Welcome to Gaia! ::

harmonicminor
god damn it

why is dir en grey and mana being discussed

this a topic about a metal band.

get out with your infidelious opinions! (last parts a joke)

Diru's turning into a metal band... if that makes you feel any better.
Ishoku Othello
harmonicminor
god damn it

they're turning into nu-metal. sad

well, more like metalcore, kind of like as i lay dying, minus the speed.

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Ishoku Othello
kill3rsushi]

@harmonicminor: Didn;t they do that long-a** song "forever love"? That song bores me.... I'm more of an Asain Kung-Fu Generation, Orange Range, and Beat Crusaders girl myself.[/color:7njbls
7njblsxh:1="kill3rsushi][color=lime]

@harmonicminor: Didn;t they do that long-a** song "forever love"? That song bores me.... I'm more of an Asain Kung-Fu Generation, Orange Range, and Beat Crusaders girl myself.

I didn't like that song either.
But when they sang it during hide's funeral... jeez, seeing that video made me cry.
Now I can't listen to the song because it makes me sad. D:
Up untiljust now i didn't even knwo he was dead. I'm really out of the J-rock loop, I'm more into the pop-rock than the metal. And I might look into footage of that funeral....
kill3rsushi
Ishoku Othello
kill3rsushi]

@harmonicminor: Didn;t they do that long-a** song "forever love"? That song bores me.... I'm more of an Asain Kung-Fu Generation, Orange Range, and Beat Crusaders girl myself.[/color:7njbls
7njblsxh:2="kill3rsushi][color=lime]

@harmonicminor: Didn;t they do that long-a** song "forever love"? That song bores me.... I'm more of an Asain Kung-Fu Generation, Orange Range, and Beat Crusaders girl myself.

But when they sang it during hide's funeral... jeez, seeing that video made me cry.
Up untiljust now i didn't even knwo he was dead. I'm really out of the J-rock loop, I'm more into the pop-rock than the metal. And I might look into footage of that funeral....
hide wasn't metal. D:
And he's been dead for over eight years now...
harmonicminor
Ishoku Othello
harmonicminor
god damn it

they're turning into nu-metal. sad

well, more like metalcore, kind of like as i lay dying, minus the speed.

I've never heard As I lay dying. ^^;
And I don't know specific sub-genres or anything,
I just know they're turning into harder rock than I really prefer.
I miss their six ugly days. D:

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Ishoku Othello
kill3rsushi
Ishoku Othello
kill3rsushi]

7njblsxh:3="kill3rsushi][color=lime]

hide wasn't metal. D:
Like I said, ou of the loop. I know absolutely nothing about the band, it's music or anything. I don't really like cosplaying bands in general cause their best points are the costumes, and my first and only impression of X-Japan was 10 minutes long and annoying after the first 5 xp

pixolotl's Stud

Dominant Darling

16,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
Eh.. I only like one song by them. :<
Sauce Packet
Sorry, but hide is dead.
If X Japan is ever brought back together, it'll never be the same.
Hide is dead? What killed him? Who is Hide?
kill3rsushi
Ishoku Othello
kill3rsushi
Ishoku Othello
kill3rsushi]

7njblsxh:4="kill3rsushi][color=lime]

hide wasn't metal. D:
Like I said, ou of the loop. I know absolutely nothing about the band, it's music or anything. I don't really like cosplaying bands in general cause their best points are the costumes, and my first and only impression of X-Japan was 10 minutes long and annoying after the first 5 xp

I'm not even talking about X.
I'm talking about hide.
He wasn't any "cosplaying" band.
BTW they're called Visual Kei.
It's only cosplay if you're actually dressing up after someone.
It's one of those things that annoy me, when people say cosplay,
especially when they talk about stuff like lolita or VK and say that it's something it's not.

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Ishoku Othello
kill3rsushi
Ishoku Othello
kill3rsushi
Ishoku Othello
kill3rsushi]

7njblsxh:5="kill3rsushi][color=lime]

hide wasn't metal. D:

I'm talking about hide.
especially when they talk about stuff like lolita or VK and say that it's something it's not.
Funny you should mention that: I am a cosplayer. I've met costume bands out of makeup (namely Psyco Le Cemu) and they're normal people. The makeup and outfits are just a fake image they uphold for the public.
Also, the only Keis and Lolitas and Fruits and such that I meet are at conventions and they only dress that way because they are in a convention invironment. If they dressed like that everyday, I wouldn't consider it cosplay. Cosplay reffers not specifically to characters, but to dressing up and going out into the world in a costume.
And if you were wondering, I mostly cosplay anime characters, but I once made a crappy rendition of Samurai Yukata Gackt -_-;;

8,800 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Cheerleader 200
Hmm ... *goes and listens to Crucify My Love*
kill3rsushi
Ishoku Othello
kill3rsushi
Ishoku Othello
kill3rsushi
hide wasn't metal. D:

I'm talking about hide.
Funny you should mention that: I am a cosplayer. I've met costume bands out of makeup (namely Psyco Le Cemu) and they're normal people. The makeup and outfits are just a fake image they uphold for the public.
Also, the only Keis and Lolitas and Fruits and such that I meet are at conventions and they only dress that way because they are in a convention invironment. If they dressed like that everyday, I wouldn't consider it cosplay. Cosplay reffers not specifically to characters, but to dressing up and going out into the world in a costume.
And if you were wondering, I mostly cosplay anime characters, but I once made a crappy rendition of Samurai Yukata Gackt -_-;;

I have plenty of friends that cosplay,
and they have all said at one point or another to other people,
that cosplay is something you do -after- someone else.
Therefore, they're not cosplaying, they're just dressing up,
that's all it is.
And I know some actual lolitas and fruits people.
Most of my friends dress in some manner or another all the time,
I included (unless I'm having a particularly shitty day).
I have my brand-name clothing people, like those that wear only SexPot or h.NAOTO or Btssb~
What I believe is if you only wear those clothings at certain times, it's just dressing up, nothing more, nothing less.
Cosplay is something I don't like to think of for the most part,
because when people talk about it, they're talking about dressing like anime characters,
and that's something I certainly don't want to be categorized with.
I thought you were going to talk about something like....Inuyasha
Blue Astraea
I thought you were going to talk about something like....Inuyasha
wtf
[David Hasselhoff]
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Sir, this is epic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces