Welcome to Gaia! ::

SITM
Chaotic Fury
I've been clinically diagnosed with both ADHD and OCD, and it isn't easy, but it isn't severe retardation.
I don't belive they're fads, expecially since I've only met around 3 to 4 people who have any clue as to what OCD is, and the people I've met with ADHD have been diagnosed, and most likely taken medication.

Of course, as most things, stupid stereotypes lead to stupid people.
It seems people think that ADD means you have the attention span of a goldfish, but in reality, it means you have a disability to process information at an effective rate.
People also seem not to know that Adderall and Rittlin(sp...) are not the only medication for such disorders. Fact is, both of those are horrible medications that have little to no effect on the chemisty that causes these disorders.

People also think that OCD is when someone needs everything to be neat and tidy.
Not so.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder has little to nothing to do with cleanlyness, and is more about just having compulsions.
People ask why I do the things like wash my hands, or not sit in a chair, and all I can answer is my OCD is the problem.
Because in reality, there is no rhyme or reason to it. I'm not afraid of germs, I just feel extremely uncomfortable doing it.

And anyone who says that their OCD doesn't like it is both a moron and a fool.
You are OCD, not the other way around. The OCD is not a sentient being controlling your every movement and action. It is something that you have complete control of.
well, perhaps it varies by region, but there are a lot of people, and I mean A LOT, around me who use those terms. I used to be one of them, but then my brother cracked down on me, and I learned to shut up about those thing (that and I'm no longer 12)

but some of these people would be perfectly fine, except music (the song "these words" makes a reference) and the rest of the media makes it sound "cool" to have a disorder

Yeah. Here in the cesspool of all states, New Jersy, it's considered cool to be a crossbreed between a redneck and a "gangsta".
I don't have OCD, nor do I refer to OCD in third person, but I do have some obsessions of cleaning and keeping things neat.
AirisMagik
Obessive Compulsive Disorder.

Say, you have to check your locks 50 times in a day.

That's OCD.

Obsessive part is the thinking about it. The compulsive part is doing it.

So you cannot be "OCD" over a guy, if you just think about him all the time, but never interact.

That's OBSESSIVE.
Period.
Ironically, I read an article in National Geographic where it states that the chemical changes in love are similar to that of in OCD.
takkun20
SITM
I'm sorry, but somone who when not on meds will stop, mid conversation, roll down the window and yell at geese is not "gifted" (or not in the sense you're talking 'bout')

obviously youve never met a real person with ADD
that person did have ADD, and I haven't just met him, I live with him. He has no attention span, and if I was the one dishing the dianoses, I'd say he had ADHD (but then agian, I haven't been through med school)
Shinobi White
SITM
Shinobi White
ADD isn't a mental disorder.

Ritalin is.

No, seriously. I'm ADHD. My grandparents refused to medicate me, and they might have gotten in trouble with Child protection for that, except---

I'm extremely intelligent and ambitious, able to do anything that I truly want to. One of the most capable and powerful living things on the planet. A grace to humankind, if you'll pardon my blatant egotism.

And that ritalin would have left me in the condition the psychiatrist condemned me to - "Almost vegetative, unable to live a normal live".

I've seen people with "severe ADHD". What it realliy is is ritalin poisoning. That's what causes them to sit there drooling, incapable of speech. Is the bullshit overprescribed drug that the Clinton b***h calls a "Godsend".
ritalin will have the opposite effect on those who don't actually have ADD

but my brother was fine on. He did switch medications, but just because it wasn't the best out there. For instance, he had to take two half doses a day, now he only has to take one.
ADD is a gift not a disorder. That is my point. So called "medication" destroys a perfect mind.

Stimulants icrease, not decrease brain activity.
Ritalin, like most ADD medication, is a stimulant.
Shinobi White
takkun20
Shinobi White
SITM
Shinobi White

Ritalin is.

No, seriously. I'm ADHD. My grandparents refused to medicate me, and they might have gotten in trouble with Child protection for that, except---

I'm extremely intelligent and ambitious, able to do anything that I truly want to. One of the most capable and powerful living things on the planet. A grace to humankind, if you'll pardon my blatant egotism.

And that ritalin would have left me in the condition the psychiatrist condemned me to - "Almost vegetative, unable to live a normal live".

I've seen people with "severe ADHD". What it realliy is is ritalin poisoning. That's what causes them to sit there drooling, incapable of speech. Is the bullshit overprescribed drug that the Clinton b***h calls a "Godsend".

but my brother was fine on. He did switch medications, but just because it wasn't the best out there. For instance, he had to take two half doses a day, now he only has to take one.
ADD is a gift not a disorder. That is my point. So called "medication" destroys a perfect mind.

bah haha gift? my a** its a gift, ritalin may not have helped but it sure as hell didnt hurt, ive taken it for the better part of 8 yrs and the only real negative side effect ive encountered is insomnia, and loss of appetite
The insomnia is obviously why you do not remember the stunning intelligence and perfect comprehension of the world you had before the poison wrecked you.

look just because you have ADD doesnt mean your god, and i have been able to recognize my stunning intelligence, just cuz my grandparents didnt pamper me and call me "special", doesnt mean that im one of the smartest in my college
Rabid Nozomi
AirisMagik
Obessive Compulsive Disorder.

Say, you have to check your locks 50 times in a day.

That's OCD.

Obsessive part is the thinking about it. The compulsive part is doing it.

So you cannot be "OCD" over a guy, if you just think about him all the time, but never interact.

That's OBSESSIVE.
Period.
Ironically, I read an article in National Geographic where it states that the chemical changes in love are similar to that of in OCD.

I read that somewhere too.
And actually, when you are in love, it is more than a basic obsession. You act on it, making it a compulsion.
Chaotic Fury
Shinobi White
SITM
Shinobi White

Ritalin is.

Stimulants only increase noncentral nervous activity. They decrease capacity for thought, and also can reduce supergeniuses to brain-damaged drooling vegetables.

TAKKUN: I never said I was God. I'm just letting people know that ritalin is a vile poison. My grandparents didn't call me special, they were just a little freaked out when they found me enjoying a marine biology textbook - WHEN I WAS TWO YEARS OLD. And fully comprehending everything written in it, for that matter. And I'm fairly sure I'm the smartest person in my college, with a little luck on soomeone else's part I'm only number two.
Chaotic Fury
Shinobi White
SITM
Shinobi White

Ritalin is.

some stimulants do work. Along with such drugs as ritalin, my brother's also been perscribed with regular exercise. and it has worked. He's much better in school during wrestling season, while they have him running laps

ritalin may not be the best drug, but you sure seem to be insulting it like it's killing people. It might, because it is a drug and people miss use it to get high, but that doesn't mean someone who actually has ADD will die from it or something.

Friendly Lunatic

I have been dianosed with ADHD.
I have not taken ANY of the medication for it. My damaged liver forbids it.

I am leading a perfectly normal life, and as much as I might scary some people for my hyperactivity and whatnot, I'm still capable of being what this sociaty defines as "normal."

You don't need medication for these disorders. Its all just pure bullshit.
Shinobi White
Stimulants only increase noncentral nervous activity. They decrease capacity for thought, and also can reduce supergeniuses to brain-damaged drooling vegetables.

TAKKUN: I never said I was God. I'm just letting people know that ritalin is a vile poison. My grandparents didn't call me special, they were just a little freaked out when they found me enjoying a marine biology textbook - WHEN I WAS TWO YEARS OLD. And fully comprehending everything written in it, for that matter. And I'm fairly sure I'm the smartest person in my college, with a little luck on soomeone else's part I'm only number two.

"supergeniuses"?......
anyhoo, marine biology isnt that difficult to comprehend, try chaos theory in the 4th grade
and if im so poisoned, then how come i function normally?
SITM
Chaotic Fury
Shinobi White
SITM
Shinobi White

Ritalin is.

some stimulants do work. Along with such drugs as ritalin, my brother's also been perscribed with regular exercise. and it has worked. He's much better in school during wrestling season, while they have him running laps

ritalin may not be the best drug, but you sure seem to be insulting it like it's killing people. It might, because it is a drug and people miss use it to get high, but that doesn't mean someone who actually has ADD will die from it or something.
Kill people?

No, it's worse. It destroys geniuses. Makes potentially REAL people, into the soulless shells that this society calls "normal". They force s**t like this onto their children, for fear that their child will be condemned as "weird". Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla, all of them were one of a kind - that is, they weren't poioned into vegetation by quack shrinks.
Crucifixion
I have been dianosed with ADHD.
I have not taken ANY of the medication for it. My damaged liver forbids it.

I am leading a perfectly normal life, and as much as I might scary some people for my hyperactivity and whatnot, I'm still capable of being what this sociaty defines as "normal."

You don't need medication for these disorders. Its all just pure bullshit.
Well, if it works for you, then go with it. But that does not mean that it's bullshit. These dieseases come in many different strengths. There are people out there who CAN NOT live normal lives around people. They just can't function properly, and would need personal aids just to get through normal school life. So they take drugs. It makes the world a lot simpler.
Shinobi White
Chaotic Fury
Shinobi White
SITM
Shinobi White

Ritalin is.

Complete and utter bullshit.
I was on stimulants.
I was not any dumber than before.
In fact, my ADHD made me appear dumber than after I got on strateira.
I was not a vegatable.
I read books written by Jauques Costeau while on stimulants.
I understood the books written by Jauques Costeau while on stimulants.
ADHD reduces ability to comprehend things at a normal rate, and usually appears when you are in your teens.
At two years old, the chemichal imbalance would not have developed yet.
takkun20
Shinobi White

"supergeniuses"?......
anyhoo, marine biology isnt that difficult to comprehend, try chaos theory in the 4th grade
and if im so poisoned, then how come i function normally?"Normal" is another word for "broken soulless shells". It's a sign that you've been poisoned.

Okay, reading, alone, at two years old is downright insane. Chaos theory is easy to understand, my friend's five-year-old nephew already understands it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff