Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

You like photography or taking pictures?

Photography 0.52112676056338 52.1% [ 37 ]
Taking Pictures 0.47887323943662 47.9% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 71 ]
< 1 2 3 >

asdfjasflka

i totally know what you're talking about... people on myspace taking pictures of themselves with 40 dollar digital cameras is not photography...
Photography is soo cool. I'd like to take a class on it or something if they had it at my school. In 7th grade there was this cool photography thing but it only last one year because the teacher left.
Yes, I hear people say they're photographers all over the place on the net and all thier pics are taken with a webcam. I was going to find the definition of photographer, but sadly they don't have it, only 'photograph', which may have mislead these posers. I'm actually interested in it myself, but I'm far from being one. T'would be nice though. Photography is a beautiful thing.
it is kinda irritating when people think theyr artists and such when they really dont have much skill...
I am glad to see I am not alone.

And yes. There are the people with cheap a** cameras that still manage to take pretty good pictures. But then those who go out and buy 500$ cameras and never get good use out of them. It is unfair.

I forgot to include. That I myself, do enjoy photography very much. I hope to have that as my profession. I am gradually learning and seeing how the mind of a photographer works.
it does, it's all because of myspace!
i like it wen kidz b***h ovr stupid thingz, lol. cool
Alena Simone
asdfjasflka

i totally know what you're talking about... people on myspace taking pictures of themselves with 40 dollar digital cameras is not photography...

haha. Oh god. I agree. I myself have to buy my own cameras. my mom doesn't support it. so i have to buy them my own. and which i can only manage to buy the cheaper ones. in the 150-200 range. but i know what megapixels are and i just dont buy by brand name.

some of those kids need to be smacked.
I take pictures of animals and scenery and stuff that catches my attention. I rarely photograph people ( they are so boring ) and i dont pretend to have any amazing artistic merrit. Its just cool when stuff comes out well. ^__^ * go look at my pictures @ deviantart ( link in my sig )
Taking pictures interests me.

However I suck a** at it.
i take pictures. but nothing like...artsy.
k. you guys saved me.
haha
I love photography. I've never taken any classes and all I have it a digital camera. But people seem to love the shots I get.

I have these really cool abandoned buildings near my school and whenever we hang out there, I take black and whites.

I have the pics on the computer but not on any site. PM if it interests you that much. smile
Yes, this annoys me a bit.
I take Photography at school, but I don't use digital.
I'm a film gal, because it really allows for hands-on experience.
Furthermore, I feel that art cannot be art without determination and hard work.
So when someone takes a picture with a point-and-shoot digital, use the photo editor it came with to make the picture look artistic, and then call themselves photographers, it tends to annoy me.
I don't count Photoshop in this. It takes skill to use Photoshop.

Photoshop is the bane of my existance.
dampened_populist
Yes, this annoys me a bit.
I take Photography at school, but I don't use digital.
I'm a film gal, because it really allows for hands-on experience.
Furthermore, I feel that art cannot be art without determination and hard work.
So when someone takes a picture with a point-and-shoot digital, use the photo editor it came with to make the picture look artistic, and then call themselves photographers, it tends to annoy me.
I don't count Photoshop in this. It takes skill to use Photoshop.

Photoshop is the bane of my existance.

Ah why yes.
People should learn how to edit them better. I to do enjoy film better than digital. I need to raise some money to buy one. A used one of course. Haha.

But Photoshop does take skill.
I have it. But I have yet not been able to figure it out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff