Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Gaian

Urh.

The chatty nature of the report might've been appropriate for your LJ, but it wasn't appropriate for a science report, which are supposed to record the facts in an impartial and straightforward manner.

No one gives a s**t if you weren't enthusiastic about taking measurements or thought the idea of growing cabbages was boring or whatever, least of all your teacher. All that matters is that you recorded your procedure in a manner which would allow other researchers to reproduce it, and then recorded the results as clearly and consistently as possible. Don't just say that the plants had shrunk, record by how much they'd shrunk, with graphs or tables or whatever to display the data.

What he was looking for was evidence that you could follow correct research procedure, not some anecdotal account which looks like you dashed it off in half an hour.

F
you were doing a science experiment, not an english report.
Well it seems like he wanted you to follow a specific scientific process, and you wanted to follow your own creative process. Therein lied the problem.

Next time, just do as the teacher asks. You'll be out of school soon enough and if you get through it, you have the rest of your life to be mediocre at your job if that's your pleasure.
Just get through school please, no one wants to see a smartass 40-year-old killing cabbages in high school.
Vanilla Condoms
So my Science Assignment was to measure cabbage and crap blah blah blah. I had to write what happened. the teacher said he wanted the facts- what happened. he didnt care what else, as long as that was there-so ofcourse i made mine interesting:

Quote:
Cabbage, Well what can I say? We did an experiment on them, Oh joy. As much as I thought it’d be totally boring, it was actually more interesting than I thought. Don’t get me wrong- it’s not something I’d do in my spare time.

Well, to the experiment- We deprived three Cabbage plants of three (apparently essential) nutrients. Those nutrients were Potassium, Phosphorus and Nitrogen. We also had a control plant to compare them to.

We had 6 weeks to do the experiment. We started out taking measurements in class. But afterwards, our teacher said to measure in our own time. All I measured was the height and how many leaves were attached. Out of the six weeks I only got four measurements. Now we were meant to measure our plants three times a week. So what’s that a total of? 18 measurements? Let’s just say I wasn’t exactly enthusiastic about measuring cabbages in my spare time!

Well let’s get to the results then, shall we? My plants shrunk, simple as that. Even my control plant shrunk. I don’t think it was the plants fault- I haven’t exactly looked after cabbages before… Or any other plant for that matter. So I’m not too sure it was to do with the deprivation of nutrients. Other plants in our class didn’t shrink, so yes, it was my lousy farming.

Although the plants shrunk, they all grew more leaves, although the cabbage deprived of Nitrogen managed to lose one. But I must have done something semi-okay because other plants lost leaves too. I’m not a complete failure.

By the fourteenth of August the plants deprived of Nitrogen and Phosphorus had some symptoms of an early death. The Nitrogen deficient plant went purple and the Phosphorus deficient plant developed spots. Apparently this happened to a few plants so my experiment was (to my surprise) a success.

So i handed it to him. Conversation went as follows:

"whats that?"
"assignment"
"you're not handing that in"
"yes I am"
"no, You're not"
"Fine. Stuff you" and ofcourse i walked off.

Now this teacher is an idiot. He doesnt suport his students, and he says i have no potential, and i'm not going to get anywhere. Excuse me Mr. Whitfort - Who said YOU'RE perfect!?
I was gonna do my best in science until he said that to me. b*****d.

Anyway - Discuss:
-Idiot Teachers
-Pointless Assignments
-School
-Enlightening conversations with your teachers
-Anything else to do with the above

The reason why you're not going anywhere is because of the way you probably dress and look at school. Therefore, the teacher will make the assumption that the faggy goth or the snobbish prep will fail in their own special way. I'm glad there are teachers in school that judge kids by the way they dress still.

In other words, just stop whining about stupid opinions from liberal douche teachers and do what they tell you to do. You'll (hopefully) go to college and then you can do whatever you want and dress however you want without ridicule from professors.

God, I hate teens
Vanilla s
kingmullet
all my teachers are pretty cool... my science teacher gave me a cd so i could burn it... he has great taste in music YEAH GO METALLICA LOL

I seriously have to meet your science teacher.

my middle school health teacher this old lady loved Metallica and would blast it douring class... it was scary... shes a real old head..
GreyFox37
Vanilla Condoms
So my Science Assignment was to measure cabbage and crap blah blah blah. I had to write what happened. the teacher said he wanted the facts- what happened. he didnt care what else, as long as that was there-so ofcourse i made mine interesting:

Quote:
Cabbage, Well what can I say? We did an experiment on them, Oh joy. As much as I thought it’d be totally boring, it was actually more interesting than I thought. Don’t get me wrong- it’s not something I’d do in my spare time.

Well, to the experiment- We deprived three Cabbage plants of three (apparently essential) nutrients. Those nutrients were Potassium, Phosphorus and Nitrogen. We also had a control plant to compare them to.

We had 6 weeks to do the experiment. We started out taking measurements in class. But afterwards, our teacher said to measure in our own time. All I measured was the height and how many leaves were attached. Out of the six weeks I only got four measurements. Now we were meant to measure our plants three times a week. So what’s that a total of? 18 measurements? Let’s just say I wasn’t exactly enthusiastic about measuring cabbages in my spare time!

Well let’s get to the results then, shall we? My plants shrunk, simple as that. Even my control plant shrunk. I don’t think it was the plants fault- I haven’t exactly looked after cabbages before… Or any other plant for that matter. So I’m not too sure it was to do with the deprivation of nutrients. Other plants in our class didn’t shrink, so yes, it was my lousy farming.

Although the plants shrunk, they all grew more leaves, although the cabbage deprived of Nitrogen managed to lose one. But I must have done something semi-okay because other plants lost leaves too. I’m not a complete failure.

By the fourteenth of August the plants deprived of Nitrogen and Phosphorus had some symptoms of an early death. The Nitrogen deficient plant went purple and the Phosphorus deficient plant developed spots. Apparently this happened to a few plants so my experiment was (to my surprise) a success.

So i handed it to him. Conversation went as follows:

"whats that?"
"assignment"
"you're not handing that in"
"yes I am"
"no, You're not"
"Fine. Stuff you" and ofcourse i walked off.

Now this teacher is an idiot. He doesnt suport his students, and he says i have no potential, and i'm not going to get anywhere. Excuse me Mr. Whitfort - Who said YOU'RE perfect!?
I was gonna do my best in science until he said that to me. b*****d.

Anyway - Discuss:
-Idiot Teachers
-Pointless Assignments
-School
-Enlightening conversations with your teachers
-Anything else to do with the above

The reason why you're not going anywhere is because of the way you probably dress and look at school. Therefore, the teacher will make the assumption that the faggy goth or the snobbish prep will fail in their own special way. I'm glad there are teachers in school that judge kids by the way they dress still.

In other words, just stop whining about stupid opinions from liberal douche teachers and do what they tell you to do. You'll (hopefully) go to college and then you can do whatever you want and dress however you want without ridicule from professors.

God, I hate teens

stare We wear uniform...
musicianforlife
F You!

Well i dont care if i fail. I'm not doing any sciences, but what i dont get is why he cant just take it and fail me. he said No, you cant hand that in. so fail me.
Oh alright! i'm gonna do a half-assed attempt at what its MEANT to be.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff