Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aliens, Psychics or Jesus? Which is more appealing? (Oh believe me, I know which one will score highest from the gaian population...)

Aliens 0.3125 31.2% [ 20 ]
Psychics 0.28125 28.1% [ 18 ]
Jesus 0.40625 40.6% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 64 ]
< 1 2 3

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Lolita Pop
~lost~ in thought
I believe enough in phycics to be interested in them. But God is just too easy to disprove.

How is god easier to disprove than a psychic? Other than word of mouth, there's no way to prove that psychics exist.
Today's world is a scientific one. There's becoming less & less place for God in today's world. I bet in about 100 years, God will never be heard about again. He'll be disproved 100% & forgotten like all the past gods like Anubis & Thor.
Flying Spaghetti Monster yo.

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
pipdiddle
Flying Spaghetti Monster yo.
All hail the new god/fad of the 21st century. heart
Sentierius Helotra
HermioneJane
Yes, God is too easy. And, it's logical that there is some form of life on othe planets in the Universe.

^ that isn't logical, because life is far too hard to come into existance without divine intervention, that assuming there weren't a God, we'd be a singular planet with life.

anyway, people like psychics and aliens because its more appealing, and there's nothing to argue with because there's no solid answers. People don't like the God concept, because he's put all his thoughts down on paper for everyone to read, so when they read it, or someone they don't know reads it and drags it out of context, they don't like what they hear. You can't argue with the psychics and aliens because they don't lay anything down as to what happened, is happening, and will happen. I would have said "man...I wanna go home" too, if I were in your class.

OMFG!! MAN wrote the bible, NOT GOD!!

and if you think life can't evolve without God then you are just not thinking scientifically

it's easy to pretend you know how the universe was created, because you don't actually have to think

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Lolita Pop
stare
Now might be an OK time to ditch your thread. whee
I believe in all three.

I mean, I think there is really life somewhere in this universe or even beyond. They probobly aren't like the average stereotype we see aliens as today. I think they might be like us. Basically humans only from another place.

3,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
It's easy because the people of the world (or the gaian community) need something to believe in. That doesn't mean psychics and aliens don't excist. It's like, going without food for so long. It's just there, people need to beleive in something.

As for me, I believe in psychics and aliens.. But not God. Well I do, just not the same god as everyone else in the world. Because if God created everything... What created him? and what created that and that and that and so on. It'll just go on for ever really. There's no way in telling what was first created.

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
snowbabysugar
Sentierius Helotra
HermioneJane
Yes, God is too easy. And, it's logical that there is some form of life on othe planets in the Universe.

^ that isn't logical, because life is far too hard to come into existance without divine intervention, that assuming there weren't a God, we'd be a singular planet with life.

anyway, people like psychics and aliens because its more appealing, and there's nothing to argue with because there's no solid answers. People don't like the God concept, because he's put all his thoughts down on paper for everyone to read, so when they read it, or someone they don't know reads it and drags it out of context, they don't like what they hear. You can't argue with the psychics and aliens because they don't lay anything down as to what happened, is happening, and will happen. I would have said "man...I wanna go home" too, if I were in your class.

and if you think life can't evolve without God then you are just not thinking scientifically

it's easy to pretend you know how the universe was created, because you don't actually have to think
Besides, God has terrible handwriting. He told me so himself.
Quote:

Who do you think put the ideas into the mind of man? I think that would be Jesus my friend...
I believe in all of them. I have mainly gnostic beliefs, so I don't believe that most of the bible is true. I believe in Jesus's teachings, but not as how they are percieved in today's religions. I do believe in God, but not as this all-fearful ruler of man. God didn't make the world this way, we did.

I believe in aliens, but not those funky, spindly, green things. I believe they have human-esque appearance, and since I can remember I've toyed with the idea that they and we are the same, and they they settled here.

I think it's hard for people to grasp the concept of this wonderful thing. That this life we live is a trial, a lesson. That when we die we go to this wonderful place full of knowledge and love and happiness. I think partly it's because we as humans have grown to search and worry more about our appearance, our jobs, what materials we have, as opposed to our spirituality, which is what centers us. And we all experience so much disappointment at any given time, that people can be afraid to believe that it does get better after you leave this place. They're afraid of being disappointed again.

But then again, everyone is different. God is only difficult to believe in because we are so used to this "realism."
Aliens scare the life outta me

I can't even look at the sky at night

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas