Welcome to Gaia! ::

I let my brother borrow my ps2 and all the stuff that goes with it (rfu adaptor, controller, memory card, and some games). I left for a week out of state and away from college to visit my boyfriend. Plus, my mom told me I had better bring it home anyways, since my roommate is a dumbass and would likely leave the door unlocked (which she did).

I'm pretty protective of my games and s**t, and told him that he had better take care of them, because otherwise, his soul is mine.

I come home, he has my game manuals everywhere (which I made him put back in the cases), and I told him I needed to pack it up tomorrow to bring it back to school. So I do, and bring it back, everything seems a-okay.

Except he forgot to mention the rfu adaptor no longer works (no sound, just image), and he broke the right shoulder buttons. Which I discovered while starting up KH2 again today. God damn it. That's the second controller I have to replace because of him.

=[ I seriously hate loaning things out to people, because they inevitably come back in horrid condition. Especially amongst my own family.

Do you guys loan things? Let family members use them? What condition do they come back in? It's frustrating, eh?

bonus: Should I kill him? ;D

lol update: Mom's gonna make him buy me a new controller.
I sure as hell hope that happens, video games are my lifeline. ;_;
I already bought myself an RFU adaptor.
Make him pay you back, then kill him.

That's just shitty of him. Never loan him anything again.

Enduring Datemate

My sister doesn't ask, she just steals s**t from my closet all the time while I'm sleeping.

Liberal Gaian

5,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trader 100
  • Married 100
I rarely loan out things for this very reason.

I would definitely make him pay for the controller(s) and a replacement RFU adapter.
Yes!
I seriously wouldnt let anyone touch my PSP. Actually I have let people. And right now my brother is borrrowing my xbox360...
Hrm I dont know. I guess I trust em' xD
I hardly ever loan out anything, unless it doesn't really mean anything to me.
Because when I do, inevitably, it gets broken. >|
Keoji
My sister doesn't ask, she just steals s**t from my closet all the time while I'm sleeping.

My sister does that too.
D:
But mostly when it came to the very few 'cute' clothes I own.
I only loan out small things that are easily replaced or if i can keep an eye on it [mobile phone for instance].
My sister has a tendancy of violently raping pbooks. Spines folded, pages bent, corners all dented and damaged. She throws them in this big hideous sack (It's not a purse, it's a huge sack) that is full of make up, brushed, flood, bottles of ewater (multiple ones) sometimes shoes, belts, and god knows what else, and then just kind of flops it everywhere. I've come to accept this as her way, and only loan her books where I am willing to accept the damage. She seems unaware that the condition that books are returned to me is unacceptable. I think this is because this is how all of her books look, so she just sees it as normal.

As for your brother, I would make him pay for the items he damaged.

Angelic Lunatic

8,175 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
That sucks, I usually forget things i lend out.
`Condom Baby`
Yes!
I seriously wouldnt let anyone touch my PSP. Actually I have let people. And right now my brother is borrrowing my xbox360...
Hrm I dont know. I guess I trust em' xD

D:
I don't like people using my expensive things, so I usaully watch over them. Couldn't in this case.
My boyfriend was funny - I had brought my GBSP, but he's like "hey, wanna play on my DS?"
So I did.
And he watched me like a hawk and even told me how to open it correctly.
xD
Like I've never used one before.
I don't loan out things I would be upset to find broken upon my return. I keep those in some variety of lock box or lock bag, so they are unacessable and thus harder to break.
I had this memory card with s**t saved on it. I was at the final battle on ffx and my b***h a** ex-friend amy erased it, both games gonk . Just because she wanted to play sims. FEEL MY PAIN crying crying
Hard_Gay
My sister has a tendancy of violently raping pbooks. Spines folded, pages bent, corners all dented and damaged. She throws them in this big hideous sack (It's not a purse, it's a huge sack) that is full of make up, brushed, flood, bottles of ewater (multiple ones) sometimes shoes, belts, and god knows what else, and then just kind of flops it everywhere. I've come to accept this as her way, and only loan her books where I am willing to accept the damage. She seems unaware that the condition that books are returned to me is unacceptable. I think this is because this is how all of her books look, so she just sees it as normal.

As for your brother, I would make him pay for the items he damaged.

Yeesh. I'd be wary of her borrowing books to if they came back like that.
And I've already ordered an RFU adaptor - didn't notice the controller damage until later, so I'm going to give my mom a call about it. He'll deny doing it.

The Committee Staff Architect

I'll loan almost anything out exept for video games

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas