I've lived in Japan, and I can assure you he's going to get nowhere

AND FAST!

xd
He's going to get killed. neutral
But, I think he will make it.
heart

Shadowy Cultist

He's gonna get owned...
What the hell are you people talking about, "he's going to get his a** kicked" or whatever? You don't know anything about Japanese culture, do you people.

What they'll do is, listen politely, smile out of embarassment, and go on with their lives. No one is going to be violent towards him. It's not like Christianity is still illegal in Japan.

Most Japanese say they're not religious, but Shintoist, Buddhist, or both, depending on their family. Their ideas about religion are much different. Even the few Japanese Christians I have met are very different from American Christians. In good ways.

They'll listen and be polite, but they're not likely to be swayed, though.
4m33n4
Twilight Gaze
Christians have got to learn at some point that not everybody wants to be one of them.
You'd think the fact that some of the missionaries in Africa get killed and eaten by the natives isn't enough of a sign.

true say. 3nodding

i totally agree

wiccan pride
Kaboodle
The other day at Church (Christian Church), there was a minister who was ready to go to Japan. His name was Matsunaga or something. He talked about how Christianity wasn't big in Japan and he was going to go and change that.

Knowing what you know about Japan and its people, how do you think this'll turn out?

EDIT: Word, not work.. =P

It is the signs that we are approaching the end I think after christianity will be taught to every part of the world then we will be ready to meet Antichrist

Clefairly's Husband

He'll probably be ignored

Clefairly's Husband

Night_Creation
4m33n4
Twilight Gaze
Christians have got to learn at some point that not everybody wants to be one of them.
You'd think the fact that some of the missionaries in Africa get killed and eaten by the natives isn't enough of a sign.

true say. 3nodding

i totally agree

wiccan pride

3nodding
    I'm always amused when christians think they have the power to change an entire country, let alone the world. :'D
Mother GeeDee
He's going to get killed. neutral
But, I think he will make it.
heart

That made NO sense. I love it.
Night_Creation
4m33n4
Twilight Gaze

true say. 3nodding

i totally agree

wiccan pride

Meh, they were british. That's why they were eaten. Christianity has nothing to do with it.

Now I know most of gaia are flaming christian bashers but, this guy has every right to do this, and he probably will be moderatly succesfull. Even though when this happened in the 1800s, the missionaries were executed.

As long as he does not push christianity on people, (which is probably never a sucessful idea) and merely spread the good news, then he will be fine.
Heartfelt Lullaby
    I'm always amused when christians think they have the power to change an entire country, let alone the world. :'D

Who said he wanted to change the country? He just wants to start up a church there. And christians have changed countries, and the world in instances. Martin Luther King, Billy Sunday, Mother Teresa,and Pope John Paul.
What pokemon is he bringing with him?
if memories serve me well most Japanese believe in buddha.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff