Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think this is okay?

Yes 0.054945054945055 5.5% [ 5 ]
No 0.56043956043956 56.0% [ 51 ]
HELL YEAH, CRACKER! 0.38461538461538 38.5% [ 35 ]
Total Votes:[ 91 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

damn, you white folks need to hush up.

Racism isn't "right" or "ok" from anyone. Trying to validate your own racism because minorites are apparently racist towards you is first ignorant, second idiotic, third pitiful, and finally, just sad.

Grow up and actually think. Maybe you got called a cracker a while back and said "damn niggers" to yourself under your breath thinking you were having the last laugh, but when I got called "******" the other day, I demanded an apology, got one, and that was that.

Most blacks can't be that calm. White people won't ever understand.
Asterisk_Prime

Racism isn't "right" or "ok" from anyone. Trying to validate your own racism because minorites are apparently racist towards you is first ignorant, second idiotic, third pitiful, and finally, just sad.

Grow up and actually think. Maybe you got called a cracker a while back and said "damn niggers" to yourself under your breath thinking you were having the last laugh, but when I got called "******" the other day, I demanded an apology, got one, and that was that.

Yeah, kind of like that black lady in line who got all huffy because they weren't cashing her welfare checks for her fast enough and she was calling them all sorts of names... yet her a** was on welfare, being paid for by the people working there who have to deal with her welfare a** and normal hard working people trying to buy stuff. It's amazing on welfare she was able to get a new Ford Explorer with custom rims though...
MikeHell
Asterisk_Prime

Yeah, kind of like that black lady in line who got all huffy because they weren't cashing her welfare checks for her fast enough and she was calling them all sorts of names... yet her a** was on welfare, being paid for by the people working there who have to deal with her welfare a** and normal hard working people trying to buy stuff. It's amazing on welfare she was able to get a new Ford Explorer with custom rims though...

lol. We'll just forget entirely that she paid taxes into that welfare fund, just like every other American, white or otherwise.

White people won't ever understand. I keep saying the exact same s**t, and it always falls on deaf ears.
The text below is not a defense of racism or hatred. It is an explanation of why minority-on-majority hatred is tolerated by the majority.

It's called Tyranny of the Minority. What this term means, before someone seriously accuses me of racism, is that the majority has double-thought itself into a corner by forcing upon themselves the lie that an act taken by a member of the majority against a member of the minorty (ethnic, political, gender, etc.) is somehow an act of oppression. Here is a purely hypothetical example:

I am a white person. I have decided today that the 249th person to walk past me is going to receive a beating. If that person is also white, I will be charged with assault and battery. If that person is of another ethnicity, I may be charged with a hate crime, regardless of my motive. Whether the charge of my attack being hate-based is successful or not, I now live with the stigma of being the racist attacker. So I'll just shrug my shoulders and hope that person 250 is white to keep that stigma away. However, if a gay person were to attack me for being straight (BIG BOLD TEXT: THIS IS HYPERBOLE), it would not be seen as such because an attack by a minority against a majority is not considered a hate crime in many areas.

A similar situation can be seen in the UN, in regards to member states with permanent seats (I'll call them PM's here for brevity's sake). When a matter comes before a council, the no vote of any PM carries veto power. In this way, member states have to ensure that their proposals will not run afoul of any PM, since even one dissuading opinion will kill any proposal immediately. So nothing of real import can get done, because everyone's afraid the US is going to say no to this, or France will vote no on that.

In general, it comes out of the seeming belief that the majority is some homogenous hivemind, unable to disagree with itself and therefore only capable of great abuses of power, and therefore "deserving" of hate.

An old saying of mine: The moment you become an apologetic, your argument becomes invalid.
Asterisk_Prime
MikeHell
Asterisk_Prime

lol. We'll just forget entirely that she paid taxes into that welfare fund, just like every other American, white or otherwise.

White people won't ever understand. I keep saying the exact same s**t, and it always falls on deaf ears.

Well, what taxes do you believe she paid into the system? OR was it possble at 16 she had some kids than at 18 got a higher welfare income because of a child, and she proceded to than have more children to recieve more money, well never paying back into the system, in sense taking more out of the system she ever put in... not an unncommon thing of many races to do that. (Hispanics, blacks, even some white trash)
am black..no am me. i believe that white ppl created racism and then other races have followed...and you can call a black person a ****** if you want. And another person told you that white ppl are less senstive. That true. Even if you call a white person cracker, honkie, peckerwood, and watever else...oh i just dont care. just know that ghetto people with dark skin r niggers..know the differences before u say it...n if u dont see a difference just be sure ur not alone...k bye causasian:
Thank you, Saianna, for your analysis.

However, I think you jumped the gun a little too quick, utilizing false language that confuses me and contradicts what I'm taking as the thesis.

Saianna
the majority has double-thought itself into a corner by forcing upon themselves the lie that an act taken by a member of the majority against a member of the minorty (ethnic, political, gender, etc.) is somehow an act of oppression

Paradoxical as written. I assume you meant that any negative action is automatically considered an act of oppression?

Second, your hypothetical example involving the attack dead ends. Consider contemporary social standards surrounding hate crimes, especially white on black crimes. If one of your white friends attacked a black person claiming it was not out of hate, wouldn't you believe them? I am certain most white people would, even more so if there was an investigation of hate-base and it was finalized as false. Where does the stigma come in if your determination isn't tarnished?

Saianna
it comes out of the seeming belief that the majority is some homogenous hivemind, unable to disagree with itself and therefore only capable of great abuses of power, and therefore "deserving" of hate

I argue that only those holding the power have a capacity to abuse it. You fail to develop the link between a body abusing power and being "deserving" of hate, especially in the general.
i don't mean to be racist in any way this is just stuff that i've over heard:
but if there were a white history month, wouldn't that be considered racist??? even though there is a black history month???
Sato-kun18
i don't mean to be racist in any way this is just stuff that i've over heard:
but if there were a white history month, wouldn't that be considered racist??? even though there is a black history month???

There is no need for a white history month because there is no need to increase awareness about the societal contributions of white people. Every american child learns about the white man's contributions in every grade of mandatory schooling.

Would it be racist? I think not. Is it practical in it's purpose and the message it's sending? Hardly.
Sui xEx Syde
am black..no am me. i believe that white ppl created racism and then other races have followed...and you can call a black person a ****** if you want. And another person told you that white ppl are less senstive. That true. Even if you call a white person cracker, honkie, peckerwood, and watever else...oh i just dont care. just know that ghetto people with dark skin r niggers..know the differences before u say it...n if u dont see a difference just be sure ur not alone...k bye causasian:

White people created racism? Really? I don't think it was a "white only" thing. You won't get to far with the way you write either, no one will take you seriously, even if that is the way you type.

If you actually bothered to know history you would know that white people weren't the first to enslave anyone else on a massive scale, and you would also know your own "people" back in Africa helped capture and sell your forefathers.
MikeHell
Asterisk_Prime
MikeHell
Asterisk_Prime

Well, what taxes do you believe she paid into the system? OR was it possble at 16 she had some kids than at 18 got a higher welfare income because of a child, and she proceded to than have more children to recieve more money, well never paying back into the system, in sense taking more out of the system she ever put in... not an unncommon thing of many races to do that. (Hispanics, blacks, even some white trash)

Possible, yes. But now you assume waaay too much out of that bitchy lady at the front of the line.

I'll agree, people commonly abuse the system. It's too bad.

And yes, I'll also agree that when it comes to getting free money from the state, minorities in general abuse the system way more than whites.

Taking away welfare isn't the answer, though. You must see that.
MikeHell
Sui xEx Syde

White people created racism? Really? I don't think it was a "white only" thing. You won't get to far with the way you write either, no one will take you seriously, even if that is the way you type.

If you actually bothered to know history you would know that white people weren't the first to enslave anyone else on a massive scale, and you would also know your own "people" back in Africa helped capture and sell your forefathers.

Yes, yes, we all know the mesopatamians enslaved all kinds of conquered peoples because it was easy to replace fallen comrades with captured enemies.

However, white people WERE the first race to enslave a people and justify it by claiming those slaves weren't really people. Even in britain, and most of Europe, they considered African savages to be men; America's colonies thought otherwise, because it helped them cope with the fact they were committing serious crimes against other humans.
Asterisk_Prime
MikeHell
Sui xEx Syde

Yes, yes, we all know the mesopatamians enslaved all kinds of conquered peoples because it was easy to replace fallen comrades with captured enemies.

However, white people WERE the first race to enslave a people and justify it by claiming those slaves weren't really people. Even in britain, and most of Europe, they considered African savages to be men; America's colonies thought otherwise, because it helped them cope with the fact they were committing serious crimes against other humans.

They weren't the first to do that either, nor use religion as an excuse, or economics as an excuse.
MikeHell
Asterisk_Prime
MikeHell
Sui xEx Syde

They weren't the first to do that either, nor use religion as an excuse, or economics as an excuse.

Sure, they were. It was the same logic that let them validate trying to run the Native Americans into extinction.

White people thought they were top dogs at the time, and people who weren't white weren't really human. Ask the mormon church about it.
What was that, white bread? razz

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces