figure.
However, not all drug users are like that.
I like to do a bowl or two sometimes, however, I have a quite upstanding reputation in the way of career and most contacts.
I live in an apartment with a fiance` and we are doing quite well.
We would rather eat a nice meal than get lit.
How have we lost our normalcy?
How are our values warped?

Quote:
I find it to be very unsettling. I've never met anyone who has gained more than they lost through recreational drugs. Have you?

I really, have lost nothing in my use of marijuana, aside from the money used to buy it here and there.
What have I gained?
A couple good times that can be laughed at later.

Oh yes.
My life is a steaming shithole because I take drugs.
I should stop right now because someone on a forum told me it was negative.
rolleyes

-L.I-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You're definitely on my ignore list now. It's not so often that I read a post and fully regret having wasted the time.
Mephostophiles

I dunno, thus far only one out of four people I've known who have gone on to do anything other than pot wasn;t perminantly changed personality-wise, and even skills-wise. My old friend Sara used to be an amazing artist, now she can't draw anything more realistic than something on a Gorillaz cover even when she tries. The fact of the matter is that these drugs actually cause physical damage to the brain and the matter that actually holds it together.
Mephostophiles
Article
Mephostophiles

Who's to say that the drugs didn't influence their works and give them the unique perspective they needed to express themselves? I'm certainly not arrogant enough to rule out that possibility. You seem to be.
It wasn't ruled out.
"Who says they couldn't have been" is much different than "They would have been" :/
Mephostophiles
Article
Mephostophiles

I read a theory once that most of the great artists had sometype of disorder or handicap that prevented them from living normally
or in another perspective allowed them to see things much differently then others and whats amazing is not that they have whatever it is they had they were able to accomplish so much on it or if it helped them. runonsentences..
Mephostophiles
Article
Mephostophiles

Seem to, but only due to your assumption. You'd need to assume I'm an idiot to not understand that drugs could have certainly done something to inspire what they accomplished/discovered/created. I haven't the time for someone who assumes so much.

You're also on my ignore list now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces