Welcome to Gaia! ::

its like
given wat dust is
shouldnt the word for getting rid of dust be something like undusting
but nope it's dusting

what would the word be if you WANTED to add dust to something?? a rare scenario but could happen for maybe a stage set design or something

english language is weird

Familiar Phantom

10,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
the word for adding dust is also duating. i mean have you ever really dusted? it never works. the dust stays there. thats why the words the same
AERITH DIETH
the word for adding dust is also duating. i mean have you ever really dusted? it never works. the dust stays there. thats why the words the same

i mean it stays there in the sense that it doesn't evaporate.......but it is still removed from said object that u r dusting right
contronyms are one of my favourite grammatical devices.

Cute Girl

ya its called an auto-antonym
true
i also find it interesting how dusting also means trimming ur hair but not exactly trimming just cutting off idk around 0.5cm of ur hair
its something i found out about this yr

Newbie Noob

its lioke when u dust ur donuts w powdered sugar yum

Familiar Phantom

10,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
arcade fuhrer
AERITH DIETH

i mean it stays there in the sense that it doesn't evaporate.......but it is still removed from said object that u r dusting right
no. unless you have the swiffer it stay there. and swiffer is expensive. so yeah

Invisible Assailant

It's also dusting. As in, I am going to dust this cupcake with colored sugar.
huh, i wonder if there are any other words that also mean their opposite?

Loiterer

AERITH DIETH
arcade fuhrer
AERITH DIETH

no. unless you have the swiffer it stay there. and swiffer is expensive. so yeah
That's not true at all,you must be doing it wrong.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff