Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is there such thing as equivalent exchange?

Yes. 0.25396825396825 25.4% [ 16 ]
No. 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 21 ]
I don't know. 0.41269841269841 41.3% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 63 ]
< 1 2

Sol King
It's not about how much matter is in an object, or something like that. There are no two objects that are identical to the molecular level, at least according to my knowledge.

The meaning behind no exquivalent exchange is that sometimes you may put all your effort and devote all your resources to something and get jack-s**t in the end. But if something is worth that much then one must try to attain it anyway.

I see. So it's like another way of saying that life is unfair in that case.
airpollution
Sol King
It's not about how much matter is in an object, or something like that. There are no two objects that are identical to the molecular level, at least according to my knowledge.

The meaning behind no exquivalent exchange is that sometimes you may put all your effort and devote all your resources to something and get jack-s**t in the end. But if something is worth that much then one must try to attain it anyway.

Yeah, kinda. It's saying life is unfair, but you have to put the effort forth anyway.
Ponjo
THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS SANTA CLAUSE!
YOU...YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!

I-I SAW HIM AT MACY'S!
Sol King

The meaning behind no exquivalent exchange is that sometimes you may put all your effort and devote all your resources to something and get jack-s**t in the end. But if something is worth that much then one must
try to attain it anyway.

That's what I'm trying to say-no two things are exactly the same.
phantomofakina
you guys are looking at it from the wrong point of view, look at it from a chemical nature.

if you make a reaction, you cannot end up with more than what you started with. equilivant exchange at work.

it only works in making things, anything else, well...thats irrelevent.

Very true. I was seeing it as a no-two-things-are-the-same way, but you have a point.
knightdelsol
you know what, i don't know...but i totally missed the FMA series on TV and now i have nothing to do except look for the manga.... ><' yar.

Irrelavant.
Cat-chan

DURH
thats kind of like a major point in the story
P:
They discover equivelent exchange isn't really equivelent

User Image

gonk
Uhm. I said that I wasn't finished reading the manga.
That was pretty much a spoiler.
Kind of.
Sol King
airpollution
Sol King

Yeah, kinda. It's saying life is unfair, but you have to put the effort forth anyway.

That's kind of inspirational. 3nodding

Napping Machine 's Significant Otter

The politician.
You trade a piece of paper for another piece of paper. Not equivalent. Each has nearly the same properties, but they are not EXACTLY equal.

Hm. Well, I do believe that there is such a thing as Equivalent Exchange. Just think, what Al-kun says at the beginning of the opening theme is: "Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost."
Now, nothing is entirely equal but, what he says is true. In order to recieve anything from a store or business, one must pay the equal amount of money. Quite frankly, I don't think that the world would function without Equivalent Exchange. We'd all be taking whatever we could get our hands on, and in the end, most people would probably wind up with nothing while all the stronger people got everything. Meh. I'm probably not making any sense; I tend to do that. Ah well. That's my opinion.
ToDieLaughing
The politician.
You trade a piece of paper for another piece of paper. Not equivalent. Each has nearly the same properties, but they are not EXACTLY equal.

Hm. Well, I do believe that there is such a thing as Equivalent Exchange. Just think, what Al-kun says at the beginning of the opening theme is: "Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost."
Now, nothing is entirely equal but, what he says is true. In order to recieve anything from a store or business, one must pay the equal amount of money. Quite frankly, I don't think that the world would function without Equivalent Exchange. We'd all be taking whatever we could get our hands on, and in the end, most people would probably wind up with nothing while all the stronger people got everything. Meh. I'm probably not making any sense; I tend to do that. Ah well. That's my opinion.

Ironically, if you look at the world that is how it really is. Most people have nothing, and then there's a handful of people that have everything and therefore have more power which enables them to keep taking from the less fortunate by exploiting them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff