Welcome to Gaia! ::

Picometer
You can be depressed without a "reason".

It's a clinical disease.

neutral

A disease (by definition) is something that alters your physical or mental being. And unless you can prove to me (right here and now) that depression does either of these...then it's not a disease. In layman's terms: If it does something to actually physically change our brain or body...then it's not a disease.
Depression doesn't automatically mean "cutting" and it's a chemical imbalance in the brain, so those who really are depressed can only get help through therapy and medication.

I've also read that people who tell say "just get over it" are hurting more than helping.
i hate the people that pretend to be depressed it's so annoying, whinging about "i'm going to this" and "i cut myself everyday" or when they 'almost' cut themselves infront of people. here it is, if you're depressed you wouldn't whinge about it to EVERYONE, and blog it all over msn, if you're depressed to an extent of cutting, it's a general fact that people cut on their legs to avoid being caught! finally, i comepletely agree with what you are saying (referring to first post) pah-lease! i know people who are 'supposedly' depressed because their mummy or daddy won't buy them an ipod, or won't let them have some other new gizmo, boo friggin hoo
Veste
Picometer
You can be depressed without a "reason".

It's a clinical disease.

neutral

A disease (by definition) is something that alters your physical or mental being. And unless you can prove to me (right here and now) that depression does either of these...then it's not a disease. In layman's terms: If it does something to actually physically change our brain or body...then it's not a disease.
First post edited.
Chrysostom
We were created to die. WE WERE CREATED TO DIE!

No.

We were created to:

GET SCREWED OVER BY THE GOVERNMENT.
GET SCREWED OVER BY THE EDUCATION SYSTEM.
BREED SOME MORE AND REPEAT THE CYCLE.
THEN WE'D DIE.

I wonder what would happen if everyone in the world was sterilized...
Dragonboy001
i agree totally, iwent through 3 years of psycology, because i was deppressed..

not because my mum didnt get me and ipod (i dont have still), not because i wasnt allowed to eat at the computer, i was teased, from preschool (yes, preschool i was teased), i mean i was the kid who went home crying everyday, whos parents called the school every week for a reason why i cry.

then, when i got to year 8, i finally realised, they dont like me for a reason! so if im gonna be teased, im gonna be a complete d**k heda back, and so i began being and a*****e, and shazaam! im not depressed anymore! no more tablets or meds!

******** stick up for yourselfs, we dont give a s**t if your mummy didnt buy your GTA! get a real life problem!

I like you.
The way I see it, you've got nothing to complain about until you've got a mortgage and four screaming kids.
I'm SICK and TIRED of ALL THE ******** EMO POSTS on EVERY LITTLE FORUM THING (DeviantArt, Gaia, etc.). STOP BEING SO SAD. LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE YOU ASSHATS!!!

Okay done screaming.

Yes yes there are a few things about life that aren't pleasent, but I don't go about and mope about it everywhere. Optimist? Perhaps.

Newbie Noob

Super Goa
depression sucks. :[

but the glass is half full!

I hope so?
Half full of what? Gravel? Maybe blood? Is it used in a sacrificial context?
/Bill Bailey
I like the people here.
i have this group of girls at my school, who are complete bitches, and their excuse is "you dont know what is like to have PMS, its pre menstrual syndrome!"

1.) its pre menstrual stress!
2.) its once a month for a few days, not every day
3.)your still a b***h, no wonder you dont have a boyfriend
bahh doesn't it just irritate you when people have blogs like "this is the end" then 5 days later "okay this is really the end" =.=" geebus
Allychan
Depression doesn't automatically mean "cutting" and it's a chemical imbalance in the brain, so those who really are depressed can only get help through therapy and medication.

I've also read that people who tell say "just get over it" are hurting more than helping.

pills don't actually help, they make you dependent and trigger a mental euphoria to make you feel better. Almost like a high when you take drugs, after the effect wears off, you're back to you're normal self, with the same problems and nothing's cured.
Veste
Dragonboy001
i agree totally, iwent through 3 years of psycology, because i was deppressed..

not because my mum didnt get me and ipod (i dont have still), not because i wasnt allowed to eat at the computer, i was teased, from preschool (yes, preschool i was teased), i mean i was the kid who went home crying everyday, whos parents called the school every week for a reason why i cry.

then, when i got to year 8, i finally realised, they dont like me for a reason! so if im gonna be teased, im gonna be a complete d**k heda back, and so i began being and a*****e, and shazaam! im not depressed anymore! no more tablets or meds!

******** stick up for yourselfs, we dont give a s**t if your mummy didnt buy your GTA! get a real life problem!

I like you.

i like you too, but in the next 2 posts i will get carried away and everyone will hate me, im actually quite depressed now, my rabbit was just eaten by a fox...
so im a bit grumpy...

6,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
What about the chemicals in the brain thing? Isnt' a lot of depression about that? I understand what you mean, but there's a lot of people who truely have it, they just may express it in "trivial" ways.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff