Welcome to Gaia! ::

hello.

+1 1 100.0% [ 77 ]
Total Votes:[ 77 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

I like famous photos, and I even do photography. but not as good as these I'm sure.

I have three for this post. Not all are happy, mind you.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

After the photographer won the Pulitzer prize for this photo, the photographer committed suicide.

The fetus had a crippling birth defect and the doctors were trying to treat it in the womb in 21 weeks utero. The baby's arm thrust from the mother's uterus and grabbed the doctor's finger, and when the doctor tried to list his hand the fetus squeezed- reacting to touch.

"Born Twice". I think after this picture went around abortion was illegalized in the UK... I don't know if it still is now. Correct me if I am wrong.

I actually live near the city where the bombing occurred, and my husband heard it go off too. We were both kids.

The image of firefighter Chris Fields holding the dying infant Baylee Almon won the Pulitzer Prize for Spot News Photography in 1996.

At 9:02, on April 19, 1995, Gulf War vet, Timothy McVeigh detonated 4,800 lbs of fertilizer and fuel oil. The resulting blast destroyed the Alfred P. Murrah Federal government Building and killed 168 people. The bombing, largest act of domestic terrorism, in America, shattered pre-911 America’s innocence.

You don't have to read the text, but look at the pictures to get the message across.

GD, what photos negatively or positively effect you?
They don't have to be a favorite, but they can go and make you feel happy, sad or angry.
User Image

gonk thats terrible.

[[Comment my profile! 540/1000]]

[[Donate?:Fresh Grass Skirt 4k/49k]]

I wish I had an eye for photography, it is a cool hobby.
Tiger In Your Tank
User Image

gonk thats terrible.

[[Comment my profile! 540/1000]]

[[Donate?:Fresh Grass Skirt 4k/49k]]

It's reality.

The middle one is neat, though. The baby survived.
Mental Paradox
I wish I had an eye for photography, it is a cool hobby.
I tend to take weird photos, people don't even know what the hell it is that is in the photo unless I tell them.
Have you [[heard]] of my religion?

Those are so sad. crying

It's called the church of hot addictionUser Image
      -sadness-
      gonk
aww thats reall sad
why is the GD so depressing today?! gonk
I've seen the 'Born Twice' picture. It's on my Math teacher's wall. It's a 'Pro-Life' Poster.
Cute Picture though.
Colour Me Emma
Have you [[heard]] of my religion?

Those are so sad. crying

It's called the church of hot addictionUser Image
It is. : (
Your sig scream

Eloquent Fatcat

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I love photography.

I love the pictures, very moving.

Abortion has never been made illegal in the UK, and I doubt it ever will be, but that's a whole other discussion!

I have a book somewhere, containing many thought provoking pictures, and it's a favourite of mine.. Stupidly though, I can't remember the name of the photographer right now!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff