Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ok, so I've heard of this boohl-sheet about these major cell phone companies releasing their customers' cell numbers publicly to telemarketing firms. It even came on the news, however, I was on the phone with my girlfriend and I wasn't paying complete attention. I assumed they were speaking of the concept being a hoax.

Anyone got the skinny on this subject? Are they really going to be releasing numbers to the telemarketing firms?
If they are, they need to be killed.

8,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
my cell phone rang at 4 am last night.

it was my ex-boyfriend.

stare gonk
Setsuna _the potato lover
If they are, they need to be killed.

I totally agree, especially since the call will take away from your 'anytime' minutes and will cost you.

As for the Jamster messages, have you purchased from Jamster before? I've never gotten ad-messages from Jamster before. E-mails, maybe, but never on my phone.

8,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I don't have a cell phone, so I don't pay attention to those things. But it wouldn't surprise me if numbers were being released. People will do anything to make an extra dollar. Besides, it's not like you had to sign a privacy policy when you got your number.
my friend each day receives a long message in Spanish.. he was like WTF?!? He doesn't know where it is coming from and he doesn't speak any Spanish so has no clue what it is saying... eh.. wonder where its comin' from..

i bet your wondering what this has to do with your post eh? Nothing.. i just saw "cell phone" and proceeded to blurt this out
Sgt. Fgt
my cell phone rang at 4 am last night.

it was my ex-boyfriend.

stare gonk

rofl
Almost as bad as telemarketers.

And you've got a point, Red Rose, but the company has a privacy policy nonetheless, and, while I've never read it, I assume the releasing numbers to anyone, especially for profit, would go against their policy. It's still a terrible thing to do.
You could just put your cell on the do not call list.
Sovereign Machedna

Almost as bad as telemarketers.

And you've got a point, Red Rose, but the company has a privacy policy nonetheless, and, while I've never read it, I assume the releasing numbers to anyone, especially for profit, would go against their policy. It's still a terrible thing to do.

I see. Thanks for correcting me. Maybe someone should get ahold of one of those policies and read it to us. That might solve this little problem, lol.

Lord Setar

Funny, I was just thinking that.
Lord Setar

I could..., but I really shouldn't have to. I would understand it if it was a home phone number, but when I have to pay for each call, for the time I waste on that call, and for the time I waste that could be used for something more productive, I must admit outrage.

I will not submit my anytime minutes to telemarketers! scream

...besides... I'm lazy... I don't feel like calling no Do Not Call List...
I've gotten random ad text-messages. Pisses me off.
Lord Setar

That list is total bullshit.

I had my land line on the do not call list and a month later, I was getting telemarketing calls again, and more frequently than before!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff