Welcome to Gaia! ::

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
If you had the opportunity to profit off of putting people in jail, would you make ludicrous unenforceable drug laws to lock as many people up as possible, and then lie to the public about your true intentions? emotion_awesome

I know I would! wink
i would probably focus on making prison conditions terrible enough to cause high recidivism, and increase profit and then foster ridiculous ideas among the general populace that private enterprise always results in public good

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
This is what actually happens you know.
Enlightened Despot
im sure both happen

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
Sexy English Teacher
i would probably focus on making prison conditions terrible enough to cause high recidivism, and increase profit and then foster ridiculous ideas among the general populace that private enterprise always results in public good
What a good idea! emotion_awesome

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I'd also create a war on drugs! emotion_awesome

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
Sexy English Teacher
Enlightened Despot
im sure both happen
That was meant to be a bump I didn't know anyone replied yet. sweatdrop
Enlightened Despot
Sexy English Teacher

Well the war on drugs was caused by a lot of things. At the top of the list were remnants of the puritans who caused the first prohibition, alcohol and cigarette companies, and a lot of racism among the general populace being taken advantage of.

Granted, the prison lobby isn't helping, but they wouldn't even be strong enough to help if people weren't so afraid of jazz musicians and the mexicans.

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
Sexy English Teacher
Enlightened Despot
Sexy English Teacher

Well the war on drugs was caused by a lot of things. At the top of the list were remnants of the puritans who caused the first prohibition, alcohol and cigarette companies, and a lot of racism among the general populace being taken advantage of.

Granted, the prison lobby isn't helping, but they wouldn't even be strong enough to help if people weren't so afraid of jazz musicians and the mexicans.

Here's a documentary clip I found about how the drug war was used to attack minorities when it first started out.

Greedy Giver

im a 'murican, aint I? drug laws are just the beginning.

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
kitti kat
im a 'murican, aint I? drug laws are just the beginning.
Please tell us more about the prison industrial complex that plagues our country? emotion_awesome
Enlightened Despot
Sexy English Teacher
Enlightened Despot
Sexy English Teacher

Here's a documentary clip I found about how the drug war was used to attack minorities when it first started out.
It's still very much a racial/civil rights issue

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
Sexy English Teacher
Enlightened Despot
Sexy English Teacher
Enlightened Despot
Sexy English Teacher

Do you honestly think I'm arguing with you? emotion_eyebrow That's 100% true.
Enlightened Despot
Sexy English Teacher
Enlightened Despot
Sexy English Teacher
Enlightened Despot
Sexy English Teacher

Do you honestly think I'm arguing with you? emotion_eyebrow
oh no, im just making sure, since "was" implies that its different now lol

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
Sexy English Teacher
Enlightened Despot
Sexy English Teacher
Enlightened Despot
Sexy English Teacher

Do you honestly think I'm arguing with you? emotion_eyebrow
oh no, im just making sure, since "was" implies that its different now lol
No I said, "was," because this particular clip is about the early 1900's. It's still the same racist program, but the government doesn't make that as apparent anymore.

Here's a congressional hearing about the modern drug war and how ******** up it is.
They really don't have their priorities straight.
Not to mention they're completely contradicting the basis of the drug war, which used to be that marijuana caused violent crime without the assistance of prohibition.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff