Welcome to Gaia! ::

The common thought that "normal" is always right. assume for a moment everyone killed someone of tuesdays, it would be the normal thing to do, but does this make it right? it's so stupid when people see someone doing something out of the ordinary and automaticaly assume it's somehting you shouldn't do or is something that's stupid. your thoughts?
Well, what we think is right...we usually do and whatever we usually do...is the norm. So what is right is the norm...most of the time.

Hygienic Consumer

I think you're trying too hard to be profound, which is ok, because that's pretty normal for the GD.
i agree

we should totally kill people on tuesdays
Your hypothetical question is too far out of left field to be applicable.

But to answer, "normal" just means "common" or "expected." For something to be common or expected doesn't necessarily make it right, you're correct in that. But when a person calls something "not normal," they aren't necessarily saying that it's not right.

A meteor strike, for example, is not normal. But morals can't be applied to it, either.
Those people are stupid and should be shot.

I like being me. However socially unacceptable I may be.
Kermi
I think you're trying too hard to be profound, which is ok, because that's pretty normal for the GD.

omfg best sig ever heart heart heart
I wouldn't want to be normal...what ever that is. Nothing I do is normal...most things I think are not normal.....People I like are not normal...you get the picture
Normalness is over rated 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces