Welcome to Gaia! ::

Article
Internet: 1
Suicide Victim: 0

Hearing about people on the internet killing themselves is like hearing about a bombing in Iraq, or AIDs in Africa.

In other words, I don't care. Cases regarding personal relationships like this one are a waste of forum space, as it becomes a pity party or mourning zone. This would be excusable if someone knew for sure that he's dead, but you guys are clueless.

If I had a dime for every person I know that wrote a crappy suicide poem and showed up a while later I'd have at least a dollar.

My friend's girlfriend died of cancer at the age of 17 and he took it like a soldier. You guys are mourning over mysterious emo poetry of someone you've never met.

I'll ignore your callous tone and get straight to the point.

You're right about hearing about suicide over the internet. If that was all, I wouldn't have bothered posting. The thing is that I did connect with him, and now it seems that he's gone. What I wanted to know is whether or not the whole thing is a sham. I don't even know if any of these people exist. All of you are just jumbles of words to me. To hear that one of them is dead is an odd feeling.

On one hand, a person I knew died. But on the other hand, some jumble of text won't be talking to me anymore. It's hard to figure out how to approach this.
I'm sorry. This must really suck for you. You have my sympathy man.
For some reason

I always get suspicious if someone's e-friend has "killed himself" 8<
Article

My friend's girlfriend died of cancer at the age of 17 and he took it like a soldier. You guys are mourning over mysterious emo poetry of someone you've never met.

Just because I did't know the him personally, it doesn't make the death any less real. (If indeed he has killed himself).

If you don't have the ability to see past something like a computer, or the lack of a personal connection and realize that a real person is dead, you are lacking basic human emotion.
This person had a family, a life, ambitions and dreams, just like you (assuming you have any of those things).

And that doesn't affect you in any way?

There isn't anything funny about it. It isn't a place to make a lame joke, or to act like you're some apathetic a*****e. neutral

OG Lunatic

Pontius Pirate
SadistBoo
Alot of death and general saddness going around Gaia the past week.
It's really depressing.

I'm sorry to hear your lose.
If it feels real, and you know in your heart that he's gone, or may be gone, than I wouldn't take it too lightly.
But at the same time, there is always hope that he's just being an a** and is faking it.

I personally would rather find out a friend is being an a**, than to find out they're actually gone.

Not me. Rosa was too deep and understanding. If I found out it was a hoax, I'd feel pretty betrayed.

So you'd rather him be dead than okay and un-harmed?

No matter how stupid or foolish someone has been, i'd never rather them dead than have to deal with their stupidity.
It might help to believe that there is no spoon for a while.

But when you're ready, it's time to take it out of your ear and polish it.
Double-Crossed Fool
For some reason

Considering there are three instances where GDers were said to have committed suicide, and it was later revealed that they hadn't, there's no reason not to be skeptical...
SadistBoo
Pontius Pirate
SadistBoo
Alot of death and general saddness going around Gaia the past week.
It's really depressing.

I'm sorry to hear your lose.
If it feels real, and you know in your heart that he's gone, or may be gone, than I wouldn't take it too lightly.
But at the same time, there is always hope that he's just being an a** and is faking it.

I personally would rather find out a friend is being an a**, than to find out they're actually gone.

Not me. Rosa was too deep and understanding. If I found out it was a hoax, I'd feel pretty betrayed.

So you'd rather him be dead than okay and un-harmed?

No matter how stupid or foolish someone has been, i'd never rather them dead than have to deal with their stupidity.

You're right, but I guess you could say I'm kind of selfish in that sense. I seem to care more about what his character was to me than the person behind it.

Still, it would be nice if he was alive, and just never came back.
Article

Hearing about people on the internet killing themselves is like hearing about a bombing in Iraq, or AIDs in Africa.

In other words, I don't care. Cases regarding personal relationships like this one are a waste of forum space, as it becomes a pity party or mourning zone. This would be excusable if someone knew for sure that he's dead, but you guys are clueless.

If I had a dime for every person I know that wrote a crappy suicide poem and showed up a while later I'd have at least a dollar.

If you really didn't care you shouldn't have wasted the time it took to state that. People take things at different levels, and here Pontius doesn't even know for sure what the deal is. Save your senseless rants for someone else, eh?
The 5th Horseman
Double-Crossed Fool
For some reason

Considering there are three instances where GDers were said to have committed suicide, and it was later revealed that they hadn't, there's no reason not to be skeptical...

I know. But in this case, he would have to be a great actor to make this a hoax. I'm being completely honest when I say that he was more profound than anyone I've ever met.
yama strife
Article

Just because I did't know the him personally, it doesn't make the death any less real. (If indeed he has killed himself).

That last comment makes your statement funny to me.

Anyway.

Along your strain of logic, you should be bawling your eyes out due to the thousands upon millions of tragic deaths around the world.

You shouldn't care just because someone on Gaia told you that their friend died. That's ridiculous. Here, I'll give you something better:

MOSCOW (Reuters) - A covered market in Moscow collapsed on Thursday, apparently under the weight of snow on its roof, killing at least 13 people and trapping others in the rubble, emergency services said.

The roof of the market in Bauman district in eastern Moscow caved in at 5:45 a.m. (0245 GMT) after an overnight snowfall in the city which is experiencing one of its coldest winters in a generation.

Quoting emergency officials at the scene, Interfax news agency said that, besides the 13 dead, 18 people were injured.

Have fun mourning people you don't know.
Anatometal
Article

If you really didn't care you shouldn't have wasted the time it took to state that. People take things at different levels, and here Pontius doesn't even know for sure what the deal is. Save your senseless rants for someone else, eh?

Spare me the worthless complaints and stay on topic.
The 5th Horseman
Double-Crossed Fool
For some reason

Who would they be?
Pontius Pirate
The 5th Horseman
Double-Crossed Fool
For some reason

I know. But in this case, he would have to be a great actor to make this a hoax. I'm being completely honest when I say that he was more profound than anyone I've ever met.

I'm not passing judgement over this person or anything like that, by all means you have my sympathy.

Almost a year ago or so, this guy I was dating at the time's sister called me up and said that her brother was dead, hanging in the bathroom. Naturally I freaked out and went into a bout of hysterical crying and threw the phone... maybe 5 minutes after that, (I was laying in the middle of my hallway crying in the fetal position) the phone rings and it's her brother... laughing, just laughing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you can never really know. I mean having a sister call, and making something public knowledge are two very different things, but let's hope for the best.
Article

Along your strain of logic, you should be bawling your eyes out due to the thousands upon millions of tragic deaths around the world.

You shouldn't care just because someone on Gaia told you that their friend died. That's ridiculous. Here, I'll give you something better:

MOSCOW (Reuters) - A covered market in Moscow collapsed on Thursday, apparently under the weight of snow on its roof, killing at least 13 people and trapping others in the rubble, emergency services said.

The roof of the market in Bauman district in eastern Moscow caved in at 5:45 a.m. (0245 GMT) after an overnight snowfall in the city which is experiencing one of its coldest winters in a generation.

Quoting emergency officials at the scene, Interfax news agency said that, besides the 13 dead, 18 people were injured.

Have fun mourning people you don't know.

You've certainly proved how mature you are. neutral
Grow up.

I do, infact, find all those deaths tragic. And it does pain me that people have to die needlessly.

I'm not sure exactly what point you're trying to make, or what you're trying to prove.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff