Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you ever fiddled with a shortwave radio in the wee hours of the morning? You might have picked up a numbers station!

What is a numbers station? Numbers stations are radio broadcasts made by unknown sources. They could be from kids screwing around, military, air lines, or even spies!(How cold war!)

What's one one one of these stations? Well, it could be any number of things. Generally it's a voice, usually female, reading a list of numbers, or words from the NATO phonetic alphabet. Other voices, such as children's or mechanically-generated, are not uncommon.
Sometimes on a numbers station you'll get static bursts, morse code, music notes, actuall music, or various tones. They may seem like nonsense, but are actually cleverly encrypted codes to relay messages between different people.
The most famous number station recording is in my signature. It's called The Lincolnshire Poacher, and is broadcast over several frequencies. Many people think it's run by the M16-Britain's answer to the CIA.

So have you ever heard a numbers station? They're scary things, and here's a collection of a good number, for your listening pleasure. Conet Project

Discuss
DONT LISTEN

ITS THE MAN, MAN

TRYING TO BRING US DOWN
MAN
exclaim
I haven't heard that on the radio, but...
My computer speakers have picked up people talking before...like walkie talkie talking, not those weird ads.
It was so WEIRD.
Sounds creepy, pep.per. I've heard of that happening before...what brand of speakers do you have?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff