Welcome to Gaia! ::

I agree. 0.32876712328767 32.9% [ 24 ]
I disagree. 0.17808219178082 17.8% [ 13 ]
POLL SMOKER/RETARD 0.49315068493151 49.3% [ 36 ]
Total Votes:[ 73 ]
< 1 2 3 4

What's your opinion on trying to sound stupid? I've done it and it makes people talk a lot more around you.
bricks_without_straw
People sometimes feign intelligence by using big words where they usually would use small ones.
It's called being a pseudo-intellectual.

Nobody likes those fags.
bricks_without_straw
I'm an intelligent person...I don't need to prove myself. I don't enjoy arguing with people.

That's not true. It is both my belief and a byproduct of contemporary hypothesis that those with an elevated IQ compared to that of what may be considered "standard" do indeed feel it both their innate desire and cause to argue, debate, and otherwise try and prove themelves as being superior. This could be directly correlated with the fact that most intellegent people are bullied and otherwise victimised during primary and secondary education, and even in tertiary education establishments bullying exists due to their mental capacities being far more vivid than those of their peers.

-Mykal
Hey i'm smart so shut up!!!! talk2hand
When I do creative writing I find I sometimes have a tendency to use lots of pointless flowery adjectives and big words that don't have much to do with the plot and are just confusing to the reader. So I go back and make it alot a simpler and to the point, which I find can be much easier and entertaining to read.

A good example is this story written by Hemingway:

For sale: baby shoes, never used.

It gets the whole thing across in six words. He considers it the best thing he ever wrote. xd

Smitten Explorer

I see you're still going on about this...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff